second season they should have michael use a

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightriderfan123
Stranger

second season they should have michael use a

Post by knightriderfan123 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:32 pm

wrist watch like in the old series to communicate with kitt. because with a earwig people will notice.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Re: second season they should have michael use a

Post by K.A.C.I. » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Given how tiny the earwig is - it's so small that when it's fitted you can't see it from the outside - I have to disagree with you. A guy talking to his watch is, I think, far more noticeable than a guy who might simply be talking to himself(as some do, myself included) or on a phone using a wireless earpiece - as with the Pilot Movie earpiece, which I thought was rather more clever. But then again, the earwig being as tiny as it is makes it nearly impossible to notice it from the outside unless you have sensors in place to detect electronics of that sort.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah I'm with KACI on this one.

How is a tiny device fitted inside an ear more noticeable than someone holding his watch up to his face?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Maybe, but the watch would have a lot more uses than just being a communication device. Besides it could always just be used as a back up since, like in the last episode, Mike isn't going to have the earwig in his ear 24/7. He probably won't wear a watch 24/7 either but certainly more frequently.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:53 am

I'm not sure but I think the whole "Mike doesn't have the earwig" thing might be a plot formula they've decided to use. It's happened in the past two episodes - I'm wondering if we'll see it again. If we do, it might confirm my suspicions. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing - I like to see Mike and KI3T working independently, and this seems to promote that.

Traceur really doesn't seem like a watch type of guy to me, honestly. Maybe if someone found a suitable watch or something....but a cheap watch won't look good, and a really nice-looking, expensive watch might be a little too James Bond-esque.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:09 am

anther big disadvantage of the watch is that if it was loud enough for Mike to hear it, then it's loud enough for other people to hear, which would mean Kitt would be limited to when he could contact Michel. With the earwig he can relay information to Micheal while he's talking to someone.

I can see a watch being used as a back up option though.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:09 am

Rockatteer wrote:I can see a watch being used as a back up option though.
In much the same manner as a Bluetooth-enabled phone reverts back to normal mode when the earpiece is out of range or otherwise disabled, the "backup" functionality of a Comlink would be similar with the Earwick device. Perhaps with both enabled, the dual advantages of extended range and greater stealth would be present. Loss of the Earwick would revert communications to the more-conspicuous Comlink, while loss or destruction of the Comlink (as in a fight) would reduce range from a few miles to a few hundered yards. Loss or destruction of both would leave Mike in the same situation as in Exit Light, Enter Knight, with no communication unless he borrowed a cellphone from another person, or confiscated one from a villain. The 2008 version of a Comlink might also have multiple high-level functions, such as one might find on a SmartPhone, including the ability for KI3T to forward video feeds or other important data to its screen.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Rockatteer wrote:Yeah I'm with KACI on this one.

How is a tiny device fitted inside an ear more noticeable than someone holding his watch up to his face?
Yes because people wearing earwigs for cell phones is so uncommon this days yet people talking to watches is so common right? :roll:

This is just another shot at nostalgia, nothing else and nothing more...

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 pm

With Bluetooth now mainstream, watching the old episodes with Knight talking into his watch looks painful. He looks like a moron.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Ya know what would be hillarious, if the hoff ever did make it to season 2 I could see The hoff being a bit confused by the new technology and refusing to use it. He would still insist on talking through the watch communicator. That could be quite a funny segment.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Watch was just more durable when in a fight:)

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:33 am

DevonStyles wrote:Ya know what would be hillarious, if the hoff ever did make it to season 2 I could see The hoff being a bit confused by the new technology and refusing to use it. He would still insist on talking through the watch communicator. That could be quite a funny segment.
I would really be interested to watch that :lol: :kitt:

kenick
Volunteer

Post by kenick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:01 am

love to see micheal use a thin lcd paper which display message frm KI3T
and an implanted a mic on his tongue so that he can comunicate with kitt
BLACK STIG IS THE HUMANISED KITT

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:42 am

PunkMaister wrote:

Yes because people wearing earwigs for cell phones is so uncommon this days yet people talking to watches is so common right? :roll:

Since when do people use earwigs to talk in phones? I've only seen the Bluetooth headset that instead of making it look like you're talking to a watch you'd just look like you're talking to yourself. Besides that the Comlink in the original series had several more uses than just talking into and, but of course you just go on ahead and use the wonderful rolling your eyes emoticon at people because in your opinion we're all going on "nostalgia". Nevermind the fact that there are plenty of practical uses to the point where other shows are using it such as Chuck.

Oh and by the way.

http://lgwatchphone.com/pictures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:25 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:

Since when do people use earwigs to talk in phones? I've only seen the Bluetooth headset that instead of making it look like you're talking to a watch you'd just look like you're talking to yourself. Besides that the Comlink in the original series had several more uses than just talking into and, but of course you just go on ahead and use the wonderful rolling your eyes emoticon at people because in your opinion we're all going on "nostalgia". Nevermind the fact that there are plenty of practical uses to the point where other shows are using it such as Chuck.

Oh and by the way.

And what do you call this:

True the thing is a bit bulkier and noticeable than the Earwig Mike uses but is still something people use all the time and you cannot deny that...

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:56 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:

Oh and by the way.

Just put him on ignore. That's what I did.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:Just put him on ignore. That's what I did.
That coming from a Misogynist means nothing to me...

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:26 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:Just put him on ignore. That's what I did.
That coming from a Misogynist means nothing to me...
Mr. Marcus,

Since you've put PunkMaister onto your ignore list, I'd appreciate it if you would ignore his presence entirely, as by addressing others about him, you're continuing to add fuel to an already raging fire.

PunkMaister, given Mr. Marcus' decision to place you onto his ignore list, I'd appreciate it if you would ignore his presence as well, because if the two of you continue to trade insults and/or deride one another, I'll be forced to suspend the offending party once again.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Matthew wrote: Mr. Marcus,

Since you've put PunkMaister onto your ignore list, I'd appreciate it if you would ignore his presence entirely, as by addressing others about him, you're continuing to add fuel to an already raging fire.

PunkMaister, given Mr. Marcus' decision to place you onto his ignore list, I'd appreciate it if you would ignore his presence as well, because if the two of you continue to trade insults and/or deride one another, I'll be forced to suspend the offending party once again.

Matt
Done...

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 pm

I have a question that involves the original series and since we're talking about comlink/earwig

Didn't michael knight's comlink get crushed/destroyed in the episode knightmares when the guy dropped the grenade and he got tossed during the explosion.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Dee_Jay77 wrote:I have a question that involves the original series and since we're talking about comlink/earwig

Didn't michael knight's comlink get crushed/destroyed in the episode knightmares when the guy dropped the grenade and he got tossed during the explosion.

Interesting but I'm assuming that just like in the new show they had a replacement comlink in case one was destroyed. It makes no sense to make just one since they can obviously get lost or damaged anyway...

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:34 pm

Mike using a watch communicator might be appropriate for one episode, as a nod to TOS, but I'm not sure I can see it being used all the time. Although the earwig seems to be problematic (as a plot device), it really has many more obvious advantages than a watch in terms of stealth and durability.

The one thing I can see being a concern is that the watch created a physical cue that Michael was going to communicate with KI2T - and that physical cue isn't present in KR08. I can't really think of anything good to use, though - Mike raising a finger to his ear might look kind of dorky, but I guess it will work. (He might have done this before.) I think that a slight cue, like this, would help audiences make the instant connection that Mike's talking to KI3T. It doesn't have to happen all the time - if Mike's in the middle of a fight, or he running, or something, it might not be necessary, but if he's just standing around, I'd rather see the finger-to-back-of-ear than the little hunch-followed-by-looking-at-floor that Mike does when he seems to communicate with KI3T.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:52 pm

There is another factor with having a watch that after reading all the posts everonne seems to have forgotten and thats the watch wasn't just for communicating with KITT and besides telling the time and date the watch was also used as a portable scanner (there are episodes where Michael is waving the watch around to allow Kitt to get into shielded areas that he couldn't scan) and also came with a couple of other tricks like the micro lock feature for opening doors and i think it was also seen being used a a Hyper sonic out put for disabling people. So if Mike were to aquire a watch it would probably have other gadgets built in like a mini scanner and mini EMP for small power disrutions or blowing computers that sort of thing or even a small usb adapter on the strap that he could use to plug the watch into isolated computers for KI3T to have access. he could even keep a couple of watches with different functions in the car and be able to select one to aid him on different missions these would be used in conjunction with the Earwig not just by themselves although that wouldn't be ruled out.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:41 am

it should look like a typical everyday watch like silver Rolex

and include a laser, scanner, a camera, a com link and a LCD screen
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:50 pm

how about his dad for help?
I'm sure David could show up at least ONCE on the second season.... :good:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;