Best Turbo Boost From Tos And KR 08

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Best Turbo Boost From Tos And KR 08

Post by TravisKnight01 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey everyone im wondering which is everyones favorite turbo boost from the orignal series and knight rider 2008/09? My favorite has to be from white rock episode.

Travis F

the original KITT
Operative

Re: Best Turbo Boost From Tos And KR 08

Post by the original KITT » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Isn't the Turbo Boost in white rock where KITT Turbo boosts over that pond? Well it goes kinda wrong at the end so the cut the shot so u never see then landing. Im pretty sure it is. Erm not a very good Turbo boost in my opinion.

Erm i liked all the Turbo Boosts in TOS especially when they added the sound affects (half way through the first season) didn't like the fakeones (u know what i mean) but most of them did look realistic (brothers keeper turbo boost at the start is a good example) Also Turbo boosts which are perfect (i.e they land flat) and know that it has gone smoothly.

Erm my favourite Turbo Boost of Knight rider 2k8 is the episode where KARR returns. It was the most realistic and done in normal mode. (shame they didn't show the landing or taking off but was still good to see) My second favouirite is the two parter epiosde, that was wicked.(saw lauch- which might i add u never saw in TOS as TOS were real therefore they covered up the ramp)

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:46 pm

The Turbo Boost from a car park into Cameron Zachary's suite/apartment/whatever in A Good Knight's Work I think is my favorite. There's a gif of it around here somewhere. Granted they certainly used models/miniatures and camera tricks to do it but that doesn't matter, it looked great.

I'd have to second the TB from Knight to King's Pawn as my favorite also of KR08, it helps that it's the first one that for the most part didn't completely smack me in the face as looking fake even with KITT's acrobatics. Probably helped that it was totally dark and that pretty much the entire scene was CGI so there wasn't much there to be jarring. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Best TOS TB: Halloween Knight - Mainly because it was one shot with the launch and landing at speed.
Best KR08 TB: Day Turns to Knight - First full TB of KR08. Nicely done too.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:36 am

[quote="PHOENIXZERO"]The Turbo Boost from a car park into Cameron Zachary's suite/apartment/whatever in A Good Knight's Work I think is my favorite. There's a gif of it around here somewhere. Granted they certainly used models/miniatures and camera tricks to do it but that doesn't matter, it looked great.

- it does look great, looks very real. :D

Also one of my favourites

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:19 pm

My favorite turbo boost from the old series has to be in Knightmares in season 2.The one where Kitt turbo boosts from an overhead bridge,hits the side of the water chamber to knock a pipe loose to lower the water levels,then hits the ground one level underneath the bridge.It had everything,a good reason to turbo boost,show of force hitting the chamber at preciseley the right angle,and the length/distance for a great jump.Landing in one piece didn't hurt either.

The cheesiest turbo boost I ever seen from the old series is in Forget Me Not,the slow turbo boost from uphill to a very low one landing on the beach just seemed so fakeand slowmotion didn't help,even faker than miniatures used in some turbo boost shots.

The new series ,as far as i'm concerned,I don't like the turbo boosts so much because they can only be performed in Attack Mode.In that mode kitt has a much lower front bumper and as it is if kitt hits a speedbump,the car's front chasis could be destroyed,so I can't fathom how a turbo boost can ever be shot to show the front end.

If I did have to choose a turbo boost in the new series,I'd have to say the kitt vs karr episode where Ki3t is in normal mode and flips off a curvel hilltop,uses his grappling hook.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi everyone,

My favorite Turbo Boost from the TOS has to be in Knightmares...It is when KITT discovers Micheal behind the police station in the alley and gives chase...Micheal runs across a street being worked on by construction workers thinking that he has has now gotten that weird talking car stuck...The sheer look of panic on Micheal's face as he realizes that what the revving car is thinking is pure magic...The actual Turbo Boost was pretty good too even if he ended up against a bush...

My Favorite Turbo Boost of the KR '08 series has to be the one where KITT leaps off the cliff and uses his grappling hook to yank Alex Torres out of KARR. I just really liked it....
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:18 pm

i love the turbo boosts all of them from the soul survivor episode!!

i don't like kr08 turbo boost!!too fake!!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:06 pm

That sheer look of panic on David's face is real.Funny story in Knight Rider Companion.The stunt coordinator was always dead on with the turbo boost jumps to be perfect.David was a good playing jokes on everyone on the show.David calls the stunt coordinator's wife and keeps updating her with more info on today's stunts on knight rider.She leaves her job on another show that day,runs to her husband and tells him about what David told her all day.He tries to get back at David by having the car jump,which usually lands perfectly,jump and shake a bit on the landing and move slightly off.David is so freaked out about being splattered into the alley his look of pure panic is real.
My_Friend_KITT wrote:Hi everyone,

My favorite Turbo Boost from the TOS has to be in Knightmares...It is when KITT discovers Micheal behind the police station in the alley and gives chase...Micheal runs across a street being worked on by construction workers thinking that he has has now gotten that weird talking car stuck...The sheer look of panic on Micheal's face as he realizes that what the revving car is thinking is pure magic...The actual Turbo Boost was pretty good too even if he ended up against a bush...

My Favorite Turbo Boost of the KR '08 series has to be the one where KITT leaps off the cliff and uses his grappling hook to yank Alex Torres out of KARR. I just really liked it....

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:17 pm

the original KITT wrote:Isn't the Turbo Boost in white rock where KITT Turbo boosts over that pond? Well it goes kinda wrong at the end so the cut the shot so u never see then landing. Im pretty sure it is. Erm not a very good Turbo boost in my opinion.

Erm i liked all the Turbo Boosts in TOS especially when they added the sound affects (half way through the first season) didn't like the fakeones (u know what i mean) but most of them did look realistic (brothers keeper turbo boost at the start is a good example) Also Turbo boosts which are perfect (i.e they land flat) and know that it has gone smoothly.

Erm my favourite Turbo Boost of Knight rider 2k8 is the episode where KARR returns. It was the most realistic and done in normal mode. (shame they didn't show the landing or taking off but was still good to see) My second favouirite is the two parter epiosde, that was wicked.(saw lauch- which might i add u never saw in TOS as TOS were real therefore they covered up the ramp)

I think you are right. I liked the one with KARR very much. The boost from the 2-part episod "cant remember the name" was a bit over done. specially when jumping into the prison. a very clear computer generated. :kitt:

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm

I think you are right. I liked the one with KARR very much. The boost from the 2-part episod "cant remember the name" was a bit over done. specially when jumping into the prison. a very clear computer generated. :kitt:[/quote]

Totally agree, i hate nearly all the Turbo boosts in the new series epeically those one in the first part of the two part episode which u are talking about. Looks so fake, TOS turbo boost into the prison (Brothers keeper) is much more better and looks much more real and this is 26 years back!

3 words to Knight rider

KEEP - IT - REAL!

Real turbo boosts please, and more of them.