I think we are getting a 2nd season...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Luis
Rookie

I think we are getting a 2nd season...

Post by Luis » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Hey guys... I have a hunch that Knight Rider is getting a 2nd season. Why? Because they they hired a community manager for the NBC board and updated http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Why hire a person and update a website for a canceled show?

It just doesn't make sense.

I think this week's episode saved the show. Seriously. Both things happened in the last 12 hours or so.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: I think we are getting a 2nd season...

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:47 pm

i dont think just one episode saved KR, but doesnt hurt to think that
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:15 am

They are just going along with the plan they have laid out before them. A second season depends solely on the ratings that the remaining episodes get. So if you want it, tune in and watch!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:46 am

The "community manager" as mentioned in another topic is someone who oversees all the forums on the NBC boards, they're not strictly directed to Knight Rider, it's the entire NBC online community. The Admin on the forums that posted there posted in several other show's boards as well, she just posted under the shows she apparently likes.

Besides that, the update to KRI.com wasn't really all that major, just the front page and the page after it. I think we know or have a good idea of who is behind the KR related sites, he's made a few entries in the Knight Writers Blog.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:34 am

also there is a question been bouncing in my mind....why would NBC reboot the franchise for only 5 eps? the reboot would mean more money being spent and more resources being given to the show...it doesnt make any sense...unless they too are thinking on the lines of a second season.
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:31 am

I think that NBC wants a second season.If they didn't care, they'd probably cancel the show already, or they'd probably not do the reboot.It's also possible that they kept the 17 episodes because of Ford's contract.I'm beginning to think that they're considering a second season, especially after the increase in ratings for Exit Light, Enter Knight.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Stinch
Volunteer

Post by Stinch » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:00 am

What if the lack of promotion from nbc is due to the fact that they want to start a fresh for season 2!!
If you had watched an early episode you might not bother with the second season cos you have seen the new knightrider and its a bit pants!!

But if you didn't know it was on and then you saw all the promotion for the new season of knightrider you might go and watch it to see what it's like!!

Just a thought!!
The laws a double edged sword and you've been sitting pretty on one side for too long! Now your gonna feel the other side, the side that cuts!

devox
Volunteer

Post by devox » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:02 am

Luis wrote:Hey guys... I have a hunch that Knight Rider is getting a 2nd season. Why? Because they they hired a community manager for the NBC board and updated http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Why hire a person and update a website for a canceled show?

It just doesn't make sense.

I think this week's episode saved the show. Seriously. Both things happened in the last 12 hours or so.
hm... is anybody sure about this? second season? :D i can't wait :D

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:35 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:I think that NBC wants a second season.If they didn't care, they'd probably cancel the show already, or they'd probably not do the reboot.It's also possible that they kept the 17 episodes because of Ford's contract.I'm beginning to think that they're considering a second season, especially after the increase in ratings for Exit Light, Enter Knight.
That's not necessarily correct. True, some shows are canceled immediately or with little wait times. But other shows are dragged out for a while and left in limbo until they simply don't show up on the following season's lineup. KR appears to be following the same pattern as Bionic Woman. Bionic Woman completed production in November on a number of episodes prior to the WGA strike. NBC kept saying that Bionic Woman was not canceled and that it would return after the strike. But when the fall 08 lineup was announced in April, Bionic Woman was not there. So NBC never came out with a press release saying Bionic Woman was officially canceled, they just quietly forgot about it.

I think the reason they keep quiet about shows like this is b/c of the fanbase. Cult shows have a zealous fanbase. If NBC came out and said KR is canceled they would be bombarded with letters and chess pieces by fans trying to save the show. By keeping quiet and refusing to officially acknowledge its status it lessens the impact and prevents a widespread mobilization of an all out letter assault of the NBC offices by the fans. The only thing we know with certainty is that NBC has been keeping mum regarding KR's status for next season which offers the fans no help. But if you read Angela Bromstad's comments about making NBC a ratings leader again and their strategy for next Fall which includes increasing live programming, you'd be hard pressed to find where KR fits into this new approach by NBC.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:16 am

ronni3 wrote:also there is a question been bouncing in my mind....why would NBC reboot the franchise for only 5 eps? the reboot would mean more money being spent and more resources being given to the show...it doesnt make any sense...unless they too are thinking on the lines of a second season.
They aren't spending more money and resources though. They've eliminated 3 actors one of which is Bruce Davison who I'm certain was the highest or one of the highest paid actors on the show. And the KITT cave was dead. No lights, no extras, nothing in the background. Plus advertising of KR has gone down. I don't see as many spots as I used to. I think they are spending less money on this show after the reboot.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:56 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:
ronni3 wrote:also there is a question been bouncing in my mind....why would NBC reboot the franchise for only 5 eps? the reboot would mean more money being spent and more resources being given to the show...it doesnt make any sense...unless they too are thinking on the lines of a second season.
They aren't spending more money and resources though. They've eliminated 3 actors one of which is Bruce Davison who I'm certain was the highest or one of the highest paid actors on the show. And the KITT cave was dead. No lights, no extras, nothing in the background. Plus advertising of KR has gone down. I don't see as many spots as I used to. I think they are spending less money on this show after the reboot.
Funny Mr Marcus you were one of the loudest voices against all the extras, too many characters and people on the set. There is simply no way to win with you is there?
I hope the show does get picked for a second season...

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:09 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:
Funny Mr Marcus you were one of the loudest voices against all the extras, too many characters and people on the set. There is simply no way to win with you is there?
I hope the show does get picked for a second season...
Really? I'm supporting them now? No guy, I was just stating what was shown on Wed in support of the assertion that NBC is in fact reducing costs after the reboot. Please stop replying to my posts with ridiculous insinuations. You have a tendency to start these little e-fights on here and I'm sick of it. Consider this my last reply to any of your posts.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:44 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:Really? I'm supporting them now? No guy, I was just stating what was shown on Wed in support of the assertion that NBC is in fact reducing costs after the reboot. Please stop replying to my posts with ridiculous insinuations. You have a tendency to start these little e-fights on here and I'm sick of it. Consider this my last reply to any of your posts.
Reducing costs does not mean a show is necessarily Earmarked for cancellation. Especially with the current economic situation. And less extras and cast means more money for /FX and stunts so is ok by me...

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:49 pm

A 2nd season is a possibility factoring in Exit Light, Enter Knights boost in ratings but unfortunately its just not enough. These numbers need to keep climbing before its even considered viable. If the quality of the episodes keep to this high standard and and viewers go up and we keep our campaigning strong, NBC will really see that it has a loyal following and will give it the second chance it so rightly deserves.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:39 pm

To be honest speculating either way is probably a total waste of time. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC have already decided the fate of the show.
Some of the crappiest TV shows in history have recieved a second series, sometimes for the oddest of reasons... Hell for all we know NBC may well have signed a deal with Ford for a multiple series based contract!

Bottom line is we will never know.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:44 pm

chrisjones wrote:To be honest speculating either way is probably a total waste of time. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC have already decided the fate of the show.
Some of the crappiest TV shows in history have recieved a second series, sometimes for the oddest of reasons... Hell for all we know NBC may well have signed a deal with Ford for a multiple series based contract!

Bottom line is we will never know.
Well, we'll definitely know when the next season rolls around. Which is entirely too long a wait, in my opinion.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:18 pm

IMHO it's cruel the way this works, it's like torture to a KR fan.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:56 pm

whet wrote:IMHO it's cruel the way this works, it's like torture to a KR fan.
The reason the networks keep quiet is b/c it clouds peoples minds and gives a sense of false hope. Fans start rationalizing that its going to get renewed and don't start a campaign to save the show. Then when the fall season is announced its too late. As of yet I don't see NBC doing anything to save this show, they aren't acting in a manner which suggests that its going to get renewed. I haven't seen any marketing, promotion, other than the usual next week preview clip and behind the scenes clips that are surreptitiously placed on youtube and aren't getting many hits. NBC is behaving the same way they did when Bionic Woman was going through this. IMO if you're a fan of this show and you really want it to get renewed then you should operate under the assumption that its canceled already and go forward right now with a major campaign to save the show. Good luck.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:22 am

If we get a second season, I will celebrate with friends and send a big thank u email for NBC.
and if I may be a bit grady, I hope we get all 22 episods :wink: :kitt:

devox
Volunteer

Post by devox » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 am

I think there will be a second season and hopefully a few more. For starters why kill off characters if they dont intend to make another season? They may aswell kept all the characters for the remaining 4 or 5 episodes if they aint gonna make season 2. And why would they re arrange the episode order? All signs are pointing to a second season me thinks and i really do hope they make it coz its a dam good show. And i think a big thank you to NBC and the writers for bringing back KITT to our screens. As for KARR i think he will be back coz Mike didnt search or pick up the original AI chip out of KITT so the door is left wide open for the return of KARR at some point.And who knows, maybe the Hoff will be back...! Keep on rolling KITT we love ya!