Donating to the Children's Mircale Network for the Festival

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Donating to the Children's Mircale Network for the Festival

Post by neps » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:48 pm

All,

Not only does the Knight Rider Festival that is happening in March have a great chance to be an amazing event, it also has the chance for Knight Rider fans around the world to help make a difference in peoples lives.

While the event itself is free, they are asking for donations that will go directly to the Children's Mircale Network.

I was thinking it might be interesting if we used the power of KRO and pooled our resources together and presented them with one large amount. This way even people that aren't going could still participate. I thought that maybe the easiest way would be to set up a donation page on KRO and use Paypal to collect the money (even a dollar helps a child, right?). Paypal is very respected and trusted, so you should feel confident that your money was being used for the Charity and nothing else.

I'm attending the event (along with countless others) and I would present a check in front of everyone for the total amount at the VIP party on Friday night - in front of many guest including one Mr. Glen A. Larson.

What does everyone think of this idea? Has anyone done anything like this before?

More info:
http://knightriderfestival.com/KnightRi ... harity.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Offical letter from Children's Miracle Network
http://knightriderfestival.com/KnightRi ... terCMN.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: Donating to the Children's Mircale Network for the Festival

Post by Knight007 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:58 pm

One man can make a difference. i cant think of a better way to make it reall :kitt:

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Ive wasted alot of time trying to get some response out there, Im glad you are respected enough to get the
interest rolling Neil.
But no matter Thank God the idea is getting some traction.
Bless you Neil for getting behind this, because Im feeling a little like the Rodney Dangerfield of Knight Rider.
I tell ya-everytime I post something here I swear I can hear crickets in the background. ba-dum-pa-ump (LOL)
Dave Doggett.

Im outta here!!!! :kittspin:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:12 am

Showpro1 wrote:Ive wasted alot of time trying to get some response out there, Im glad you are respected enough to get the
interest rolling Neil.
But no matter Thank God the idea is getting some traction.
Bless you Neil for getting behind this, because Im feeling a little like the Rodney Dangerfield of Knight Rider.
I tell ya-everytime I post something here I swear I can hear crickets in the background. ba-dum-pa-ump (LOL)
Dave Doggett.

Im outta here!!!! :kittspin:
- Dave, no amount of effort is wasted if you have passion enough to make it in the first place. It takes real integrity and stength to be one voice trying to be heard in a sea of other discussions but if your one voice speaks louder than the other voices around you, that's how you gather focus. This is not because you shout or voice disapproval with someone's efforts (or lack of) but simply because you never give up trying...sooner or later someone notices what you're doing and your one voice becomes two, then three, and so on.

Figuratively speaking, don't throw in the towel too soon. There's still a lot of time left in the match and as Rocky Balboa would say, "I ain't heard no bell."

You have passion and you have heart my friend but one thing you must not lose sight of is hope. In these economic hardships, everyone is struggling to make ends meet. Trust in people to do what they can in whatever ways they can manage it. If they try no matter what methods they offer to help, that's what makes all the difference.

=VK=
:dash:

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:16 am

Victor;
Of course your right I should remember that there are countless others that are just as excited about this
worthwhile event.
It is a matter of great pride that Las Vegas will be welcoming us as Knight Rider fans and will be our chance to shine.
I would encourage everyone out there to go to the official website and see the itinerary for Knight Rider Fest and the confirmed guests, etc...
http://www.knightriderfestival.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a wealth of information and in my humble oppinion is very cool stuff.
As a fan it seems to me it doesnt get much better than this.
God bless everyone,

Dave Doggett. :kitt2: :dash:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:39 am

Let me know the paypal to send a donation. Since I'm not going to be able to make it, I will throw in some money!
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:42 pm

We've put live our effort to rally the community to donate to this cause.

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2009/ ... networ.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://knightrideronline.com/events/kni ... donate.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please let me know if you see anything wrong, have any questions or have any trouble donating!

Thanks!