Super Bowl Commercial??? I know this is pushing it but.....

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Super Bowl Commercial??? I know this is pushing it but.....

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:44 pm

So, anyone seen KR shown in any of the NBC show commercials yet? I haven't.... Several other shows, but no Knight Rider.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Nothing yet. But they have been pimping the crap out of Chuck and Heroes.

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:50 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:So, anyone seen KR shown in any of the NBC show commercials yet? I haven't.... Several other shows, but no Knight Rider.
only heroes and chuck. heroes and chuck. chuck and heroes. and heroes, plus chuck. :evil:

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 pm

They're even doing them for Conan, and he doesn't even need them.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:17 pm

If we dont get one it proves that NBC does'nt want Knight Rider in their future line-up.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:20 pm

weeezl wrote:If we dont get one it proves that NBC does'nt want Knight Rider in their future line-up.
I think it would effectively confirm what everyone's been dreading. At the very least it should convince people who think its going to get renewed that its not going to happen. If you love the show don't wait for anything official from NBC. It looks like they are going to be silent until the fall slate is announced. Start campaigning right now if you want any chance of saving this show. Don't wait.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Even Medium got one..... Then again, looking at the viewer numbers for the previous seasons, no wonder. It has done better than I thought.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:I think it would effectively confirm what everyone's been dreading.
I think everyone is being a little extreme. I didn't see Law & Order, ER, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock or the Biggest Loser advertised. NBC is investing in promoting tomorrows shows because shows like Heroes was a promised savor and it's been failing since the writers strike (like much of TV).

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 pm

I do agree with Neps reply, they are mostly showing tomorrow's lineup. More focused on tomorrow than the rest of the week. It makes me wonder if they advertise any during Tuesday nights for Wednesdays.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:33 pm

neps wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:I think it would effectively confirm what everyone's been dreading.
I think everyone is being a little extreme. I didn't see Law & Order, ER, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock or the Biggest Loser advertised. NBC is investing in promoting tomorrows shows because shows like Heroes was a promised savor and it's been failing since the writers strike (like much of TV).
Anything's possible. But NBC was behaving very shady with Bionic Woman. They made the exact same claims that it wasn't canceled but all promotion for the show stopped and not surprisingly it was missing from the fall slate, no official cancellation was made by the network. Right now you can either view things as half full or half empty. But given NBC's actions regarding Bionic Woman I wouldn't put too much stock in NBC's comments that the show isn't canceled. Rather I would look at what they are doing with regards to KR and in that regard they aren't doing much of anything aside from the usual following week preview clip which appears to be mysteriously shortened lately.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:52 pm

I hate sports and therefore couldn't care less about the Superbowl, but did there turn out to be any commercials at all? I doubt we'll be seeing much more if any by this point in time.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:07 pm

we are really jumping the gun on this one... neps is right... they really only pumped shows on tomorrow night or coming off of hiatus...

we are not going to learn of the fate of our show for a bit i would assume... also, conan does need to get pimped.. he's taking over the tonight show, and they are trying to familiarize an older audience with him... so..

not to mention leno now moving to 10... im really not surprised by this at all... and i really don't think any of us are... it means nothing to me... to me it was more dissappointing that last weeks preview was 3 seconds long.
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Any Idea when we get to know if the Kings of NBC will give a 2nd season for KR??? :kitt:

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:45 pm

honnziva wrote:we are really jumping the gun on this one... neps is right... they really only pumped shows on tomorrow night or coming off of hiatus...

we are not going to learn of the fate of our show for a bit i would assume... also, conan does need to get pimped.. he's taking over the tonight show, and they are trying to familiarize an older audience with him... so..

not to mention leno now moving to 10... im really not surprised by this at all... and i really don't think any of us are... it means nothing to me... to me it was more dissappointing that last weeks preview was 3 seconds long.
I think Hon and Neps are right.
As afraid as I am that things are half empty; I am trying to see them as half full.
And while most NBC shows where for Monday's lineup; I did see one for Leno, Conan, and Medium. Other than that, zilch.
But isn't there blocks where your local station could input local ads? Or is it all NBC during something the Super BOwl?

All I care about right now is the fact my team lost. So yeah go ahead and laugh. And I'll find my remote to KARR> :P
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:54 pm

I was going to say, but Neps beat me. They were promoting the heck out of Monday's Lineup, i did see a commerical for Thursday comedy night.

also the commerical kinda sucked this year, i dont know if yall had the same, but i got a ton of local commericals during the superbowl
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:28 am

Steering off topic just to reply to the last comment:

This Super Bowl experienced a real hardship on selling slates to advertisers. I think just a little over a week ago, NBC still had 43 slates that they couldn't fill with sponsors. I'm really surprised and kind of grateful....I effing hate the over-hype of the NFL :good:

I love the game, but I just hate the thought that people get paid millions to just play a game.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:38 am

neps wrote:
I saw promos or at least characters included in promos for all those shows sans Biggest Loser, hell there was even a promo for the USA Network and their "characters welcome" gimmick. Even the Office, which aired after the Super Bowl had couple. Though they were just advertising it'd be on after the game.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:41 am

Going with the off-topicness... did anyone see the trailor for the new transformers? effing sweet!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:49 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:
I love the game, but I just hate the thought that people get paid millions to just play a game.
Why? It's the players on the team that draw the crowds and make the owners money. The players have a right to make whatever they're worth to a team, that's why they have agents, especially football players since their careers don't last that long so they need to generally make as much money as they can, even if they have have a college education. If the players didn't get their cut then it'd all just go to the owners anyway. Not to mention the overhead players have to pay. It's the same deal with actors, it's silly to call at least some actors "over paid" for similar reasons. Granted not all of them deserve what they make but that's due to their talent or drawing ability, but oh well.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:57 am

PHOENIX.....can't you just let me hate without pointing out a logical reason?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:33 am

I could try but sometimes it's just really really hard. =(

Anyway, tonight was once again very telling on where NBC is going and where their interest lie. All that advertising they did and not so much as a snippet of KR or some other shows. I hope all that promotion fails for all of them, except maybe Chuck.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Going with the off-topicness... did anyone see the trailor for the new transformers? effing sweet!!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13726&p=165806#p165806" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 am

LOL was i the only one to see they did do a promo for knight Rider last night after the game LOL all my other buddies saw a promo for it as well
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:50 am

_K3000_ wrote:LOL was i the only one to see they did do a promo for knight Rider last night after the game LOL all my other buddies saw a promo for it as well
What kind of promo was it?

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:58 am

_K3000_ wrote:LOL was i the only one to see they did do a promo for knight Rider last night after the game LOL all my other buddies saw a promo for it as well
Damn. I missed it. Was it long?