NEW FAN SITE TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NEW FAN SITE TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 am

I have founded FLAG.com the url is http://www.foundationlawandgoverment.com
When its done it will be a fansite/BBS.
Including a link to ask for help with legal or labor problems.
Right now it houses a story about our efforts to save Knight Rider. Including direct links to the 2 KRO letters and the petition.

Any suggestions about what else should be there are wlecome.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Re: NEW FAN SITE TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:54 am

Sounds great Tony! :good:
Was Foundation for Law and Government taken already?
You have foundation law and government
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:42 am

Just playing devils advocate here, but shouldn't we use KRO to mobilize fan support????

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:45 am

Hope this will help in getting the word about KR and more people will watch it :kitt:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:21 am

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Scott here. Why divide up where people are finding support? If you find something lacking here, just let me know and we can work to solve it.

KRO will have more foot traffic then your site for some time, and we should keep everyone organized.

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:08 am

Good going dude lets do all we can to keep the show alive

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 am

I agree that KRO is and should remain the lead site for supporting KR.
This site is not intended to replace KRO or even compete with it.
Put simply: NBC / news needed a direct link toi the story about the fan effort.
This was the easiest way for me to do it.

As I said any input welcome.

and yes foundationforlawandgovernment.com was taken so I dropped the first "n" in government.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:25 pm

I agree with neps and scott here and I also see you point tony so IDK were I really stand but I do like that you linked to KRO in the links at the side and in the main article.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:36 am

We've just put together an official page for KRO to link to (feel free to spread it around)

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue's working on a post for the news area.

Basically I think the tone of this push should be for season 2. Lets not focus on the ratings being bad, or loosing 5 epiosdes. Lets focus on the strengths!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:16 am

Great job, Neil.
Great job too, Tony, for the online petition.

May all of us have what we want by the end of this season. A second season :good:

EDIT:
Neil, the title of that page is being misspelled. It's "campagin" when it should be "campaign".
I noted this when I wanted to share this on Facebook because it shows on the title of the post.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:23 am

Neps, I like the page..Thanks for the mention.
I am working on an amendment to the petition to ask for a second season instead of the 5 episode extention.
Being as they have closed production for the season, I can't see them restarting everything for 5 additional episodes.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks for the catch BlueChaos - I've fixed it.

And thanks for the petition Tony! I was wondering if there was a way you could change the petition to be more focused on the second season, so if you can do that it would be great. I wasn't sure if it was possible to change it once people have voted (since someone more menacing could do a bait and switch)

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Being as Knight Rider is no longer in production, the petitions relief of 5 more epsiodes is unreasonable and unatainable, in my opinion.

Therefore I submmitted a request to ammend the petition:
1. Remove the current relief
2. explaination of amendment.
3. New relief: [NEW: by afixing my signature below, we hereby request that NBC review this petition, and the support it shows and favorably consider renewing Knight Rider for a second season.]
I hope this meets everyones needs. I do not know if the compnay hosting the petiiton will aloow the change. They should being as it doesnt change the intent or spirt of the petition.
T
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:24 pm

If anyone hasn't seen Tony's petition was amended to fit the push for the second season instead of 22 episodes so this should help greatly in the push to save the series.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:45 pm

The Amended petition now reads:
To: Angela Bromstad
100 Universal City Plaza
Building 1320E 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608

RE: Knight Rider

We, the undersigned, ask that you reconsider the decision to reduce the number of episodes ordered for Knight Rider.

We feel that Knight Rider was, poorly received, partially due to the misrepresentations of the series to the viewing audience; however steps are being taken to correct these issues and increase the viewing audience and fan base of the series. We believe reducing the number of show from 22 to 17 will not allow the series a fair and reasonable opportunity to recover from failing ratings. It is our concern that this may cause a premature cancellation of the series, without giving the series a full and fair opportunity to fully recover.

Although The Nielsen system is outdated, and does not fairly represent the amount of people watching. We understand it is the industry standard for obtaining viewer interest in a particular television show. It is our sincerest hope that this petition will represent to you the commitment of the public in support of Knight Rider as a series.

NBC obviously believed in Knight Rider enough to order all 22 episodes. The series can be a viable resource for NBC if you allow the series to reboot and follow the path set in the 2008 movie. It is our belief that NBC has invested a considerable amount of capitol into producing the show, set cost, prop costs, salaries. Knight Rider is a viable product, if produced, marketed and delivered properly. We ask NBC to not allow a slow start and a poor economy cause a hasty decision that in the end will cost NBC money and viewers.

[Amendment to petition to save Knight Rider January 30, 2009.
The intent of this petition shall remain unchanged by this amendment; as the intention of this petition was to intercede prior to the cancellation of the TV series Knight Rider.

At the time this petition was originally authored Knight Rider was still in production. To expect NBC recommence filming on a show that has closed for the season would be an unreasonable request and un obtainble.

Therefore following the original spirt and intent of the petition, we hereby amend the relief sought in the petition to read:]

[NEW: By affixing my signature below, I would respectfully ask NBC to review this petition, the support it shows, and consider favorably the renewal Knight Rider for a second season.]

I hope the change is acceptable to everyone.

It is my sincerest hope this petition helps use achive a second season of Knight Rider.
My thanks to Sue and Neps, on the great team work
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!