can someone confirm this... second season?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: can someone confirm this... second season?

Post by Kaine » Tue May 19, 2009 6:32 am

i agree! it seems GST wanted to do a show about "Fast and Furious" meets "CSI" and that's what he did.
the government connection, the big ensemble cast, knight research with a snake(!) logo, the new attack mode (or drag mode which would be more fitting)... i could go on with this list for hours... nearly EVERY change GST did from the pilot was for the worse!
don't get me wrong: the pilot was far from perfect, the writers strike took its toll and the small budget didn't help either. still the feeling was right and it was Knigh Rider in tone... with more car stunts and scenes this would have been a winner! building a show on that would have been the right decision.

maybe the only good things that came from the series were:
-Turbo boost, though i'm sure this was a no-brainer for whomever would take over the series
- Mike Knight, renaming Treceur to Knight was definately a good idea, though it was redicolous that in about 60% of the episodes some old friend or army buddy found Mike and asked him for help! why change the name and fake death in the first place, when anybody can still find him and knows who he is?

anyway, let's all hope we'll get a second season, maybe helmed by Andron who did a good job on the pilot.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 am

Kaine wrote: - Mike Knight, renaming Treceur to Knight was definately a good idea, though it was redicolous that in about 60% of the episodes some old friend or army buddy found Mike and asked him for help! why change the name and fake death in the first place, when anybody can still find him and knows who he is?
Now you mention it... that is a very good point! It is sort of obvious, but still... totally true. TOS was totally different in that respect as Mike sr. was reminded millions of times that "2 years ago there was no Michael Knight", for crying out loud he even hid is identity from Stephanie Mason. Good point Kaine.

Still... I say come on season 2... powered by Andron!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

chiefsfankc
Volunteer

Post by chiefsfankc » Tue May 19, 2009 1:32 pm

I just saw TV by the Numbers and there is no Knight Rider on it.....

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm

It's over guys. NBC announced the fall lineup and KR is not included. gave over for all of us :x

Image :kitt:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue May 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
Kaine wrote: - Mike Knight, renaming Treceur to Knight was definately a good idea, though it was redicolous that in about 60% of the episodes some old friend or army buddy found Mike and asked him for help! why change the name and fake death in the first place, when anybody can still find him and knows who he is?
Now you mention it... that is a very good point! It is sort of obvious, but still... totally true. TOS was totally different in that respect as Mike sr. was reminded millions of times that "2 years ago there was no Michael Knight", for crying out loud he even hid is identity from Stephanie Mason. Good point Kaine.

Still... I say come on season 2... powered by Andron!
i know right?! i was thinking about that. they didn't even change his face after his death was faked. we got this dead guy runnin around with a different name but same face. everyone seems to know him still. they didn't seem to mind that he was dead.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;