Noticing the streams.....

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Noticing the streams.....

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Happen to stumble upon these......

Seams as if KR is more watched online....

http://www.appscout.com/2009/01/nbccom_ ... king_1.php

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/? ... _aid=99294
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: Noticing the streams.....

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Happen to stumble upon these......

Seams as if KR is more watched online....

http://www.appscout.com/2009/01/nbccom_ ... king_1.php

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/? ... _aid=99294
Hope NBC takes notice of this and thus decides to renew the show...

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:03 pm

I've decided that having Internet at home is more important than cable or satellite TV. And since I can't pick up NBC on my antenna, I've chosen to watch it over Hulu instead of NBC.com. This way I can stream it to my Xbox 360. If NBC had offered a way to stream Knight Rider off NBC.com onto my Xbox, then I would have chose that instead. Hopefully they're looking at all sources of shows & not just cable, satellite & antenna. You can even _purchase_ new episodes of Knight Rider on Xbox Live Marketplace, but I don't want to pay for it.

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm sure they check hulu, since it is a joint venture between NBC and FOX
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 pm

honnziva wrote:I'm sure they check hulu, since it is a joint venture between NBC and FOX
Really? Wow one does learn something new every day...

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Ya but Hulu is only for the US so all the people outside the US that can't watch KR on TV can't watch it on Hulu either.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:50 pm

there are other places that stream it where people outside the U.S. can view it though. Project free tv for example a personal favourite of mine good for almost any show. Its reasonable quality not great but atleast you get to see the shows that you enjoy even when they are not being broadcast and it has a great back catalogue of shows that aren't on anymore.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:35 pm

I wasn't saying that their aren't any other places to find it I was just saying that yes NBC might take Hulu into consideration but people outside the US still can't watch KR on Hulu. I guess I didn't make that clear sorry.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:07 pm

t.b.77b wrote:I wasn't saying that their aren't any other places to find it I was just saying that yes NBC might take Hulu into consideration but people outside the US still can't watch KR on Hulu. I guess I didn't make that clear sorry.
And thus cannot be counted but I think they would not consider people outside the US and it's territories anyway when counting the ratings of their streaming media anyway...

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:27 pm

I see your point but I think that KRO is split on the view of who should be counted. I don't know what to think. Some people like you said think that people outside the US shouldn't be counted because it isn't being aired there but others like stated in the letters to NBC's topics think that showing that people outside the US like the show and would do anything to see it could be good for the shows chances for renewal. So thats what I was saying that Hulu can't show that we have support outside the US.

I'm sorry if I have misinterpreted your post in any way. I am not very good sometimes at saying what I am thinking and I apologize for this.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:32 pm

I've never been able to figure out why they don't have an overseas online channel. They could stream all their shows on the Net use advertising to pay for an support it and use advertisers from each country. That way they get Global coverage millions returned in revenue more acurate viewing figures and the audience gets to choose when to watch it. Plus if they put the ads into the streaming vid as well as on the site they get more ad views.

It would be great for a network like NBC to make that leap as TV is a dying medium I'd give it 10 -15 years before TV is gone and is replaced by Net viewing.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Because there are significant legal, contractual and financial issues with doing something like that.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:43 pm

I know there would be bumps along the way but Google are international and they seem to be doing fine. Ofcourse there are things that they would legally have to work out but the outcome would be more than beneficial to their company.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 pm

cazman101 wrote:I've never been able to figure out why they don't have an overseas online channel. They could stream all their shows on the Net use advertising to pay for an support it and use advertisers from each country. That way they get Global coverage millions returned in revenue more acurate viewing figures and the audience gets to choose when to watch it. Plus if they put the ads into the streaming vid as well as on the site they get more ad views.

It would be great for a network like NBC to make that leap as TV is a dying medium I'd give it 10 -15 years before TV is gone and is replaced by Net viewing.
TV gone? Not likely not now that it has gone and is going entirely digital but it will be indistinguishable from the net at that point also. After all Digital satellite receivers are basically computers that decompress digitally streamed video and audio...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:53 am

Did you notice this "Top 5 shows by full episode streams are "Heroes," "The Office," SNL," "Knight Rider," and "Lipstick Jungle."
hay, big guys in NBC, are listining? wake up please and see what you got. KR is a big hit. GST please dont spoil it again :kitt: :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:52 am

You certainly do love to post.....
cazman101 wrote:I know there would be bumps along the way but Google are international and they seem to be doing fine. Ofcourse there are things that they would legally have to work out but the outcome would be more than beneficial to their company.
Google is primarily a search engine, who's entire business is on the internet, they also have agreements with countries all over the world and do business differently in many of them, Youtube isn't a TV network. There are good reasons why NBC/Hulu and many other US or other companies that legally stream TV shows and movies video are restricted to their own country. A big one is of course, money. NBC would make nothing and probably actually lose money if they allowed streaming from all over the world unless they made a huge increase in the advertisements shown and even then they would either need to be location based from detecting your location or go to a subscription format while still probably having limited commercials. You know, I'd bet they would love to boast "one billion online viewers" but advertisers aren't going to buy into that kind of hype when they find out that only a fraction of them can actually buy why they want to sell.

Then there's the whole issue of selling shows to other networks which is where a lot of money is, streaming online for all to see would basically kill that and piss off those countries and networks. There really is good reason they DON'T allow viewing outside the US and why iTunes and other site are set up how they are.

I could go on about even more problems with it but it's very very late.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: