Do you think Kitt looks better in normal mode?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Re: Do you think Kitt looks better in normal mode?

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:07 am

It does look like a tank, yeah - it is kinda cool and it has really grown on me since I first saw it. They removed a lot of the ground effects and neon lighting, and I think it really works a lot better without it. The side intakes on the series attack mode were done a hell of a lot better than the pilot, in my opinion...

I really like the angular hood in Attack Mode, and the spokeless rims. Think the side exhaust is pretty cool too, especially after seeing the police chase turbo boost. Love the mirrors, as long as they don't have the lights on. The headlight "stripes" also work for me. I could do without the huge wing, though, and the holes in the front ground skirt. The extra intake on the rear window is a little too much, as well, although it'd be cool if the window covered over in Attack Mode.

I dunno - I used to hate the thing, but it has grown on me. It is a bit tank-like, a little brutish, because of the hood and the wider stance (and the wheels), and I like that.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:16 am

I'm going to have to agree with just about everyone in this topic, normal mode LOOKS better...

Attack mode looks like it should be a lot faster in a logical way (due to features such as the scoop in the front and the wind resistant tires amongs others), compared to Super Pursuit mode from the original show, which just simply looks stupid if you ask me.

So keep it in the show (if the show continues) but use it only in scenes where it's needed (basically pursuit scenes).

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:36 am

Iwas right in the middle of doing another manip of the car from another angle to give another view of it and my computer crashed and like the plumb that i am i didn't do a mid point save I might make another go at it again but not till the weekend now . Cursed machine of mine.

knight56
Rookie

Post by knight56 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 am

attack mode what is good for? If Michael and kitt had to go a few blocks to stop a bad guy should it go into attack mode for that?

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:28 pm

i've done it and it didn't crash this time.
Heres my manip from the closer front view so you can see how the welded eyebrows would work .