Do you think Kitt looks better in normal mode?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cazman101
Rookie

Re: Do you think Kitt looks better in normal mode?

Post by cazman101 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 pm

this is how i like it. If it look like that all the time I would be happier with its apearance. Its moded up enough to be a knight industries car but not so hot-rod looking like the attack mode again i'd get rid of that second spoiler on the back end and the grill on the front makes it look tougher than the weak looking mesh on the front just keep the car like that without any transforming.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Agreed, normal mode is much much better than Attack mode. however, I think i will like the attack mode from the pilot movie more if it were to be used here :kitt:

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 pm

cazman101 wrote:this is how i like it. If it look like that all the time I would be happier with its apearance. Its moded up enough to be a knight industries car but not so hot-rod looking like the attack mode again i'd get rid of that second spoiler on the back end and the grill on the front makes it look tougher than the weak looking mesh on the front just keep the car like that without any transforming.

Agreed that looks the best, not to agressive but still makes a statement not to mess with him...

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:10 am

Ontario Knight wrote:
cazman101 wrote:this is how i like it. If it look like that all the time I would be happier with its apearance. Its moded up enough to be a knight industries car but not so hot-rod looking like the attack mode again i'd get rid of that second spoiler on the back end and the grill on the front makes it look tougher than the weak looking mesh on the front just keep the car like that without any transforming.

Agreed that looks the best, not to agressive but still makes a statement not to mess with him...
I can't see the pic...

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:49 am

i like the normal mode, i also like the attack mode from the pilot episode, much nicer looking than the currant attack mode.
in glen larson we trust.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
Ontario Knight wrote:

I can't see the pic...

Thats odd... Here try using this link see if you can see that pic

http://image.mustangandfords.com/f/ford ... ustang.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:48 pm

K.I3.T. & K.I.2.T. both look better in their "normal modes" there never really should have been any transformations period in my opinion from both series. I mean the gimmicks for the transformations were good while they lasted, but got a little repeditive.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:09 pm

The pilot attack mode was not as bad as the one from the series, it had some good aspects like black rims and all black glossy paintjob.

But I don't like the body kit, it looks so blocky, especially at the back. The black front grill looks cheap, the air intakes on the side look out of place and the double wing is... ugly.

My ideal KITT would be a mix between normal mode and pilot attack mode, and then no transformation, just one version.
But like I said before, if I would have to choose between the three that were shown on the show, it's definetly the normal mode.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Normal mode looks SO much better.
Attack mode makes the Mustang look like it's made out of plastic. Even the scoops on the hood.
(Edit: Especially the scoops on the hood!) :lol:

On a side note, I never noticed that the pilot 'attack mode' had no racing stripes. Thats cool!
Last edited by taoworm2323 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Normal mode looks SO much better.
Attack mode makes the Mustang look like it's made out of plastic. Even the scoops on the hood.
(Edit: Especially the scoops on the hood!) :lol:
I've never heard it compared to plastic but your right it does look like plastic. LOL!
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 pm

cazman101 wrote:Thats odd... Here try using this link see if you can see that pic

http://image.mustangandfords.com/f/ford ... ustang.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Okay, I can see it now. And I agree with you, this does look a lot better. ^_^

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Ok i've looked at what some peoplehave said and thought i'd do a quick manip.
so I've eliminated the second spoiler and raised the other one slightly, Removed the side vent to makes it look more streamlined, Filled in the gaps in the headlight eyebrows,removed the little spotlights from the bottom of the bumper and removed the little blemish in the scanner on the right hand side.

do you think it looks better like this.

Last edited by cazman101 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm

cazman101 wrote:Ok i've looked at what some peoplehave said and thought i'd do a quick manip.
so I've eliminated the second spoiler and raised the other one slightly, Removed the side vent to makes it look more streamlined, Filled in the gaps in the headlight eyebrows and removed the little blemish in the scanner on the right hand side.

...I can't se the pic.

Is it just me?

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:19 pm

i don't know why, you should be able to see it but while you were posting i made a quike edit to the pic anyway and took out the spotlights.

Ferinus
Stranger

Post by Ferinus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:26 pm

Imho, the normal mode is better.
I really like the shelby GT500. Unfortunately, here in Italy Mustangs are very rare, 'cause ford not sell directly in europe this car (maybe a fortune, here the gasoline's cost is insane: over 5 dollars per gallon).

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Im just getting the photobucket response that it's been moved or deleted.

Knight_uk
Volunteer

Post by Knight_uk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 pm

cazman101 wrote:Ok i've looked at what some people have said and thought i'd do a quick manip.
so I've eliminated the second spoiler and raised the other one slightly, Removed the side vent to makes it look more streamlined, Filled in the gaps in the headlight eyebrows,removed the little spotlights from the bottom of the bumper and removed the little blemish in the scanner on the right hand side.

I like normal mode and the above picture best but with the spotlights back in. IMHO it should always have black wheels and smoked rear lights no matter what mode KITT is in.
MK: All these buttons and gadgets and there's no radio?
K.I.T.T.: What would you like to hear?

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
cazman101 wrote:Ok i've looked at what some peoplehave said and thought i'd do a quick manip.
so I've eliminated the second spoiler and raised the other one slightly, Removed the side vent to makes it look more streamlined, Filled in the gaps in the headlight eyebrows and removed the little blemish in the scanner on the right hand side.

...I can't se the pic.

Is it just me?
I can see all of the other pics but I can't see it in your quote that has the photobucket message as said above.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 pm

my reasoning for removing the spotlights was that if you were going to drive this through a wall it'd probably be best to limit the amount of glass on the front end both from a Knight rider POV and saving breakages on a stunt car POV.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

I deleted that image when i made the edit Sorry.

Knight_uk
Volunteer

Post by Knight_uk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:43 pm

cazman101 wrote:my reasoning for removing the spotlights was that if you were going to drive this through a wall it'd probably be best to limit the amount of glass on the front end both from a Knight rider POV and saving breakages on a stunt car POV.
Yeah I suppose your right, hell this KITT can morph some spotlights when he needs extra light. Maybe they could have installed some sort of slide over headlight covers or smoke the glass on those too? :lol:

IMO the whole car should be as black as possible and have no badging at all, except maybe a very small Knight logo (the chess piece). :good:
MK: All these buttons and gadgets and there's no radio?
K.I.T.T.: What would you like to hear?

coverdale10
Volunteer

Post by coverdale10 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:45 pm

"Normal" KITT is always best.

In the original series and this gawd-awful trainwreck the "super" KITT looks laughable.

If they wanted to do menacing they should've taken a look at the modifed Gazelle helicopter that starred in "Blue Thunder" and used that for inspiration. Or just allowed the Mustang GT500 to be menacing on its own-it does a pretty good job (the same way the Trans Am looked like it going 150 sitting still-even without modification).

I could accept the missteps in the original series because it was a series-long learning curve, but with this new version Glen Larson and the crew had already laid out the groundwork for them 25 years ago. All they had to do
was a mild sprinkling of modernization to bring the new series up to speed (ala Battlestar Galactica).

Sadly the producers mocked the genius that was the original Knight Rider and try to make something cooler, but the public has made it clear that they thought the original was cool, not this new monstrosity.
Last edited by coverdale10 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Image[/quote]
Huh, I never noticed the Cobra Markings. I personally prefer hero mode, but they should show that while Attack Mode does all the cool stuff, so can hero mode.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:36 am

Heyyyyy, Cazman....I really like your photoshopped version of pilot Attack Mode! I do honestly like the idea of side intakes, but yeah, in the pilot version they didn't really flow well with the car. Your car looks very good without the intakes, if maybe a little plain on the sides.

Your headlights, though, are totally win. Completely awesome. I'd never thought of seeing KI3T like that, but now that I've seen it, I want it. Great idea, excellent execution on your part.

My only concern is that although it looks really good from that angle, it probably wouldn't work for the actual car because of the placement of the "eyebrows". Your change would require a custom body kit for the hood and the sides of the car, which is a real shame because it looks so cool. (But maybe I'm wrong, I don't know - I'd have to see a strict side view of the car.)

The removal of the tiny spotlights is great as well. I always just accepted them but the car looks a lot cleaner without them.

I would actually love to see the current Normal Mode take some cues from this design, like the headlights and the spotlight-less bumper.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:54 am

I like the Normal Mode and the Attack Mode. I Don't really like the Pilot Attack Mode. I much more prefer the Series one. So Bulk, like a tank. its cool except for those dots of lights on the bumper and mirrors. Other than that i like it alot. Image