NBC Commericals

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

NBC Commericals

Post by GT500KR » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:37 pm

No-one really has answered this question

People say NBC isnt promoting Knight Rider much by commericals. I dont watch much NBC programming. How much promoting do they do for the other NBC programs?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Lexicon
Operative

Re: NBC Commericals

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:34 pm

I haven't seen a single Knight Rider commercial apart from what aired with the telefilm. As far as their other shows go, they heavily promote The Office and the Law and Order shows along with their reality TV lineup. I never ever see anything for Knight Rider except the pre-show commercial that says the show is coming up next.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:37 pm

I was watching one of my KR DVD's at lunch at work yesterday, and some of my co-workers commented to me about KR being cancelled. I kept having to tell everyone that it was just on hiatus and that it is back and better than ever.

I felt like I was doing a running commercial for the show...Where is NBC on this.

My co-workers want to watch but seem to believe that it is gone and NBC is not proving them wrong!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:36 am

well i have to say in the beginning before the series aired nbc advertised the hell out of the show, they even had full sized posters up in the movie theatres, nbc defanitely did a good job at advertising the show, but i think nbc lost faith in the show because of low ratings and a lot of negative press and they dont advertise much anymore, why else would they stop advertising. it could also be because the show is coming to an end after this season.
in glen larson we trust.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 am

i think the obama commerical crap what hurt KR in ratings, according to neps graph in another post, had like 7 million before obama, then after obama 4-5million per episode
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:51 am

It's time to push the promoting again. This KR has the most potential out of any of the recent attempts (KR2000,KR2010,and TKR). At least do some billboards! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:15 am

they had a major billboard up in times square but that was at the beginning of the season
~Jay Leno

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am

More bad news: I'm in Idaho right now, and looking at the schedule for the week on the Dish Network, NBC has something scheduled in place of Knight Rider called St. Jude. But Knight Rider does play later....on Thursday morning at 3:30am!

There goes another chunk of viewers gone.....Boise is doing something local over here.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:31 am

just posted an email to KTVB channel 7 in Boise. It goes as follows:

It would be thoughtful if your local channel had considered the audience who watches Knight Rider on Wednesdays to be notified that you intend to replace that program with some cancer benefit. Putting the show on the air at 3:00AM is absolutely ridiculous! Doesn't the NBC network encourage their programs be seen at a decent hour, or do you know that the show is going to be canceled? If you don't know, I suggest posting an apology on the air, and also considering a time slot for Knight Rider to be viewed at a more appropriate hour during this next coming weekend.

Irate at Boise's worthless channel 7

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:04 am

St.Jude? Sounds like a fundraiser.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 am

ppl forgive me for saying this.....but NBC in my view has had enuff of the negative publicity with knight rider...i mean wherever i go where theres anything about knight rider i get negative comments demoralising the hell outta me...i mean IGN has quoted knight rider being "escapist nonsense" and giving its episodes 6.5/10 at the max.....they say the show is cheesy and want it to be cancelled......in the fight of media publicity and fans the media will alway wins cse of them have a good forum to voice their views.plus a casual viewer wil always check reviews then watch the show...in this case if NBC does not advertise the reboot then i think its a lost cause....im loosing faith because NBC seems to have already lost it...no advertising is a very bad sign.....plus i hate them even more because heroes isnt doing good hasnt done well since season 2....but they are getting a retooling and more funds...when will NBC realise that the time for heroes is passed....can it and go forward with projects like KR which actually need funds. but so far unless the reboot does sum acceptable ratiungs changes...i have little faith that nbc will renew it....i personally thaught that the last 4 eps were brilliant....yes disappointed about the "guest appearance" of KARR.....but other than that very decent and less stupid dialogues. it deserves a chance.
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:38 am

Then ronni3 it's time for us, the fans to be louder than those against it.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:54 am

i totally agree sky blue......the question is how?
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:14 am

I think NBC should just selll Knight Rider to another popular American TV channel. It would probably be best for Knight Rider and NBC. Also i read somewhere that there were two shows which NBC droped in the first season, and fox i think bought them. Now they are a huge sucess. Hopefuly the same happens to Knight Rider.

How they promoted KR back then. :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7jwADmYwjaY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=orCQE1RKZEU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - this is wicked

NOW :(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dZa6g6ic3ho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - not great.
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:19 am

I'm looking at a lot of the commercials for the pilot movie on youtube, and KITT seemed to have more of an attitude than he does now. What happened to him?

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:34 am

(copied this from another post I made, but it seems to fit in here)

It's worth noting as well that while a lot of people are bad-mouthing NBC, that according to the UK's SCI-FI NOW magazine UK Knight Rider had one of the most successful pre-transmission advertising campaign ever! That meant more people knew about it and more people know what to expect than other shows in history.... but what happened? 7 million. Then 5. Simple fact is, NBC advertised the life outta the show, people just didn't want to tune in and I believe that's because of the direction it was going in, or because it looked nothing like a show they wanted to watch. If it had have been more like the original in tone and direction (I'm not saying copying it, but a more family show with more fleshed out characters, a smaller core cast, helping the innocent, and having KITT as a bloomin' main character at the beginning) I'm sure they would have. You can't blame NBC for not wanting to throw loads more money behind advertising now with the fall in audience without it proving itself even a little. If it keeps a 5+ million audience that doesn't decrease in the face of stiff new competition that might be the start. Bring back a season two with it being the proper "Knight Rider" NBC have wanted all along (referring to the GST interview in UK mag SFX) and you'll see NBC right behind it. They want to be, but they wanted proper KR, and what was delivered wasn't. They could see it was going the wrong way and they've forced this reboot through. I say good for them!
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:35 am

Lynda414 wrote:I'm looking at a lot of the commercials for the pilot movie on youtube, and KITT seemed to have more of an attitude than he does now. What happened to him?

Quite a few of those commercials were done with three different actors as KITT and slightly different lines so it may be coming across differently. I don't really see much if any difference between the way Val Kilmer read KITT in the telefilm and the way he is played in the show.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:40 am

Lexicon wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:I'm looking at a lot of the commercials for the pilot movie on youtube, and KITT seemed to have more of an attitude than he does now. What happened to him?

Quite a few of those commercials were done with three different actors as KITT and slightly different lines so it may be coming across differently. I don't really see much if any difference between the way Val Kilmer read KITT in the telefilm and the way he is played in the show.
Could be... But I think I like the way he sounded in the commercials more. >_<

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:57 am

Lynda414 wrote:
Lexicon wrote:

Could be... But I think I like the way he sounded in the commercials more. >_<
I really liked the aggressive sounding KITT that nobody can identify. That one sounded...well...cool. I'm getting used to Kilmer as KITT though.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:58 am

I saw a promo for this week's KR during the Knight's Templar mini series that was on last night.

First ad I've seen in a while.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Lexicon wrote:I really liked the aggressive sounding KITT that nobody can identify. That one sounded...well...cool. I'm getting used to Kilmer as KITT though.
I think I've decided that's how my KITT sounds. My KITT does tend to be a bit more aggressive.

Val Kilmer works for KI3T. He has his own charms.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Keep us posted on what happens with the Idaho channel KnightINSTINCT I would like to know what happens.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 pm

ronni3 wrote:i totally agree sky blue......the question is how?
We give out a good word as much as we can...and we write as much as we can to NBC. :)
Petition #9

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 am

Oops, in my post above I only meant to say that SciFi Now is a UK magazine, didn't mean to put a "UK" in front of Knight Rider. After all, we haven't had the series yet. So yeah, just meant that apparently this new series had the most successful pre-launch advertising campaign.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:04 am

They must be reallu stupid people in NBC. They start a project and then they dont back it up with commercials.
and the show show grow and have more people inspite of that. I mean come on!!!!!!!! :twisted:
:kittconv: