My thinking of Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

My thinking of Knight Rider

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Most of us have seen the original KR before this new KR was ever on.

I was over at NBC and checking out the "Knight Writers" blog and someone asked "Who is Wilton Knight?" I realized there is a whole new generation that never seen the original and they enjoy this present show. Especially with the recent episode with KARR, the newbs probably never heard of KARR before except the mentioning of KARR in previous episodes. They probably didnt understand the FLAG statements.

I thought the CGI was excellent for KARR. I hate when people said the the KARR CGI was unrealistic especially during the masterkey chat when they were there. Lets see you build a 18 foot robot that transforms out of a mustang. That would cost MUCH MUCH MUCH more than making the CGI creation of KARR.

I know the battle was short for us "oldies" since we wanted more KARR, and wanted to know if there is a connection. the newbs wouldnt understand the connection if they never saw the original.

I dont think NBC made Knight Rider to be an award winner. Which i think award shows are stupid anyway.

We can always do the "Would of, could of, should of" statements to "improve" Knight Rider, but its hard to realize that this is the best version of Knight Rider we are getting now, its def. way better than Team Knight Rider back in the 90's.

We could blame GST, the writers, masterkeyfilms, etc... about the show. But they dont have the final say its NBC. GST said once, i believe, "I wanted a more darker scene about mike's past" then he said something like "NBC didnt want a dark show" I think GST is trying to do his best of what has been put in front of him.

In my opinion, i think Knight Rider has made some good leaps to improve this show since episode 1.

Its hard that NBC and Knight Rider go up against, "popular" shows that have been on for awhile, for example: Bones, American Idol, and some CBS shows.

Usually some shows 1st season arent really that good but if it gets a second season, the season could be better with the addition of more $$ into their budget.

We hear all the rumors that Knight Rider is cancelled, NBC wanted the reboot but GST didnt, etc...but after having the live video chat with Masterkeyfilms, they said most luckily Knight Rider wouldnt be evaluated till April or May if we dont hear anything from now till then :!:

We cant compared this Knight Rider to the original Knight Rider because it has been 25 years later, and the TV business with editing and producing are far more superior than it has ever been.

Its not 1982 anymore

We have a common bond with those who are newbs or "oldies" that enjoy the show.
We like/love Knight Rider :good:

I hope we get to do the live chat again with MasterKey, that was fun..........How about a live chat with GST or maybe Justin Bruening :lol:

:kitt: Knight Rider on Wednesday nights are better than no Knight Rider. :kittside:
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: My thinking of Knight Rider

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:16 pm

If anyone is asking who ____ is that's the fault of the writers of this new series giving ZERO back story or info on the history of well, anything. I could write more and might later but I can't right now, I gotta go.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:12 am

GT500KR wrote:Most of us have seen the original KR before this new KR was ever on.

I was over at NBC and checking out the "Knight Writers" blog and someone asked "Who is Wilton Knight?" I realized there is a whole new generation that never seen the original and they enjoy this present show. Especially with the recent episode with KARR, the newbs probably never heard of KARR before except the mentioning of KARR in previous episodes. They probably didnt understand the FLAG statements.

I thought the CGI was excellent for KARR. I hate when people said the the KARR CGI was unrealistic especially during the masterkey chat when they were there. Lets see you build a 18 foot robot that transforms out of a mustang. That would cost MUCH MUCH MUCH more than making the CGI creation of KARR.

I know the battle was short for us "oldies" since we wanted more KARR, and wanted to know if there is a connection. the newbs wouldnt understand the connection if they never saw the original.

I dont think NBC made Knight Rider to be an award winner. Which i think award shows are stupid anyway.

We can always do the "Would of, could of, should of" statements to "improve" Knight Rider, but its hard to realize that this is the best version of Knight Rider we are getting now, its def. way better than Team Knight Rider back in the 90's.

We could blame GST, the writers, masterkeyfilms, etc... about the show. But they dont have the final say its NBC. GST said once, i believe, "I wanted a more darker scene about mike's past" then he said something like "NBC didnt want a dark show" I think GST is trying to do his best of what has been put in front of him.

In my opinion, i think Knight Rider has made some good leaps to improve this show since episode 1.

Its hard that NBC and Knight Rider go up against, "popular" shows that have been on for awhile, for example: Bones, American Idol, and some CBS shows.

Usually some shows 1st season arent really that good but if it gets a second season, the season could be better with the addition of more $$ into their budget.

We hear all the rumors that Knight Rider is cancelled, NBC wanted the reboot but GST didnt, etc...but after having the live video chat with Masterkeyfilms, they said most luckily Knight Rider wouldnt be evaluated till April or May if we dont hear anything from now till then :!:

We cant compared this Knight Rider to the original Knight Rider because it has been 25 years later, and the TV business with editing and producing are far more superior than it has ever been.

Its not 1982 anymore

We have a common bond with those who are newbs or "oldies" that enjoy the show.
We like/love Knight Rider :good:

I hope we get to do the live chat again with MasterKey, that was fun..........How about a live chat with GST or maybe Justin Bruening :lol:

:kitt: Knight Rider on Wednesday nights are better than no Knight Rider. :kittside:
Hey GT500KR,
Right on the money man.
Keep fighting the good fight!
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 am

The whole line of rhetoric "This isn't the 1980s anymore" is getting old. KR08 is a shoddy product. There's no excuse for that. Even the best episodes they've come up with are mediocre.

cdoyle
Volunteer

Post by cdoyle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:The whole line of rhetoric "This isn't the 1980s anymore" is getting old. KR08 is a shoddy product. There's no excuse for that. Even the best episodes they've come up with are mediocre.
That's exactly how I feel, this show had so many opportunities but the writers always seemed to go the opposite direction.

To me the KARR episode was a big let down, we don't even see KARR until the last 14 minutes of the show. There was no development of him at all. All he says is 'KITT MUST DIE', 'IT'S OUR DESTINY' over and over. Then KITT drives through him, and that's that.

The rest of the episode was lame, finding out that a part of KITT was downloaded to some kids XBOX, give me a break.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:35 am

I think their was just an overall lack of planning. Yes graphics and such are better then they have ever been, however you can subsitute graphics for the real thing and expect realism. The turbo boosts look horrible. Their is no subsituite for jumping a car. NO technology in the world can replace that.

The writing for the first episodes were lackluster... The fact that they bring up Wilton Knight at all is amazing to me. That was purely for us old school fans. These writers want us to form an emotional connection with the cast which is why they ignored the main cast member kitt. I assume they thought that connection would be automatic.

This show is for men 18-49 demographic. Men like action, women, cars, and t&a. Well for a man's show were not getting much man stuff.... Yea we got a little t&a but not much action. With the exception of the last couple episodes the chase scenes have been laughable. No sqealing around corners, no cool car crashes
No engine mechanical stuff, nothing no man can sink their teeth around except some pg-13 T&A

They need to take a mustang, strap 5 cameras on it and drive around. stick a camera in a truck infront and a camera behind it, to get some real world driving scenes.

TOS was more action/plot/drama what we get with the new show is drama/drama/drama/plot/action
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:42 am

I quite agree with you GT500.

Yes there is much room for improvement, but really, its not THAT bad, and its one of the few shows that I actually enjoy watching and come back to watch it whenever I have the chance.

The story definitely needs fleshing out, but for me, it seems that with all the big changes happening in the series, for example: the shows getting cut short, NBC not wanting a dark version etc etc, everything changes, and everything has to be reworked. I mean I'm not agreeing with all of GST's moves, but really its not ALL his fault.

it has bene getting better for me though, A LOT better as of late. There were a few eps at the begininng that I really liked Hard Day's Knight being one of them.

I look forward to the next 5 episodes.. and I hope that people will enjoy it enough that there is potential for a 2nd season. I am already prepared for the cancellation, I am almost positive that it will be, but inside, I have that bit of hope. They need a reason to keep going but really, KR shouldn't be that trivial, they have a huge fanbase, and the loyal 4 million a week (though not that large a number) through LOST is still something to be proud of and should mean something. They need to make some quality eps, and do some heavy heavy marketing. The ep quality IS getting much better so it is improving...hopefully that continues and we see more of it in the actual retooled next 5.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:56 am

DevonStyles wrote:I think their was just an overall lack of planning. Yes graphics and such are better then they have ever been, however you can subsitute graphics for the real thing and expect realism. The turbo boosts look horrible. Their is no subsituite for jumping a car. NO technology in the world can replace that.

The writing for the first episodes were lackluster... The fact that they bring up Wilton Knight at all is amazing to me. That was purely for us old school fans. These writers want us to form an emotional connection with the cast which is why they ignored the main cast member kitt. I assume they thought that connection would be automatic.

This show is for men 18-49 demographic. Men like action, women, cars, and t&a. Well for a man's show were not getting much man stuff.... Yea we got a little t&a but not much action. With the exception of the last couple episodes the chase scenes have been laughable. No sqealing around corners, no cool car crashes
No engine mechanical stuff, nothing no man can sink their teeth around except some pg-13 T&A

They need to take a mustang, strap 5 cameras on it and drive around. stick a camera in a truck infront and a camera behind it, to get some real world driving scenes.

TOS was more action/plot/drama what we get with the new show is drama/drama/drama/plot/action
As a man I'm actually offended that they think some T&A will excuse all the flaws with this series. We're slowly becoming the insignificant housewives of the 1950s. Male centric things like KITT peeling out leaving skidmarks and smoke in his wake are being marginalized in favor of showing Sarah kick ass in fights that are implausible in real life. With an eye rolling scene like that its laughable that they're calling this a show targeted at the male demographic.

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:03 pm

I agree completely. And, what's funny to me is, especially with today's fancy CGI, etc. etc. I think (just IMO) that the old 1982 Knight Rider blew this new series away as far as KITT shots (driving scenes, Turbo Boost Scenes, etc. etc.) because it was all done in "real life" there was no CGI, Green Screen, etc. I don't know to me a LOT of the action just pure LOOKS fake (especially the new Turbo Boost, and "driving fast" scenes).
I don't know, I just call it as I personally see it. Sure, others see it as a big leap forward of new technology, that at least "Knight Rider is back on the air" but I don't know. To me, I just want more then seeing Knight Rider "back on the air". Episode excitement (and the last few episodes (NOT including the KITT vs. KARR battle) have been FAR better then anything thus far for the new series. So, let's sit back, and see what will happen.
I still have hope, but it's a much smaller portion of hope that I once had for this show :(