PLEASE! Let it die!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

PLEASE! Let it die!

Post by kitt1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:18 am

I'm sorry, but after seeing last nights episode with KARR, the only humane thing to do would be to PULL THE PLUG.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

KITTRINA
Recruit

Re: PLEASE! Let it die!

Post by KITTRINA » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:43 am

last nights episode was very good. i completely disagree with killing the show. It gets better every week. They are trying to give the fans what we want!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:19 am

There was very little "KITT vs KARR" footage. In fact, as the episode was past the 3/4 point, I actually thought that they were going to make it a 2 part episode. The great thing about the original KARR encounters was that there was back and forth interaction between Michael/KITT and KARR. This KR makes everything look too easy. The best thing about the original KR was that it was one man and his car working with what they had. Yes, KITT was a futuristic car with cool gadgets, but we always pretty much knew his limitations. I don't want my KITT to be a TRANSFORMER. Being able to turn into any car, as long as it's a FORD, possible. I believe that's what killed the show in the 4th season. SUPER PURSUIT was stupid! KITT could already go faster than any other car. It was just a ploy to to cash in on the popularity of the animated TRANSFORMERS. I believe this series also was cashing in on the TRANSFORMERS movie. And people wonder why the ratings for this show are in the toilet.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:43 am

kitt1 wrote:I'm sorry, but after seeing last nights episode with KARR, the only humane thing to do would be to PULL THE PLUG.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Oh come on, I had this opion untill "knight Fever aired" after that it's got better.
Last nights episode was very good.
Sure they could have used Karr more, but still it had feeling and emotion and exsplained what Wilton Knight orignaly wanted the Foundation for.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:51 am

whet wrote:Oh come on, I had this opion untill "knight Fever aired" after that it's got better.
Last nights episode was very good.
Sure they could have used Karr more, but still it had feeling and emotion and exsplained what Wilton Knight orignaly wanted the Foundation for.
Some episodes aren't that bad, "Knight Fever" being one of them. This particular episode wouldn't have been all that bad if IT WASN'T MARKETED AS AN EPIC K.I.T.T. VS. K.A.R.R. BATTLE. There was a lot of exposition and a lot happening story-wise that more or less paved the way for the retooling of the show. But they should have just removed any K.A.R.R. references altogether because this episode failed miserably at executing this overhyped battle. These misleadings and teases are really beginning to kill my enthusiasm for the show.

"Knight To King's YAWN" is more like it...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Here's the thing. The KARR episode was being touted as epic and film quality. The actual fight was well done. Apart from a rogue shot here and there the CG was great. But if that was an indication of them taking the show in another direction, its clear that they still don't get it. They continue to not make KITT and Michael the central focus of the show. Too much time is being spent on Sarah, Billy, and Zoe. The supporting cast should be in and out of the episode once or at most twice taking up no more than 2-3 minutes of screen time. Much of the story, action, and time should be spent on Michael, KITT and the guest star of the week handling the mission. I think if they can't get it right after this many attempts at it, they will never get it. Best to put it to rest.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:Here's the thing. The KARR episode was being touted as epic and film quality. The actual fight was well done. Apart from a rogue shot here and there the CG was great. But if that was an indication of them taking the show in another direction, its clear that they still don't get it. They continue to not make KITT and Michael the central focus of the show. Too much time is being spent on Sarah, Billy, and Zoe. The supporting cast should be in and out of the episode once or at most twice taking up no more than 2-3 minutes of screen time. Much of the story, action, and time should be spent on Michael, KITT and the guest star of the week handling the mission. I think if they can't get it right after this many attempts at it, they will never get it. Best to put it to rest.
To be fair though.. .the "retooling" episodes are pretty muchs tarting next week. Yesterdays episode was the pathway leading up to the retooling. NOW, that Sarah Billy and Zoe are pretty much grounded to FLAG, Mike and KITT are now on the road.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:16 pm

KRShelby has a good point the last 3 episodes were apart of the transformation to the retooling. Before they even reduce or didnt renew the 3 cast members contract, they said KARR would be in episode 13.

Its not 1982 anymore guys. From start to finish last night the episode was good. Yes like everyone else, i thought KARR fight was short........but what are u going to expect with there is a 18foot robot battling a damaged AI KITT? I am glad they didnt have KITT transform into a KARR clone.

People that didnt see the original KR, have no clue about the KARR connection, and probably thought it was a good episode. The thing is, people that complain/nitpick the show are ones who seen the original, cant do exact like what the original, because then that would be pointless. Then the haters would be like "Cant come up with anything original, plug must be pulled now"

Not everyone will be satisfyied, its hard to do a remake/contiuation of a show that happened 25 years ago, lets see u do better.

According to MasterKeyfilm, Nate, said they had a longer KARR scene but NBC edited it down.

I hope we get a second season, because MasterKey wants to do another KARR and KITT battle :good:
Last edited by GT500KR on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:17 pm

oops did a double post
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Lost Knight wrote:This particular episode wouldn't have been all that bad if IT WASN'T MARKETED AS AN EPIC K.I.T.T. VS. K.A.R.R. BATTLE.
Here's the thing... It WASN'T. That was one of the problems, it was barely marketed at all. We the fans took whatever nuggets we could find and ran with wild theories about what the episode would be like. So yes, WE created the hype. Blame us. But I don't think it's fair to judge the episode based upon our expectations.

I DO think it's perfectly OK to be disappointed in the episode. They could have easily (and cheaply) had KARR driving around in Mustang form for most of the hour, then just have the big battle at the end. Judge the show, for better or worse, for what it IS, not what we thought or wanted it to be.
Harsh, but kind of funny :)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:24 pm

I makes me sad to read a subject line like this. This is pretty much our last shot at having KR on screen. If the TV series doesn't succeed, it might threaten the feature film.

Seriously, terrible topic.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:This particular episode wouldn't have been all that bad if IT WASN'T MARKETED AS AN EPIC K.I.T.T. VS. K.A.R.R. BATTLE.
Here's the thing... It WASN'T. That was one of the problems, it was barely marketed at all. We the fans took whatever nuggets we could find and ran with wild theories about what the episode would be like. So yes, WE created the hype. Blame us. But I don't think it's fair to judge the episode based upon our expectations.

I DO think it's perfectly OK to be disappointed in the episode. They could have easily (and cheaply) had KARR driving around in Mustang form for most of the hour, then just have the big battle at the end. Judge the show, for better or worse, for what it IS, not what we thought or wanted it to be.
Harsh, but kind of funny :)

EXTREMELY WELL SAID....i totally agree it did disappooint as to the battle....but livced up as far as story line is concerned.
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

tmtcnya
Volunteer

Post by tmtcnya » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 pm

I do not think this is the last effort for Knight Rider. The show is really good, it just needs a network to stand behind it. If GST were to take this show to another network it just might get what it deserves, attention. Plus look what this show is up against. We are fighting American Idol, Lost, Bones, Dancing With the Stars, all shows that are proven ratings winners. I just think there are many other things that could be done for a ratings boost.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:

Didn't someone from the production claim it was Epic? I could've sworn one of the behind the scenes videos you guys posted contained someone involved with the show saying this.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:
It wasnt? The fans ran with the WILD idea this was going to be KITT vs KARR? Really?.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwnjGSCD ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you call that? Another wild theory by the fans?

"The battle begins".....yeah it begins at 8:58pm and ends at 8:59pm. Sure blame it on the fans INSTEAD OF THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE. I will blame myself for one thing, counting on my WILD THEORY that this was going to be a continuation and an improvment of my favorite childhood tv show. It's over, the show and the franchise is dead. Stop covering for the people in charge.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:36 pm

KRShelby wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:Here's the thing. The KARR episode was being touted as epic and film quality. The actual fight was well done. Apart from a rogue shot here and there the CG was great. But if that was an indication of them taking the show in another direction, its clear that they still don't get it. They continue to not make KITT and Michael the central focus of the show. Too much time is being spent on Sarah, Billy, and Zoe. The supporting cast should be in and out of the episode once or at most twice taking up no more than 2-3 minutes of screen time. Much of the story, action, and time should be spent on Michael, KITT and the guest star of the week handling the mission. I think if they can't get it right after this many attempts at it, they will never get it. Best to put it to rest.
To be fair though.. .the "retooling" episodes are pretty muchs tarting next week. Yesterdays episode was the pathway leading up to the retooling. NOW, that Sarah Billy and Zoe are pretty much grounded to FLAG, Mike and KITT are now on the road.
With each new episode its becoming harder and harder to say that the producers actually get it when they claim they do, ie. the retooling. We'll see if the tide changes next week with the first official episode after the retooling.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
Michael Pajaro wrote:

Didn't someone from the production claim it was Epic? I could've sworn one of the behind the scenes videos you guys posted contained someone involved with the show saying this.
Just said it was epic.

Seeing the masterkey clip that neps posted in the other thread..I'd say, it really could have been. That clip was another minute and half over the minute we got, and hell, that made all the difference for me.

NBC's budget cut is to blame IMO... they've given KR no support, no wonder its dying. Stupid.
Last edited by KRShelby on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:39 pm

then those who think the franchise is dead...dont watch.....ud be a bludy hypocrite if u do.....dun watch it scrap it....but the point of a fan is hanging in the best and worse of moments and thats what we do......

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 pm

ronni3 wrote:then those who think the franchise is dead...dont watch.....ud be a bludy hypocrite if u do.....dun watch it scrap it....but the point of a fan is hanging in the best and worse of moments and thats what we do......
That's true. But the people on the other end need to meet us halfway. I'm not a blind fan. I'm not going to support a subpar product just b/c its called Knight Rider or b/c its the only chance it'll ever be on screen again or b/c it boosts the chances of a feature film being made. Give me something that really embodies Knight Rider and you will have my faithful support. KARR's return was a letdown. Yes he was back. Yes he had a yellow scanner. Yes he was voiced by Peter Cullen. But why wasn't KARR and KITT fleshed out? Why wasn't KARR shown to be the machiavellian manipulator he was in his previous two outings? The whole series suffers from this "getting by" mentality. Its like a kid who just wants to get by with D's instead of working to get A's. If they think that throwing in the scanner sound and bringing back KARR in a watered down form is going to please fans like me, they are sadly mistaken.
Last edited by Mr.Marcus on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 pm

If i had written it then i probably wouldn't have had the Billy on the Xbox with the kid thing and would have spent the time more focussed on KARR and i agree that the battle should have been longer or even a 2 parter but the show can be built on. They really do have to knuckle down and make stories that are less about doing it just because its cool.
Someone commented that you can't make a show 20 years later based on the original well i'm sorry but both Star trek tng and Doctor who did it and they didn't have any problems. They didn't need to reboot just carry on going. I'm sick of rebooting shows and movies its a big gripe of mine I think if you got a good story that holds its own then why reboot just keep on going.

I don't want the new series to end but i would like to see them take it a little more serious however and as i said do things because its a good idea not just because its so called cool, let the audience decide that.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:46 pm

kitt1 wrote:I'm sorry, but after seeing last nights episode with KARR, the only humane thing to do would be to PULL THE PLUG.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Hey bro... You may want to rethink that signature.
You may not be aware of this -- but, "Southern Nights" is a really big chain of Gay Bars in the Southeast....
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:53 pm

marcus ur right quite right infact.......i am too very offended by the fact tht little screentime was given to KARR and they are trying to go away from TOS while keeping the name...i think they went wrong tht way....they thasught terrorist of the week was current cse of all the terrorism on the news.....they went horribly wrong....but now the reboot shall see how they depict TOS...so lets see....

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Hey bro... You may want to rethink that signature.
You may not be aware of this -- but, "Southern Nights" is a really big chain of Gay Bars in the Southeast....

hahahhahahahhahaahahahahaha......

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
Michael Pajaro wrote:

Yeah, it was this one dude that was on the set, don't know who he is, I think it's just some random staff member that Sue got a hold of. :lol: Can't blame him though since he didn't see the finished product, well other than the live action shots.. Check it at 4:33.

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... ode_17.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:13 pm

I was disappointed with the episode as a whole. My point is that my opinion of the show has nothing to do with the mostly-fan-generated hype surrounding it.

When NBC hypes a show, you know it. They run commercials for it over and over and over until you're sick of hearing about it. They hardly aired any promotions for KARR, so that's what I meant when I said that I didn't think it was "marketed as epic". And frankly, I think of the fx team as "one of us". If they want to call the battle epic, sure, why not. The battle WAS very cool. If the rest of the episode didn't live up to that, that's another issue.

Many people feel cheated that they didn't connect this KARR to the old KARR. There was a lot of wild theories about how the two shows would be tied together. That's fine, but again let's not blame the marketing people for that. We've had a pretty good idea for months now that this was going to be a new KARR, but people chose to ignore it.

We've all seen the new KARR episode. We don't need to speculate or guess or hype any more. We saw it, we can judge it for what it actually was.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com