Live Discussion - Knight to King's Pawn

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittxthexcat
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Knight to King's Pawn

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:39 pm

I was wondering about that! That looked so awesome when Karr just flings Torres across the room. Totally classic. And they cut it out >.< -sigh- I wonder what kind of special features would be on a DVD of this show when/if it comes out O.o
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm

It was a relatively good epiosode, but could have been better. I.e longer battle scene, double episode etc

Any 1 see KI2T's scanner in this epiosode. Arounnd 17 minute mark when they are downloading the files.

Mike: Alright, lets do it.
Billie: Begin Download

o yh scrap the rock/metal music (When Mike is gonna get KITT) it doesn't go with the show and is anoying

Does any1 know if u can email Knight rider to give an idea of a possible future epiosode? I Got a really good 1.

:kitt: :karr:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

colley
Volunteer

Post by colley » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:45 pm

honnziva wrote:Ughhhhhhhh
you know what's lackluster.... many people's positivity. It sounds like you all have been reading too many comments on aintitcool.com. You all do realize that the original series did not win any emmy's for acting or story right?

we are watching a story on a man and this talking car.... and its fantastic. and for anyone who says you're not a fan then of the original series you can eat your words... I'm 33 years old. I was in my prime to watch this series when i was a kid and have built more than my share of KR related fan stuff and not to mention my replica.

I don't know why we all seem at times to expect so much from this series.... Treating it like its LOST or something else. This is KR and last night... that WAS Knight RIDER in its truest form.... the pacing of the show? is this something that we thought about when we watched the original series

if you didnt like the show fine, if you had a problem cause the fight scene last night was only 3 minutes long... fine... but. to say that episode was not great, and that you have some r kind of renewed hope that the series is now headed in the exact direction it needs to be, then you didnt watch through to the ened and that is just too bad.

TV sucks alot lately. and i know some believe that its easy to say its an hour of thoughtless tv. but it is . knight rider is supposed to be a show where you can get lost in the alternate reality of the action. not upset that kits dash isn't an exact replica of a dash built in 1982 with 1982 adanced technology. or that he isn't voiced by william daniels, or that justin bruening does not have a mullet or afro.

where are devon, why can't bonnie be his mechanic. bonnie would be in her late 50s just as a side note. Things chaange. like underwear. i dont wear tighty whities anymore but that doesnt make my boxers any less of an awesome pair of panties.

I understand some will not like the show. we all do. but you will alwyas have the original series... they cannot take it away from you... Gary Scott Thompson is not raping your childhood as the kids like to say.

this is not the episode 1 of knight rider. I really wish for us to all start to enjoy the show a little bit more for what it is, i know some can't. i know some are too attached . and i know that my words may come off as harsh or fall on deaf ears.

but they are putting alot of effort in to making us happy and making the powers that be at nbc happy.

this is the last series you will get on Knight Rider...
can you honestly envision another? I don't want to start a fight... i just want to point out some problems with the way we sometimes look at things. We get caught up in facts and trtuths and inticacies . it sucks...

thank you to neil, michael, sue and all those that help with keeping us informaed with new things on our show that is over 25 years old... thank you for keeping our passion relevant on your own time.

thank you for trying to keep people excited for how relevant KR is right NOW...

Gene
Dear Gene,
I want to shake your hand for saying things I've wanted to say since I first started reading these forums when the new series began, and saying it way better than I ever could.

If people wants TOS, then the series is out on DVD. Go watch the hell out of it.
(Also remember that it had an episode where KITT drove through molten lava. LAAAVAAAAAAAAAAA. Don't complain about things in the new series being "cheesy" or "lame" when TOS did stuff like that.)
This is a new series, going its own way, and I'm enjoying every it step of the way.

As far as the fight goes, yeah, it could've been a bit longer, but you know what, the fact that KITT and Mike took out KARR that quickly just goes to show how efficient they are together.

So I say to everyone working on the show, GOOD JOB, FOLKS! Bring on the rest of the season, and hopefully a season 2!
:good:

whiskey
Volunteer

Post by whiskey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:46 pm

NBC lagged, meanwhile, finishing in the distant No. 4 spot with its line-up of soon-to-depart Knight Rider (#4: 3.2/ 5)
Ouch. This is from Zap2it's website concerning the ratings for last night. Not good. I'm enjoying this series while I can. :cry:

Here's the link:

http://tvbb.zap2it.com/ubbthreads.php/t ... s_01_21_09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

colley
Volunteer

Post by colley » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Also, major props to Cullen on his voice work.
Last edited by colley on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:48 pm

the original KITT wrote:
Does any1 know if u can email Knight rider to give an idea of a possible future epiosode? I Got a really good 1.

They won't and cannot accept story/plot ideas from random people on the internet without risk of opening themselves up for potential lawsuits. While we all wish they could take some of the things we write here and use them it would open them up to risk of being sued. Maybe if you were a member of the Writers Guild something could be done, but they generally do not accept anything from outside sources or people just handing them things due to the potential legal ramifications.

Personally I wish it wasn't the case because they could use all the help they can get and I don't think anyone here would complain about their borrowing an idea or two if it made for a better show.
ronni3 wrote: has smallville won an emmy? has one tree hill won an emmy? they are among the highest rated shows and they havent won emmys. knight rider didnt win an emmy and went on for 4 seasons....and if u ask why? then the answer is that it is a CULT following...not a generalised following such as desparate housewives, boston legal etc......cult followed shows have low ratings for a reason...they only appeal to the audience it is made for and KR if u see the ratings is steady and has a steady cult following
Smallville is on a third rate broadcast network owned at least in part by Warner Brothers which of course owns DC Comics, it might have some of the highest ratings on the CW but that's not saying a whole lot. The CW isn't by any stretch of the imagination, NBC. If Smallville was on NBC and getting the ratings it does on the CW (or back when it was still WB for that matter) it wouldn't have made it past a first season.

Certain people complaining about the complaints are completely missing the point.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:03 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
the original KITT wrote:

They won't and cannot accept story/plot ideas from random people on the internet without risk of opening themselves up for potential lawsuits. While we all wish they could take some of the things we write here and use them it would open them up to risk of being sued. Maybe if you were a member of the Writers Guild something could be done, but they generally do not accept anything from outside sources or people just handing them things due to the potential legal ramifications.quote]

Thought so cheers.

Knight rider should really be an hour long, it would help the cramming problem

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:15 pm

KI2T'S SCANNER IN THIS EPISODE :D

:kitt:
Attachments
kitt scanner.jpg (18.72 KiB) Viewed 16326 times

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:28 pm

That previsualistation vid .... omg....I would have loved to have seen that in the show. The Hawaii bit added no real value to the show - could have done it on mainland and called it "hawaii". We all would have accepted it instead of the 30-sec KARR clip.

jfall78
Stranger

Post by jfall78 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:39 pm

scorbing wrote:Did you all see the Master Key KITT vs KARR pre-visualization video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxuk-GD18Rc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame on NBC for disrespecting us fans with such an edited version of the original cut. That is an insult. Master Key made a perfectly good fight scene with KITT and KARR and those bastards cut most of the good stuff out because of budget issues? Why the hell did they go shoot on location in Hawaii then? They could have used that money to give us the original Master Key fight scene as it was intended to be in the first place!!!!

Shame on you NBC. With editing like that it's no wonder why KR is going down the drain.
That explains why the fight scene was so short and didn't flow real well. IMO NBC decided to pull the plug on KR already and that's why they edited (destroyed) what would have been a great fight scene.. what they left us with was insulting.. I really hope I'm wrong and the series continues, but If you're trying to save the series and get people interested, you don't do things like that.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 pm

What the hell was that? To everybody at NBC and GST you are a bunch of douche bags, you made a joke out of KR's greatest evil character. To the KR community enjoy the few remaining episodes ( if that's possible ) because this show is cooked. Maybe in another quarter century will get a new version of KR, I look forward to KR 2033.

Sylvie_Sarah
Stranger

Post by Sylvie_Sarah » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Can somewan mail me if the know What Phone Sarah Has in the Epesode at 25 sec when micheal calls herr ;) :kitt:

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:10 pm

KARR is not dead.
He is back at the end of next weeks episode.
You'll see.

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Overall, I enjoyed this episode as I have the last couple that are initiating the reboot. I agree with everyone that the fight scene with KARR was too short and that this should have been a two-parter. I just looked at the Youtube previsualization of what the scene could have been, and feel that if they had run the entire scene alot more people would have been excited about the battle. I'm still a bit disappointed that they didn't better explain KARR and how he fit into the continuity, but I wasn't really expecting they would. Ski mode, the grappling hook, non-Attack mode Turbo Boost, KITT bursting through a wall, and mentions of Wilton Knight and FLAG, were all things that made this episode, and things that I hope they'll use again perhaps more frequently in future episodes.

Not many people have mentioned too much about the KITT CPU rebuild, but that was also a highlight for me. In TOS I always loved the episodes where KITT was destroyed but rebuilt and brought back against the odds and in a race against time. I was a little bit let down by how fast KITT's body repaired itself in the SSC after the KARR battle, but it makes sense with the nanoskin this KITT has. Again, it's just that I always liked seeing KITT rebuilt.

One thing I do wonder about that also has gotten a little mention in this thread, but not much. KITT said near the end that he felt something was missing, that he wasn't quite himself. I see this as an incredible opportunity and possible plot device for them to lose some of the other things fans have complained about -- specifically Attack Mode and transforming into trucks. What if during the downloads he lost the programs themselves or something central in his programming to doing those things. And while Sarah may know how to configure them or add the programs as we've already seen in at least one episode, what if Dr. Graiman is the only person who knew how the actual process worked and the only person who could restore the process. I would certainly not complain about the loss of these things, especially if we did see KITT using more old school gadgets and strategies.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of this season plays out and hold out hope for a second season, though I still think the producers and writers have a bit more tweaking to do to get the Knight Rider formula just right.

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 pm

this had to be the best episode of the series so far! It had everything most of us had been wanting in it excpet of course the orginial kitt and the hoff but i'm gonna be honest its got me even more excited about the new series than before. I've loved every epsiode so far but his one takes it home and to the begings of kr: flag, knight industries, and even montioning Wilton Knight! i havent posted in a while but this epsiode has got me excited about whats to come for the rest of the season and i sure do hope we get a second season, or atleast an order for part of it!!

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:41 pm

...um.... that's it? A 3 minuter fight and that's the end of KARR 2.0? Death by Turbo Boost was awesome, but not even a hint that some part of him survived? Of course, with how they said KITT uploaded his OS to the Interwebs, we DO have a way of KARR returning to menace them again. At the end of the season, maybe?? HHmmm?

Allright, not the 'be all and end all' I thought/hoped it was going to be. The build-up to the fight was the strongest part of the episode. How Sara went all 'spring break/broken heart' was cool and expected. Mike showing up and they finally hook-up (though clearly not the way Mike wanted) made me say 'About time'. And from there we have the re-uniting of Team KITT, a lil bit of B & E and even a lil 'MacGyver-ing' to get KITT back up and running. The only part I didn't like was Billy trying to get the last data packet from the kid, way annoying.

scorbing
Recruit

Post by scorbing » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:46 pm

You know what really, really pisses me off about last night's KITT vs KARR battle? KITT didn't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was in the creative team this is how I would have done that scene:

When KARR started shooting at KITT and KITT fled under him and turned and drove backwards while facing KARR, I would have made KITT pop some serious machine guns from his sides and shoot back at KARR. That would have made that scene unforgettable. I'm sorry but the director and the creative team sucks when it comes to imagination and creativity. Master Key VFX is not to blame, they did their job and they did it well but because of the morons running the show, the work was not fully appreciated. Thanks again NBC for insulting your KR fans once again.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:55 pm

KARR is not dead.
He is back at the end of next weeks episode.
You'll see.
The way I see it KARR was FUBAR form all angles but for the sake of what lies in everyone's best interest (i.e. KARR should retaliate) let's hope you're right!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Did anyone notice there were new passwords in last night's episode? I don't know if they are going to integrate them into the Knight Research site or not.

I think that the password Sarah typed in on the box was "deanna," and I have no idea what Mike typed in. Thoughts?

Chief05
Stranger

Post by Chief05 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:15 pm

This episode was AWESOME!
Yeah, the fight itself unfortunately didn't last long, but I think this episode in general and its meaning is very great.
We all were excited about KARR and Peter Cullens return and so was I, but unfortunately there was no link with the good ol' KARR from the TOS, but that's not so bad.

What I actually liked about the episode is the end:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER: End
12 episodes long I was seriously asking myself, why Knight Rider now is about a team working for the government, doing superdangerous tasks, fighting against terrorists, saving the whole world, etc.
Perhaps that's somehow cool, but come on, that was not the Knight Rider we all know.
Knight Industries Research & Development - That's well and good, but where was FLAG?
Where was the Foundation, which helps "normal" people, citizens and individuals, caring about their "little" problems, fighting against some corrupt businessmen who oppresses them :)

But the end of this episode was actually the beginning.
Carrie and the FBI anyway don't seem to be involved again, and now Torres is also gone. The SSC doesn't belong to the government, and Graiman passes along Wilton's original dream - One man can make a difference.
Now it seems that once again a little team is on its way to aid the people out there.

The Rebirth of FLAG is coming...

And hey - the return of the ski mode was BRILLIANT! :D
I probably had a face like this when I saw it: :shock:
Let's hope that KARR will return one more time!

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:20 pm

scorbing wrote:You know what really, really pisses me off about last night's KITT vs KARR battle? KITT didn't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was in the creative team this is how I would have done that scene:

When KARR started shooting at KITT and KITT fled under him and turned and drove backwards while facing KARR, I would have made KITT pop some serious machine guns from his sides and shoot back at KARR. That would have made that scene unforgettable. I'm sorry but the director and the creative team sucks when it comes to imagination and creativity. Master Key VFX is not to blame, they did their job and they did it well but because of the morons running the show, the work was not fully appreciated. Thanks again NBC for insulting your KR fans once again.

KI3T couldn't use machine guns as that programme had not been downloaded. But ur right would have made it more interesting. But great episode overall.

:kitt:

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:39 pm

True and i read someone say that TOS never won any emmies for acting or story thats certainly true but for knight rider to survive it has to compete with shows that do while apealing to as many people as possable. I'm enjoying the new show i really am it has its bad episodes but for the most part its a fun romp. I would think that if fans are unhappy with the show then expressing it is the best thing as it allows members of the production (and i'm sure some view these boards as well as others) to take the negative feedback and work possatively to turn it around. Ok this episode did seem a little rushed and there was the bizzare Xbox plot thrown in, time that could have been used for other things but we don't know what they have planned next or what changes they may make to improve.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:43 pm

K.A.C.I. wrote:He sounded pretty much exactly the same as he did when he voiced the original KARR in 1982, so no offense, but I don't see what your complaint is.
His voice sounded the same, of course, but he did not act like the same character. Granted, it's NOT the same character. Fine. But I felt he acted more like Optimus Prime/Megatron especially with the transformation into a giant robot. So what am I really saying? If he's not the original K.A.R.R. and he's not Optimus Prime/Megatron, then act like a character who is neither.

Geez, talk about an identity crisis!
KR4Life wrote:...um.... that's it? A 3 minuter fight and that's the end of KARR 2.0? Death by Turbo Boost was awesome, but not even a hint that some part of him survived? Of course, with how they said KITT uploaded his OS to the Interwebs, we DO have a way of KARR returning to menace them again. At the end of the season, maybe?? HHmmm?
It wouldn't have mattered, anyway. This show is incapable of any decent continuity whatsoever. It didn't capitalize on the WIDE OPEN C.P.U. at the end of "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R.," so why would they re-create the same cliffhanger that they didn't even use as a start-off point in the first place? That C.P.U. was left there because obviously the producers used the logic that maybe one day the ORIGINAL K.A.R.R. could possibly return...
Last edited by Lost Knight on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
K.A.C.I. wrote:He sounded pretty much exactly the same as he did when he voiced the original KARR in 1982, so no offense, but I don't see what your complaint is.
His voice sounded the same, of course, but he did not act like the same character. Granted, it's NOT the same character. Fine. But I felt he acted more like Optimus Prime/Megatron especially with the transformation into a giant robot. So what am I really saying? If he's not the original K.A.R.R. and he's not Optimus Prime/Megatron, then act like a character who is neither.

He didnt have enough lines to become his own character
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

scorbing
Recruit

Post by scorbing » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:59 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:

He didnt have enough lines to become his own character
He did have lines, they cut them off because of budget reasons (see the Master Key VFX Youtube Video on the full, unedited scene that was meant to be)... Stupid NBC.