Live Discussion - Knight to King's Pawn

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Live Discussion - Knight to King's Pawn

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:52 pm

I guess KITT does have a form of MBS as well as Nano-Skin. He really didn't get too messed up until he crashed through KARR, and after that explosion, he would've been way more damaged than he was.

gromia77
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by gromia77 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:37 am

Anyone else notice the kid's last name on the screen when Billy looks it up? It says Sandstrom. So where did Billy come up with Lundstrom? :shock:
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:14 am

I guess he screwed up his lines :mrgreen:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:18 am

CJaguar442 wrote:I guess he screwed up his lines :mrgreen:
That's a BIG screw up, at least in my book.
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:37 am

gromia77 wrote:Anyone else notice the kid's last name on the screen when Billy looks it up? It says Sandstrom. So where did Billy come up with Lundstrom? :shock:
Attachments
1kr.jpg
1kr.jpg (11.62 KiB) Viewed 10690 times
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:44 am

gromia77 wrote:Anyone else notice the kid's last name on the screen when Billy looks it up? It says Sandstrom. So where did Billy come up with Lundstrom? :shock:
The computer also says he lives in Minnesota, but Billy went to Oregon. So... *shrug*

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:50 pm

People make mistakes. We are all only human.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Sardanar wrote:No, my real problem with this episode was that KARR's vehicle form was a Mustang. Considering that (in this reality) KARR was originally designed for combat in Iraq, a Mustang makes absolutely no sense at all! A Hummer, or a Land Rover, or some other form of vehicle that would be able to cross desert sands easily would make much more sense that to have his base form being a vehicle that is designed for URBAN use...
Who said that KARR was designed for Iraq? It's interesting to note that KARR never refers to himself as a car. no "I am the prototype of the car of the future". no "Inferior production line model". I agree with you that the Mustang shell would be totally out of place there, so this (again) is really all about the Chicken and the Egg. Which leads to...
Sardanar wrote:This either implies that KARR has the same transforming capabilities as KITT, or the writers wanted to keep KARR as the same vehicle as KITT for the sake of the fans (who naturally want KARR to be KITT's twin as it was in the original series). The trouble is that it doesn't fit with THIS KARR's back story.
This episode was about tossing the original fans a bone. Yellow scanner, Peter Cullen, KI3T having an exterior duplicate prototype named KARR (we never see an interior of KARR in car mode), it should have NEVER happened this way. As we've observed, you can't retcon a history, especially since so much of this new show depends on the old history.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:48 am

Agreed. He was Darth Maul with a couple more lines and less fight time. It was like watching a balloon. All the prep time and, once the fight was on, it was like watching the balloon fly when the end was released...only to flutter to the ground, depleated...seconds later. I wanted more.

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:21 pm

i was watching the first episode of the season.

i remember ktt had said he misses something like some files.

in the first episode he scans the files from Mike.

is it possible that he is missing the files from mikes past?

so they dont have to tell the story about mikes past that he dont remember?
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:43 pm

scorbing wrote:Did you all see the Master Key KITT vs KARR pre-visualization video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxuk-GD18Rc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame on NBC for disrespecting us fans with such an edited version of the original cut. That is an insult. Master Key made a perfectly good fight scene with KITT and KARR and those bastards cut most of the good stuff out because of budget issues? Why the hell did they go shoot on location in Hawaii then? They could have used that money to give us the original Master Key fight scene as it was intended to be in the first place!!!!

Shame on you NBC. With editing like that it's no wonder why KR is going down the drain.
Whoa! Calm down, there's no need for such harsh name-calling! Pre-viz work is common across all TV shows and cinema movies that use CGI and in almost every case there's stuff that doesn't get chosen, whether it be for budget reasons (and I'm sorry but budgets are important, you can't call them "bastards" for not over-spending), or for creative reasons with the producers, writers and directors. Many factors could've been a part of the decision to whittle this down to its core. As I say, it happenes with nearly all pre-viz material, the idea of which is simply to showcase what the effects team could do and for the production crew (director, exec producers etc) to have something tangible to work with in directing and editing it to what they want (rather than just their imaginations) before committing to the effects and thus paying for the workload.

As for the Hawaii scenes, it's already been reported that the actors worked with the crew from "Lost" on these scenes, so it's not as if the entire KR crew were sent over. It wouldn't have cost that much, and in my opinion since the story called for Sarah to get far, far away to Hawaii then they made the right choice in doing it on-location and the results show in some great emotional scenes.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil