The best thing NBC could do...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by DevonStyles » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:43 am

Promote the heck of out Knight rider during Obama's inaguration.... Show clips of the Karr episode.

Say a New improved Knight rider is back.....

Obama's inaguration is probally going to be one of the most watched events in television history. They would be stupid to not promote shows on their network during the broadcast... :good:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Re: The best thing NBC could do...

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:51 am

I'm not one to mention this about anything, but in this case I'm going to demand MORE COMMERCIALS!!!!!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 am

Maybe Obama can bring change to Knight Rider? :D Maybe NBC could advertise it during the inauguration?
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:25 am

I can imagine Obama say with head held up high and strong (like he always does), and with his eyes gazing towards where he can see a better future for not just America, but the whole world, saying near the end of his speech:

"Before America can make that change, I'd like for us all to remember what we value most. Look at your family, to your friends. Our hope has nurtured us to be stronger, and we haven't fallen down yet. Times have been tough, but we haven't fallen down! Now, what I want each and everyone of you to do this week is appreciate what you have. Because if you've lost that, then surely, we will lose America. Now, I'm going to go home with my family and do what most of you do during your special bonding time with yours. I'm going to watch my favorite program, Knight Rider," *note: Obama still has his head up strong and that prominent gaze* "and eat cookies, with milk! Sasha sure loves her cookies and milk."

NBC could use that as a skit for SNL......maybe :good:

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:38 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:I can imagine Obama say with head held up high and strong (like he always does), and with his eyes gazing towards where he can see a better future for not just America, but the whole world, saying near the end of his speech:

"Before America can make that change, I'd like for us all to remember what we value most. Look at your family, to your friends. Our hope has nurtured us to be stronger, and we haven't fallen down yet. Times have been tough, but we haven't fallen down! Now, what I want each and everyone of you to do this week is appreciate what you have. Because if you've lost that, then surely, we will lose America. Now, I'm going to go home with my family and do what most of you do during your special bonding time with yours. I'm going to watch my favorite program, Knight Rider," *note: Obama still has his head up strong and that prominent gaze* "and eat cookies, with milk! Sasha sure loves her cookies and milk."

NBC could use that as a skit for SNL......maybe :good:
LOL. I'm on the study floor of my library I almost lol'd too loud. :mrgreen: Jokes!

But seriously....NBC needs to do that.

The ratings dropped when Obama was on that week.... camaan, help us out obama. :P :mrgreen:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:38 pm

...NBC won't do.

They can't all be idiots, so I'm guessing they really do want the show to end. Angela Bromstad's recent comments seem to validate this.

It's comical how many missed opportunities they've had.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:56 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:The best thing NBC could do...

...NBC won't do.

They can't all be idiots, so I'm guessing they really do want the show to end. Angela Bromstad's recent comments seem to validate this.

It's comical how many missed opportunities they've had.
I think they figured that even if they advertised the remaining shows like crazy it will bear no fruit and their dollars and time is better spent on other projects. I don't think anything will bring in viewers in the numbers NBC is looking for and they've just written it off with the mindset that if by some miracle the remaining shows bring in massive ratings they'll reevaluate the series for a spot in the fall.

The show has been plagued by bad press since the pilot movie aired last February. But we can't put all the blame on the press. The show played right into all the criticisms that were levied at it. Its only recently that they've changed direction. Not surprisingly the more they are bringing this series in line with TOS the better its becoming. They tried to reinvent the wheel and it didn't work and when they finally figured it out it was too little, too late.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:36 pm

I think you're right with the exception of advertising it.

This KARR is just so freakin' cool looking and there's just nothing like that on network TV. It just blows my mind someone didn't "leak" a few seconds of a battle scene or something online a month ago. Maybe create a Myspace layout for it (like KRO's homepage). Then if that had started a buzz, go for some network ads. :idea:

But what do we know?

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:39 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:I think you're right with the exception of advertising it.

This KARR is just so freakin' cool looking and there's just nothing like that on network TV. It just blows my mind someone didn't "leak" a few seconds of a battle scene or something online a month ago. Maybe create a Myspace layout for it (like KRO's homepage). Then if that had started a buzz, go for some network ads. :idea:

But what do we know?
You should check out Sue's BehingTheScene vid again.....trust me.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:11 pm

I wonder if NBC are waiting until the first of the retooled episodes, before restarting any
serious promotion of the show. If that's the case, then here's hoping it won't be a case
of "Too little, too late" ... assuming it hasn't gone that way already . . .

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:22 pm

At 1:17 pm PST, NBC showed the KARR Commercial in a commercial break during the Presidents Parade to the White House! Good Job NBC! :good:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 pm

jaimetheking wrote:At 1:17 pm PST, NBC showed the KARR Commercial in a commercial break during the Presidents Parade to the White House! Good Job NBC! :good:
YEAH! WOOO HOOO! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9