Knight Rider Columbia House Trivia

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Columbia House Trivia

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:35 pm

When I was 15 I was so happy to hear that Columbia House was going to sell knight rider the series on vhs.I remember watching KOTP for the first time in years.I could only afford a few episodes since they were charging 27 dollars for 2 episodes per tape.The ones I had were Soul Survivor,Custom Made Killer,Kitt VS. Karr.

On the Back of these shell boxes were knight rider trivia that was never mentioned in any book.One of them said that kitt picture cars had 4 layers of plastic wrap on them so when one was scratched or damages,they would peel back the layer of plastic.

Another had information on Soul Survivor said that the actor who played Randy stole one of the cars off the lot for a while during the soul survivor episode.I was hoping others who bought the episodes from Columbia House remembered trivia information that isn't so well known and post in this thread.

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider Columbia House Trivia

Post by MikeBKnight » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:58 pm

Yes, I bought every single one of those VHS tapes (13 or something like that) in all. If I were to know that they would make the entire series on DVD's, that would've saved me TONS of money lol.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:45 pm

That's great that you have all of them.Would you mind telling us what the trivia on the back of each box says?

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:16 pm

I remember one of the tapes said how Glen Larson was a member of The Four Tops.

In retrospect, those of us who bought every single tape shelled out 400 bucks! holy crap! All of my tapes sadly were destroyed in a truck fire, but the insurance company paid me off (in full) and then the first season was released a few months later.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Ouch! knowing kr burned up in a fire i feel for you man.Good thing the DVD came out.I hated only being able to afford a few episodes at 27 dollars a tape.I bought knight of the phoenix,trust doesn't rust,soul survivor,custome kitt, and Goliath.Boy was I happy watching episodes I haven't seen in 4 or 5 years since it was last shown when I was 13 and now that I think of it i must have been older than 15 when they were released.Now I own all 4 seasons,TKR,KR2000, and now have every episode of the new series as well.I still won't count KR2010 as true knight rider.I wish the kr trivia was on a website somewhere from those tapes.Never seen the trivia on other books or anywhere.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 am

Scott Kirkessner wrote:I remember one of the tapes said how Glen Larson was a member of The Four Tops.

In retrospect, those of us who bought every single tape shelled out 400 bucks! holy crap! All of my tapes sadly were destroyed in a truck fire, but the insurance company paid me off (in full) and then the first season was released a few months later.
- That's The Four Preps. Sorry to hear about your tapes being destroyed. I have I think 13 video tapes myself but I'd have to check to be sure. Each tape cost me 29.95 plus shipping and at some point I was just like ugh, too much money.

I'll post the trivia off the back of the boxes I have for you later in the week Racer.

=VK=
:dash:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 am

Welcome back Nick, I do remember the old Home Alone 2 Laserdisc and VHS Columbia House commercial from the early 1990's. Does any have the old Columbia House jingle commercial for Knight Rider or Home Alone?

P.S. Your book is a great read dude!! :good: :good: :kitt: :karr:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Yea I am looking forward to seeing this trivia. It sounds very interesting. To bad they didn't do that with the DVDS
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:12 pm

Anyone else know if the trivia was printed anywhere else or possibly posted online?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:20 pm

I will get to posting the trivia I have off my VHS boxes sometime this week. It takes a while to type all that stuff out. I've just been too swamped as of late with order requests and whatnot to get to it.

=VK=
:dash: