The Character no one cared about...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The Character no one cared about...

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:21 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:
Glissard wrote:GET RID OF SARAH! I've said this before. We're suppose to believe that she's a rocket scientist, but she's too busy delivering passive aggressive quotes to cover up her own insecurities. Her attitude get's pretty old. She's baggage on the other end of the webcam for Mike. Kill her off a la Stevie style like Michael Knight Sr.'s true love. She brings nothing to the show. Does anyone agree with me on this?
No
Agreed with WIBoomer1.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 am

PunkMaister wrote:I have no idea why would anyone want to remove Sarah it makes no sense whatsoever to me!
I'm with you here Punk I believe she adds a lot to the show.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:55 am

Deanna can come get in my bed anytime. :good:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:56 am

BlackKitt wrote:Deanna can come get in my bed anytime. :good:
Well, we can see why so many want her to stay...

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 am

Lynda414 wrote:
I speak for myself only and I knew someone would like that comment, :lol:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:44 am

BlackKitt wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:
I speak for myself only and I knew someone would like that comment, :lol:
Hehe, I just wish that she were more than a pretty face, so us straight girls could like her too.

Right now I can't think of her without hearing the phrase "Douche Nozzle" in my head. And that makes me wanna break stuff.

She did a nice good emotional scene over her father's death, I will give her that.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Lynda414 wrote:She did a nice good emotional scene over her father's death, I will give her that.
Yes I will give that to her she did a very good job. I see no reason to get rid of her at the present time.

filmstox
Stranger

Post by filmstox » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:33 pm

I read this thread title and actually thought you were going to talk about Hank the robot. I'm sorry to see him go. I'm of the opinion that he's the reason Doc Graiman actually decided to stay on the plane. Sorry, but sometimes I care more for the bots than the people! :?

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 pm

One of the things that could help was if Carrie talked to KITT, i mean, that shows that her Character isn't major. However that isn't my opinion, its sad to see her leave the show, but the reminder of the cast is the best choice, hopefully we'll see a cameo of her later on.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:46 pm

KITT Season 4 wrote:One of the things that could help was if Carrie talked to KITT, i mean, that shows that her Character isn't major.
agreed.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:09 pm

I couldn't give 2 cents about Ravi or Torres. They where never any help in KR's story lines or ratings they just was filler for me. Now Billy and Zoe have all the younger audience RC3 gave in TOS so they are fine.

I just hope that they at least replace Graiman with a Devon like character I would hope the KARR episode this week gives us a engineer that worked on him like Graiman but sees his mistake and steers toward KI3T. I am most sad that Graiman is gone but it kinda gives us a break from the father daughter ties that Graiman had with Sarah:).

Sorry Bruce looks like no full action figure in this series either :wink:
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:41 pm

I guess the ammount of core characters was a bit high and needed some serious trimming down, but unfortunetly I think they cut out the wrong characters. I couldn't care less about Carrie, bit I actually liked Greiman and Torres.

The real deadweight of the show is Billy and specially Zoe, I mean Billy gave us some typical nerd humor that's been done over and over again it's become as un-funny as rickrolling (I mean even the BBC 4 o' clock news did it). Specailly Zoe was a total waste of screentime, most of the actually usefull stuff she did could have been done by Billy alone, or KI3T or Sarah for that matter.

Greiman was in this show like something of a half of the Devon Miles character while Torres was the other half plus quite a bit more, that could have led the show in a verry intresting direction, which they didn't want the show to go because it would become "too dark". I mean 24 as one of the most whached shows on american televion is dark as hell and still it's got some pretty darn good ratings over all of the seasons. Sometimes life is hell and these days vievers can cope with this pretty well without bursting out crying, over the years specially peoples' sensitivity to horror has changed a lot, I actually LAUGHED at several scenes from Psyco when I saw it for the first time when I was 17 (Yes, I know it has given lots of people lifelong traumas).

What I'm worried about is how the're going to make the show work with so many of the supporting characters gone, they have to remodel the Sarah character so much she won't be credible as a character anymore to make her the new leader as she's the only one who could take a position like that.

Maybe they'll introduce a new leader for the team when they move over to work under FLAG, maybe we're going to see a new Devon Miles kind of character, he might even be brittish (which would be a major plus i my book). Now that I think of it, it's the only way I can see a somewhat credible moving back the concept of the original show, maybe they are going to make Sarah a kind Bonnie Barstow-like character who fixes KITT and helps out from time to time, and maybe they could cut out the deadweights Zoe and Billy?

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm a fan of the original and grew up watching it. I admit it was different with the new guy having a whole team for back up. But when you think of today's times, and villains just like the one they just faced, it would have been almost impossible for one man to do it alone.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:51 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
Hehe, I just wish that she were more than a pretty face, so us straight girls could like her too.

Right now I can't think of her without hearing the phrase "Douche Nozzle" in my head. And that makes me wanna break stuff.
Douche nozzle douche nozzle and douche nozzle. :mrgreen: Whenever I think about her those lovely blue eyes come to mind.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:41 am

BlackKitt wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:

Douche nozzle douche nozzle and douche nozzle. :mrgreen: Whenever I think about her those lovely blue eyes come to mind.
Why do you wanna make me wanna break stuff? >_<

I can't appreciate her blue eyes, as lovely as they may seem to males. Then again, Justin doesn't really do anything for me either. Hmm...

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:37 am

Well if u kick her out you gotta find KITT another mechanic who can work on his AI & other Gizmos consedring tht Dr. Gramin & Sarah are the only 2 people who can do that & with Gramin dead it leaves Sarah any onw with me on this?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 am

knight_Sam wrote:Well if u kick her out you gotta find KITT another mechanic who can work on his AI & other Gizmos consedring tht Dr. Gramin & Sarah are the only 2 people who can do that & with Gramin dead it leaves Sarah any onw with me on this?
I can accept her working on KITT. In fact, we should see more of that. Considering that she and her ftaher are the only two people that could, they did very littel by way of tkaing care of KITT. Though I will admit that Sarah did more than Graiman.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 am

Lynda414 wrote:
BlackKitt wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:

Why do you wanna make me wanna break stuff? >_<

I can't appreciate her blue eyes, as lovely as they may seem to males. Then again, Justin doesn't really do anything for me either. Hmm...
Does anyone have a sense of humor anymore, judas priest. Survey said: NO!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:31 am

BlackKitt wrote:Does anyone have a sense of humor anymore, judas priest. Survey said: NO!
Wait... I thought she had green eyes...

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:35 am

Lynda414 wrote:
BlackKitt wrote:Does anyone have a sense of humor anymore, judas priest. Survey said: NO!
I could've sworn they were intense blue.

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:00 am

BlackKitt wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:
I could've sworn they were intense blue.
Aaaagh. They're hazel. Take a good look for yourself. Not blue or green, but hazel. :lol:
filmstox wrote:I read this thread title and actually thought you were going to talk about Hank the robot. I'm sorry to see him go. I'm of the opinion that he's the reason Doc Graiman actually decided to stay on the plane. Sorry, but sometimes I care more for the bots than the people! :?
Hahaha, yeah, i know what you mean! Poor Hank! :cry:

:lol:
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:41 am

AngeliaxKARR wrote:Aaaagh. They're hazel. Take a good look for yourself. Not blue or green, but hazel. :lol:
Um, no they're not. My eyes are hazel, and Deanna's look NOTHING like them. Trust me, she has pale blue eyes...very pretty pale blue eyes, too. :D I have a weakness for blue eyes.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 pm

filmstox wrote:I read this thread title and actually thought you were going to talk about Hank the robot. I'm sorry to see him go. I'm of the opinion that he's the reason Doc Graiman actually decided to stay on the plane. Sorry, but sometimes I care more for the bots than the people! :?
Hahaha, yeah, i know what you mean! Poor Hank! :cry:

:lol:[/quote]

Yea seeing Hank sad and throwing stuff because he missed his creator was touching. It really gave him a personality. We can only hope he got off the plane somehow and lived.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

starryeyesgina
Stranger

Post by starryeyesgina » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:13 pm

I thought that character was kinda lame too.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 pm

wow
David wrote: However, I draw the line at him flirting with KITT. Some things should remain in fan fiction land...
In TOS there was quite a strange relationship between MK and Ki2t.

Re Watch it and listen to the delivery of some of Ki2ts lines, even in the pilot MK asks him for a 'divorce' which back in 82 USA im pretty sure was not a common place thing for 2 males...

oh and check out the gag reels on youtube, theres one particular scene which you will understand when you see it...

Mike and Ki3t are buddies...