C-130 Explosion

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

C-130 Explosion

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I guess like many others, I am having an issue with the loss of Dr. Graiman. So maybe I am over-analyzing the scene.

I did particularly hear the pilot (The Admiral from JAG I loved Him) say that the fuel was dumped and they were safe to land.

Why then would a possible explosion occur?

I know absolutely nothing about aircraft and do not claim to....So can someone help a novice in this area?
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: C-130 Explosion

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:00 pm

an engine could of blew, something overheated which could of had a fuel line cut which could cause an explosion........so many different options
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Or the pilot was paid off and caused the explosion????

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:48 pm

HOFFABE wrote:Or the pilot was paid off and caused the explosion????
Which is what I thought was gonna happen. Except we'd see it.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Did you see the switch with the light? That says it all right there.

scorbing
Recruit

Post by scorbing » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:59 pm

What do you mean "That says it all right there?"

I don't think Charles is dead. I think they left it as a mystery and I think they are going to bring him back in a later episode. You watch, they are going to have a story where he jumped from the plane before it crashed or exploded and he survived. You'll see.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 am

While I think that's possible, I don't think they'd bring him back this season. And if season 2 prospects remain as bleak as they are, he might as well be dead.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:53 am

at least..if the production want bruce davidson out...they gave us a logical reason!not like patricia mcpherson in the original knight rider!i also want to mention that all this has something to do with KARR!i am possitive on that!!i think that all of you noticed the karr digital blueprint at the opening titles!!

85DropTopTA
Volunteer

Post by 85DropTopTA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:03 am

They could bring doc back later. they never said they found a body. could be a castaway type story where he got stranded on an island for a year and his only friend was hank cause the pilot died. Hank would make a better companion then a volleyball named wilson. maintance would be a little hard when all you can do is make repairs by shreading palm trees, turning them into rope, and lashing hank back together.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:14 am

Let's look at the storyline. They went out of their way to let the audience know that they dumped all their fuel. Next, they show the viewers clear confusion and concern in the cockpit as the mysterious red light goes off. Then, Michael clearly stated that the plane exploded.

I think this is just a storyline (sabotage, missile, something) and am doubtful that they'd give the audience that much information and then simply have the plane self-explode mechanically. Time will tell where this leads.

Was it K.A.R.R. maybe? Hmmmmmmm....
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:07 am

85DropTopTA wrote:They could bring doc back later. they never said they found a body. could be a castaway type story where he got stranded on an island for a year and his only friend was hank cause the pilot died. Hank would make a better companion then a volleyball named wilson. maintance would be a little hard when all you can do is make repairs by shreading palm trees, turning them into rope, and lashing hank back together.
:D

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 am

I highly doubt he is on an island, unless they flew back out to sea. They were attempting to land so I don't know if they would have tried it over land or water....

I think a good two episode arc for season 2 (if there is one, and as I mentioned in the other thread about this...) is that Graiman and the Pilot escaped by jumping out before the explosion. I have a feeling since they were near Phoenix when dropping off KITT, Mike, and Sarah that they could have flew south into Mexico. So, if Graiman and the pilot make it safely to the ground, they might be kidnapped or taken hostage. It seems plausible with all those tourists disappearing down there lately. Then Mike and KITT find out about him surviving and stage a rescue op out of country. I think it would be very plausible if they decide to bring him back.... if we get another season of course. Here's hoping....
Last edited by KnightCrusader99 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:03 pm

I think Torres had the plan sabotaged in order to get Charles out of the way so Torres could go on and re-activate KARR without having to worry about Charles's scruples (scruples which Torres himself clearly lacks).
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 pm

As I said before, I do believe the character of Charles Graiman is dead, but I also believe there's a possibility for him to return in a possible second season, like in a dream or flashback sequence.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 am

I think it's the typical soap opera ending, where they can decide to bring these character back. Though I must admit it was sad when KITT told Sara that our father is dead.

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:32 am

In a way, I'm glad they didn't show the C-130 explode because I knew what was coming and really didn't want to see Dr. Graiman die. It just made it more poignant the way it was brought about in the end with Mike telling Sarah about her father. That line of kitt's "Sarah... our father is dead." had me in tears. I've always thought of Kitt through out this season as a child learning and growing emotionally and I think this made it very clear that he's come along way emotionally.

As for the blinking red light everyone has been talking about, I think that might have been a fire in the engines warning light. For some reason, I keep thinking I've seen something like it on another show or documentary on planes. Like Sarah, I hate to fly.
Lisa :kittside: