is Charles Graiman really dead?? ummm,think bout this

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ianruk
Rookie

is Charles Graiman really dead?? ummm,think bout this

Post by ianruk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:13 pm

you see they kind of killed him off but didnt, if i am correct when watching the episode they didnt say bout having his body right? and they might have done this in a way that if they do go to a second season and feel like bringing him back, they could have him appear out of nowhere saying he managed to jump out before the plane exploded.

if i am right with the no body thing,then they have done good on it because they didnt show anything after the light come on and the other man said 'im sorry' leaving it open for him to return 1 day if they feel he is needed

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: is Charles Graiman really dead?? ummm,think bout this

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:25 pm

yea idk, i dont want Dr. G to leave but some episodes were pointless with him there, like making out and sexual statements during Green Week, i wish he had more one on one time with KITT instead of Sarah.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:31 pm

I wanted to see him more hands on with KITT. Developing new technologies,testing others. Repairing something. Just... something!

Would have cemented his and KITT's relationship a bit more. So that it made more sense for KITT to refer to him as his father.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Killing him was a bad idea, he could've been the Devon Miles of the show being the off screen CEO.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:50 pm

You know, I thought about this too. We didn't see him go down in the explosion, we didn't see a flash of light on his face before going to the next scene. For that matter, we don't know how much time transpired between the light coming on and the actual explosion. They were near Mexico if I am not mistaken, trying to land. I have a feeling if we get a second season and the producers were brave enough, we could get a story where he is found alive in Mexico but as a prisoner of some type and they have to go save him. They could say he jumped from the plane at the very last second before it exploded.

Remember, he 'died' in the Pilot too but he was off in the woods because his body double took the fall for him. I think Graiman is out there alive somewhere.... In Sci-Fi, no one really dies!

First lets get to the second season.... if no second season, I smell a really awesome idea for a fan fiction... :-)

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:50 pm

I think he's dead and the reason for not showing his body is because he may be needed. Right now he's dead.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Maybe he will just walk out the shower,and it was all a dream?!

wingsnbcusa
Volunteer

Post by wingsnbcusa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Why did they kill him off? Thought he would be fine since Admiral "AJ" Chegwidden was at the controls of the C-130! :)

I have to say really starting to get hook with this new Knight Rider! I hope NBC KEEPS IT GOING!!

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:39 am

KITT Season 4 wrote:I think he's dead and the reason for not showing his body is because he may be needed. Right now he's dead.
But at least by not showing the body, they could have him come back in the future. That is all I am hoping for. He was a great character.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Surely KI3T would have scanned for vitals?

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:00 pm

trissybabes wrote:Surely KI3T would have scanned for vitals?
KITT wasn't exactly at the site of the crash, was he?

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 pm

When Charles said the line to Ki3t about "protocol...." (cant remember the exact line) when he locked Mike and Sarah in the car, the audience assumed that 'protocol' was to lock the occupants in and that was all. However there could have been more to that command such as Ki3t hiding the fact that Graimen was faking his death but the protocol prevented him from telling Mike and Sarah.

Why would Graiman do this you ask???

Easy, to remove himself from whatever Torres is involved in. Otherwise Graiman may have ended up sharing responsibility for whatever dodgy dealings had been going on...

The way it's been written, in that episode at least, (as we have no idea what happens between 12-17) there is still scope for the return of Graiman, who was a reclusive character to begin with if we look at the pilot. Even if the pilot is ignored as a 'canon' version of 'new KR' we have to explain CGs absense from TOS so the same reason would still apply, the guy was in hiding for a reason...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:13 pm

I think he's incinerated along with the plane and the pilot. An explosion wasn't actually shown in order to save money and time on visual effects.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 pm

The way it's been written, in that episode at least, (as we have no idea what happens between 12-17) there is still scope for the return of Graiman
that accually just made me think about what you said
remember it was said that they cleared the set on epsiode 17 right? everyone is saying maybe its the hoff and kitt making a return,but now you said that about being a chance he might come back,,do u think that could be the surprise for epsidoe 17 in some way?, i mean hoff and kitt is a excuse to clear the set so noone would know,,however they could have cleared the set for Charles Graiman to return so noone can spoil the fact that he wasnt dead.

i know they axed him but as was said a lot of things could change,they might have relised they needed a older male figure of f.l.a.g and decided to hire him back

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:13 pm

I don't know if Graiman will make a return on Knight Rider (remember, these things aren't controlled by plotline, they're controlled by producers and actors, so Graiman's actor might not decide to return to the show) but as I see it, Graiman is the ONLY person who can possibly make upgrades to KI3T's base programming. So far, nobody else in the series has expressed the knowledge that Graiman has; although they have tech skills, they could not build, modify, or enhance an AI or KI3T's physical shell. I believe that Sarah is the closest person to a "tech" that the series now has, but I never got the impression that she has Graiman's expertise with physical objects. Basically, she can program KI3T in multiple ways, but she'd never be able to create the nanoskin or anything.

Just my two cents.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Maybe if Graiman does return, maybe he'll be trapped somewhere in the middle of nowhere with Hank...and everyone has to come and rescue them! :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:13 am

I think he is still alive too. When I saw it I thought, what we don't get to see a really cool crash. And then I realized. Oh he's not dead.
Though I don't think we will see him again this season.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:49 am

I think there's more chance of Graiman coming back than MK+KITT.

It would be nice for him to be still alive. I too wanted to see more interaction between KI3T and Graiman. He continually shows off to other characters about what he's built but then doesn't really interact with it. I always wanted there to be a scene between Wilton and KITT. Graiman was the closest to get to that.

Would have been nice to see Graiman take the controls of KI3T and use it to complete an important mission like help rescue Sarah and Mike.

I hope he comes back in season 2.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:39 am

Sue wrote:I think he is still alive too. When I saw it I thought, what we don't get to see a really cool crash. And then I realized. Oh he's not dead.
Though I don't think we will see him again this season.
My thinking is very much along the same lines as yours....

All we got to see was a blinking red light and hear Gus say "sorry doc" followed by a slightly concerned look on Charles face.

Not what I'd call an entirely convincing death scene, hopefully it turns out to be a cover up. :good:

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:52 am

Hope they bring him back, really enjoyed the first episode, just wish I could see more.
Last edited by ANDREWHEARNE on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:54 am

It was left open ended.

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:10 am

I surely hope the speculation of this pseudo- death is correct and that wasn't the actual death scene.

If that WAS the actual death scene... the writers need to learn how to properly send off a character. They need to AT LEAST explain it in "Knight to King's Pawn" if it was in fact the departure scene. Come on, "Sorry Doc" sounds far too open to me to be a freak accident. Then again, I thought HANK's part would be more important and plot driven than it was.

This had better not end up like the "final episode" of TKR (not that I liked the series, but it should be criminal to end a series like that, really), with Graiman's death up in the air, Michael Sr. and KI2T's fates unknown, etc.

probe2006
Volunteer

Post by probe2006 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 am

i thik he isnt dead either i think this is just a cover so that he can go do some top secret project perhaps. i think he will return sarah will kick his *ss. i think the perfect return episode not that it would happen would be mike sarah zoe and billy would be in serious trouble that ki3k couldnt help them and charles shows up with mike sr and ki2k rebuilt. and charles takes the wheel of ki3k and they save the day. and we would all finaly get our return of ki2k mike sr episode and we would finaly get a ki2k and ki3k tag team

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:08 am

I believe they ended it in typical showtime drama. Leaving a possibility for the characters to return. It builds suspence, and that is what keeps viewers watching.

My theory is I think Torres set up the Dr. The pilot appoligised and next thing you know there was a bomb about to go off. I could be wrong, but what do you guys think?

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:14 am

He was assassinated. He simply knew too much and apparently the only way Torres could start the KARR project back up again was for Graiman's death.

Plain and simple.
Last edited by Faithful Car KRO on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!