is Charles Graiman really dead?? ummm,think bout this

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: is Charles Graiman really dead?? ummm,think bout this

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:15 am

I think we just need to be patient and see what is in store in ep. 17.

By not showing the crash, it of course leaves the door open for Graiman to come back. Even though the movie was retconned, you could say this is Graiman's 2nd death this year...

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:55 am

Maybe Graiman knows of some government conspiracy and its in his best interests to fake his death (something he may have planned all along, but opportunity suddenly arose). He could have bailed out the plane. Gone dark and started illiciting the help of a certain Michael Knight to do some undercover work for him...

He may be revealed in the final episode as alive, as a prelude to introducing the Hoff for season 2. Perhaps a cliffhanger they planned for episode 21...

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:13 pm

I don't mind if he truly is dead- but I want a proper explanation. :\

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:39 pm

ElectricPhantom wrote:I don't mind if he truly is dead- but I want a proper explanation. :\
I agree if he is truly dead NBC shouldn't keep us wondering how and why (in the world of KR not the normal world).
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 pm

I disagree.

Creatively, by not stating either way, they always have a story that they can tell at a later date if they choose to or not. Even if it was written as definitely dead; the way it was shot always lends the possibility, storywise, that the character COULD return.

Making a statement of finality means that ace up the sleeve can never be used.

They might not be thinking of it right now, or it could have always been part of their endgame. Either way, they can always bring him back without having to revert to a Bobby Ewing stretch.

They owe us nothing. In the world of television, all they owe us is great viewing. Saying a statement either way resigns us to a definite, and ruins the possibility of surprise further down the line.

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:44 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:I disagree.

Creatively, by not stating either way, they always have a story that they can tell at a later date if they choose to or not. Even if it was written as definitely dead; the way it was shot always lends the possibility, storywise, that the character COULD return.

Making a statement of finality means that ace up the sleeve can never be used.

They might not be thinking of it right now, or it could have always been part of their endgame. Either way, they can always bring him back without having to revert to a Bobby Ewing stretch.

They owe us nothing. In the world of television, all they owe us is great viewing. Saying a statement either way resigns us to a definite, and ruins the possibility of surprise further down the line.
Although I agree that this leaves the spot open for the character to return at a later date, I'd rather have a definite than an unfortunate cliffhanger if the show is canceled.

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:19 pm

If the show is cancelled it's a different matter. It won't really matter by then either way.

However, it doesn't preclude the fact that he may return in a surpise scene prior to the finale.

Worst case scenario is that they had him return in one of the future episodes they wrote; but did not shoot, AND they get cancelled.

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:47 pm

they should have kept him and Justin and killed the rest

cant belive it

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:54 am

Ok who else knows more about KARRs programming than Graiman
and the fact he dies JUST before the huge KITT vs KARR battle

Graiman's coming back, but for Graiman to fake his own death they
had to convince KITT too, agent Robai will probably be leaving though
leaving Graiman, Michael and KITT perhaps Sarah as the love interest

Torres is dirty and he will be getting found out real soon
Thats how i see it panning out
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

RC-1337
Recruit

Post by RC-1337 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:43 am

Why is Torres treated like a bad guy? He looks clean to me...

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Lynda414 wrote:I wanted to see him more hands on with KITT. Developing new technologies,testing others. Repairing something. Just... something!

Would have cemented his and KITT's relationship a bit more. So that it made more sense for KITT to refer to him as his father.
He created KITT that makes him his father end of story...

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:48 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:I wanted to see him more hands on with KITT. Developing new technologies,testing others. Repairing something. Just... something!

Would have cemented his and KITT's relationship a bit more. So that it made more sense for KITT to refer to him as his father.
He created KITT that makes him his father end of story...
There is a difference between fathering someone, and being a father. Just my opinion...

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Knight Industries Research in the News

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Knight Industries Research in the News

Heading:
CHARLES GRAIMAN, PIONEER IN ROBOTICS, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, DIES IN PLANE CRASH
Article:
Dr. Charles Graiman first made headlines with Hank, his robotic “lab assistant” that represented a true breakthrough in artificial intelligence. In the years since, Dr. Graiman became not only a leader in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence, but also in engineering, propulsion, and the burgeoning science of nanotechnology. Dr. Graiman died in a C-130 cargo plane that crashed into the California desert. According to sources, Dr. Graiman was returning from a research trip when a malfunction caused the plane to explode during landing. An investigation into the exact cause of the explosion is still ongoing, but early indications point to a fuel line rupturing.

At the time of his death, Dr. Graiman was head of Knight Industries Research & Development. He is survived by his daughter, Sarah, not to mention his many intelligent inventions that no doubt feel the loss as well. The fate of all his current projects, as well as the future of Knight Research, is currently unknown.

http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com ... 30aa54508a
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

TwilightPro101
Recruit

Post by TwilightPro101 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:It was left open ended.
Yep, leaving the door for a possible return if the writers/producers so choose.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: Knight Industries Research in the News

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Knight Industries Research in the News

Heading:
CHARLES GRAIMAN, PIONEER IN ROBOTICS, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, DIES IN PLANE CRASH
Article:
Dr. Charles Graiman first made headlines with Hank, his robotic “lab assistant” that represented a true breakthrough in artificial intelligence. In the years since, Dr. Graiman became not only a leader in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence, but also in engineering, propulsion, and the burgeoning science of nanotechnology. Dr. Graiman died in a C-130 cargo plane that crashed into the California desert. According to sources, Dr. Graiman was returning from a research trip when a malfunction caused the plane to explode during landing. An investigation into the exact cause of the explosion is still ongoing, but early indications point to a fuel line rupturing.

At the time of his death, Dr. Graiman was head of Knight Industries Research & Development. He is survived by his daughter, Sarah, not to mention his many intelligent inventions that no doubt feel the loss as well. The fate of all his current projects, as well as the future of Knight Research, is currently unknown.

Awesome piece of info Thx, he might not be dead after all as some suggest interesting...

EDIT: The link requires a password... :|

KnightRider87t/a
Recruit

Post by KnightRider87t/a » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't think Graiman is really dead he probably faked his death

t.b.77b
Operative

Re: Knight Industries Research in the News

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:21 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Faithful Car KRO wrote:Knight Industries Research in the News

Heading:
Article:

Awesome piece of info Thx, he might not be dead after all as some suggest interesting...

EDIT: The link requires a password... :|
Login: devon
Password: bonnie

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:He was assassinated. He simply knew too much and apparently the only way Torres could start the KARR project back up again was for Graiman's death.

Plain and simple.
I don't believe that Torres is particularly a 'baddie' as such, just that his motives were more complicated and he believed he was doing the right thing for 'a greater good...'
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Looking at the clip of Torres in what appears to be KARRs grasp, Torres is not a willing participant in the situation.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:He was assassinated. He simply knew too much and apparently the only way Torres could start the KARR project back up again was for Graiman's death.

Plain and simple.
I don't believe that Torres is particularly a 'baddie' as such, just that his motives were more complicated and he believed he was doing the right thing for 'a greater good...'
Looking at the clip of Torres in what appears to be KARRs grasp, Torres is not a willing participant in the situation.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:06 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:

Plain and simple.
Or maybe being trapped in KARR wasn't part of the plan.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm

A lot of the talk I have read on this topic is stating that Torres may get killed by KARR and he might but in Sue's new behind the scenes video it is stated that KARR really loves Torres so I don't really think that KARR will kill Torres unless he gets in the way but then again it is KARR. :karr:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:02 pm

t.b.77b wrote:A lot of the talk I have read on this topic is stating that Torres may get killed by KARR and he might but in Sue's new behind the scenes video it is stated that KARR really loves Torres so I don't really think that KARR will kill Torres unless he gets in the way but then again it is KARR. :karr:
I think they were joking around when they said that. >_>

Uness you were being sarcastic...

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:31 am

Hey u know what this could be a gr8 cliffhanger if Graiman faked his death just with a few injuries is found by the Hoff nursed back to health & Gramin is able to convince the Hoff to rejoin FLAG as the new Devon that would give us a cool 2nd Season. That way we get FLAG a new Devon & if Torres is bad then he can be kicked out or fired from FLAG all his access removed which would make him go rouge for real this time to find some new friends rebuild KARR & take on FLAG.

Or

It could be found that Torres is related to Garth Knight has be stealing top secret data from Knight Industries to rebuild an more powerful GOLIATH.

Just guessing but would make things interesting..