Ratings for "Day Turns Into Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ratings for "Day Turns Into Knight"

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:48 am

KRO, tap into your connections and get NBC rolling the dice here!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:01 am

I think it's going to be very ugly.... AI, season premiere of Lost and to top it off, absolutely zero effort from NBC to promote this episode. But I will say, if the show holds on to its 5M+ viewers then NBC should take that as a good sign. Then get slapped for not doing a damn thing since the show premiered to attract viewers through advertising.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 am

If NBC cancels the show then that would be dumb considering 3rd place is actually excellent for a show of KR's calibre. A lot of you are acting as if you are already mourning it's death and seem to want it to climb higher. It won't happen. Being in the top 3 is what I would call a success rather than a failure!

It is not bombing by any means!

Does a show really have to be no.1 to get a second season? :roll:
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:12 am

Does a show really have to be no.1 to get a second season?
Unfortunately in todays market.... Yes.

Especially figuring in the COST to make the show and the other things associated with it. 3rd place although good is not good enough. To quote the old sports saying, "nobody remembers who won 2nd place".

If you recall TOS had great ratings even in the 4th season. But they cancelled TOS because they knew it was becoming less profitable.

In todays market that's really the name of the game. NBC knight rider could have good ratings but if NBC is investing more into it then they are getting out of it then it's finished. Especially when you can notice that they are not making any real effort to promote the show on their own network. I think that really speaks volumes about the situation.

Like my source said.... That's why everthing is a reality show now..... The networks don't have to put hardly any money into them and they get tons of ratings.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 am

Skav wrote:If NBC cancels the show then that would be dumb considering 3rd place is actually excellent for a show of KR's calibre. A lot of you are acting as if you are already mourning it's death and seem to want it to climb higher. It won't happen. Being in the top 3 is what I would call a success rather than a failure!

The writings on the wall. NBC is behaving contrary to what you'd expect them to do if they had faith in the show. They reduced the episode order. They aren't advertising the KARR episode. They are making statements that KR may or may not be coming back. These aren't things that a network does for a show that is likely to be renewed. I repeat these aren't things that a network does for a show that is likely to be renewed. Heroes immediately comes to mind. During the first season they hyped the crap out of the show's return from hiatus in January. Prison Break is another show that comes to mind. Fox aired a special presentation called "Prison Break: behind the walls" after only 7 episodes in its first season. NBC has aired no KR special and have barely advertised KR's return in January and I've seen nothing on KARR other than the standard upcoming week teaser. You're in denial if you can't see the writing on the wall. For all intents and purposes KR is toast. Just enjoy the remaining episodes.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:35 am

they are not making any real effort to promote the show on their own network. I think that really speaks volumes about the situation
That's key. If NBC isn't providing any commercials for it, not even during NFL playoffs, it appears that they have no intentions of putting any further effort/money into the show. Also KNOW THIS: There are so many people out there who say, "I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT SHOW WAS STILL ON, I THOUGHT IT WAS CANCELED MONTHS AGO!" I hear it all the time from many many different people :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
NBC has aired no KR special and have barely advertised KR's return in January and I've seen nothing on KARR other than the standard upcoming week teaser. You're in denial if you can't see the writing on the wall. For all intents and purposes KR is toast. Just enjoy the remaining episodes.
..............I think you're right :cry: .

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:55 am

DevonStyles wrote:
Does a show really have to be no.1 to get a second season?
Unfortunately in todays market.... Yes.

Especially figuring in the COST to make the show and the other things associated with it. 3rd place although good is not good enough. To quote the old sports saying, "nobody remembers who won 2nd place".
In that case, why make the show to begin with? If I recall correctly, TOS only ever went to no.1 once, beating Dallas. I might be wrong about that though.

Looking at the competition, it was destined to never be number 1 not only due to the shows it is up against but the way the world is today. Audiences are much more smarter than they were in the 80's and they demand much more which is why I think 3rd place is excellent for KR.

Whoever thought this show up to begin with better have a reality check because it seems they may still be living in the 80's if they thought it was going straight to no.1.

If the show was to go to no.1 then it needs to, UNFORTUNATELY, contain all the ingredients that many shows have today inc T&A and lots of violence which is nowhere near to the formula of the original.

That is what people settle for now.

Drawing/beating Lost does speak volumes though. That it can compete with shows that have been on the air for a very long time and that is a great achievement.
Mr.Marcus wrote:
Skav wrote:If NBC cancels the show then that would be dumb considering 3rd place is actually excellent for a show of KR's calibre. A lot of you are acting as if you are already mourning it's death and seem to want it to climb higher. It won't happen. Being in the top 3 is what I would call a success rather than a failure!

The writings on the wall. NBC is behaving contrary to what you'd expect them to do if they had faith in the show. They reduced the episode order. They aren't advertising the KARR episode. They are making statements that KR may or may not be coming back. These aren't things that a network does for a show that is likely to be renewed. I repeat these aren't things that a network does for a show that is likely to be renewed. Heroes immediately comes to mind. During the first season they hyped the crap out of the show's return from hiatus in January. Prison Break is another show that comes to mind. Fox aired a special presentation called "Prison Break: behind the walls" after only 7 episodes in its first season. NBC has aired no KR special and have barely advertised KR's return in January and I've seen nothing on KARR other than the standard upcoming week teaser. You're in denial if you can't see the writing on the wall. For all intents and purposes KR is toast. Just enjoy the remaining episodes.
I agree with you, I am not in denial about the possibility of it's cancellation. I told all my personal friends about it's possibly cancellation and know it doesn't look good.

I am just confused as to why they have a lack of faith. Ratings have climbed, albeit slightly, and is in a pretty strong position, rating wise.

Btw, here is a link to another forum where people's opinions are actually positive on the show:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... 94&page=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please note, the people there do mention seeing the show by "other means", however I just want to point out that the show is being well received elsewhere apart from the States.

C'mon NBC!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Drawing/beating Lost does speak volumes though. That it can compete with shows that have been on the air for a very long time and that is a great achievement.
Not really since it was a rerun that's apparently been shown twice before. The only thing that's likely to save Knight Rider would be a big boost in the ratings but something like, say getting back to 7M viewers which would be a boost in the 18-34/49 demos. But of course with NBC doing ZERO promotion, that's probably not going to happen.

Poor direction aside, NBC basically is setting the show up for failure with not putting anything behind it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:57 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:NBC basically is setting the show up for failure with not putting anything behind it.
NBC is basically asking for KR to get cancelled! And people are asking for "reality".CSI sure does have a lot of that stuff.As if real life crime labs have everything in a database, and solve a case in a very short time.That's definitely real.And also reality shows are VERY real too!NOT!Some of that stuff is scripted.And if NBC cancels KR, they get rid of the ONLY REASON I watch NBC, because I rarely get time to watch TV, and I squeeze time out of my day on Wednesdays to watch KR.

Good job NBC, you're definitely helping KR when it comes to getting cancelled.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9