Live Discussion - Day Turns Into Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mathyus
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Day Turns Into Knight

Post by Mathyus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I thought it was KARRs yellow scanner. I also thought it was KARRs rear plate on the car racing down that hallway. I also like how KITT changed his plate in this episode.
End of line program... -MCP-

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Blarg, I should specify. I mean the car shown after they show Kitt, the car that goes into a mini fish tail. I'm sure the first car they show is Karr though. And I can't see the license plate, video est small -pout- Gah, is it Wednesday yet!? lol
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:32 pm

how carrie going leave is she going die to or just go home or something kind lost there.i really thought that guy was going say it takes one man to make a differnce.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 pm

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwnjGSCDrQk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:38 pm

kittxthexcat wrote:Blarg, I should specify. I mean the car shown after they show Kitt, the car that goes into a mini fish tail. I'm sure the first car they show is Karr though. And I can't see the license plate, video est small -pout- Gah, is it Wednesday yet!? lol
Now that I have watched it on YouTube, I think that was KARR you were talking about.
End of line program... -MCP-

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 pm

I thought this was one of the best acted episodes, and the action was very seamless and believable. It really pulled you in. A great episode!

I didn't mind Mike with the darker edge--I think it added some much-needed 'weight' to his character. He's SUPPOSED to be bad-ass. Certainly what happened with Carrie and Graimen was not the greatest, but if it had to happen, I thought it was well handled. Well directed--none of the awkward set pieces we've seen in many other episodes. Nice job all around.

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 pm

The writers successfully made the audience care about Graiman dying. It's a shame that they finally (in the last two episodes) found the right formula and balance for all the characters, just in time to dump them. I saw more emotion and acting from Carrie and Charles in the last two episodes than in the whole season so far. I personally wish they had killed off Sarah instead of Charles. It would have really solidified Mike as having no one but KITT and left Charles to run the foundation. Opportunity missed I say, but I still enjoyed the last two episodes a lot. Here's hoping next week lives up to the hype.

In regards to Mike using a gun... I always liked how in the original Michael Knight never used guns. To me it feels out of place for Michael Knight to be shooting people, but at least it was well shot and intense. Obviously some of you think it works so might just be me.

The turbo boost, to me, was as bad or worse than the one in the first episode. It looked terribly fake, and I really dislike the blue fire effect they used, it took me out of the chase. The turbo boost remains the thing that still needs improvement in this show. Even the one last week was decent enough. It seriously needs to "WHOOSH" sound effect from the original, or at least SOME sound effect.

Anyone else notice at the begining scene on the chat between mike and the ssc the effects they used on the screen and the sound effect was reminisant of how it was in the original show? I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the return of the "KNIGHT" license plate after the SSC is gone. :)

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Yay Neps!

omg you can't be serious...if you watch it in HD, and pause it when Mike's about to hit the button, you can clearly see the NBC peacock on the computer screen behind him XD And the license plate is still blurry, oh well. Taillights look more like the 2010 though.
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:49 pm

lunchmeat wrote:I liked the episode - overall, it wasn't bad. I don't believe it was as good as the first episode in this mini-arc, though.

I didn't expect to see Carrie make a return - it almost didn't make sense. The explosion from the last episode seemed to obliterate the warehouse entirely - I expected Carrie to be vaporized in the blast, but she returns with little more than an rib in jury? I mean, I understand the severity of her injury, but after being caught in a HUGE explosion, I'd expect that to be the least of her worries (the biggest worry being, well, death).

Umm Just FYI but not even in nuclear events there is much vaporization occuring and much less with conventional explosives. Annd how a person is affected during a blast depends largely on where that person is located during that particular blast or blasts. Given the fact that she was not torn to pieces by flying shrapnel tells us she must hav hid behind a column or something like that which prevented her from being roasted and torn to shreds by flying debris and the hot gases from the explosion but could not protect her from the collapsing building hence her injuries.
lunchmeat wrote:I did like the fact that she contributed to the plotline with the Valdor thing, and I did like the fact that she was actually still alive at the episode's end, despite the circumstances not making sense. I'd love to see her become a villain - she was sent into a dangerous situation and suffered some serious consequences because the SSC couldn't contact her due to the bubble. She doesn't know that the SSC tried to get through to her - she didn't know about Mike and the bomb situation. She could resent Mike and the SSC for not coming to her aid, and this could twist into something worse over time because of her being out of commission. I dunno - I think it'd be interesting, but the actress probably won't be back on the show, so...
We'll see I for one like her!
lunchmeat wrote:I loved the turbo boost and the entire opening scene. Great stuff. Turbo boost was seriously awesome and I loved the landing with the sparks from KI3T's underside.
That was indeed classical Woot! :mrgreen: :good: :mrgreen:

lunchmeat wrote:I loved KI3T's line to Sarah at the end: "Sarah....our father is dead." It had a delayed impact on me.
That line was very poignant indeed! :cry:
lunchmeat wrote:Mike.....near the end of the episode, he shoots a lot of people (which at first kind of bothered me, but given the severity of the situation and the urgency, it made sense and I accept it) but I don't know, I'd maybe like to see an episode sometime (maybe in season 2, if by some miracle it comes) that addresses Mike's seeming nonchalance to killing. I understand that he's a soldier, but I don't really like his attitude to killing - it almost seemed as though he was enjoying himself as he did it. (Although, really, this theme was present through the entire episode, with Mike loving the thrill, so maybe it was just part of that...) I also thought that Mike was a little crass when leaving Sarah with the bomb, and I'm not really sensitive to that kind of stuff, so I was surprised. When KI3T said "Mike, I need to talk to you," I was actually hoping that KI3T would reprimand Mike for his actions!

I didn't really mind this - it was his attitude to the whole thing that I didn't like. I can tolerate him being detached from killing; he's a soldier. But I don't know - he seemed as though he was maybe enjoying himself? I could be wrong. I probably am....but I guess I just got that vibe near the end. I think it was the line "they let me shoot the bad guys". It was a joke, but it almost seemed true.

But hey....overall, it was a pretty thrilling episode, and I enjoyed myself watching it. Next week is gonna rock!

Yes indeed I did not mind at all that Mike dispatched the bad guys in that fashion, it was a do or die situation. I know a llot of people will probably raise hell over this but having family in the military and in the police gives you and understanding that people that oppose this at any cost cannot and will not ever comprehend...

And I too did not like at all Mike leaving Sarah with that deadman trigger alone to fend for herself until the cavalry arrived. It did seem heartless especially considering that she was his sweetheart at one point...

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 pm

I think Charle's death was unexpected.
I too would have liked to see him face Karr.
Kind of meeting a errant child.
I wished it could have been Torres instead.
Carrie suffered the worse fate.
Being told she'll never work in the field again.
Almost worst than death for her.
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:52 pm

lunchmeat wrote:I liked the episode - overall, it wasn't bad. I don't believe it was as good as the first episode in this mini-arc, though.

I didn't expect to see Carrie make a return - it almost didn't make sense. The explosion from the last episode seemed to obliterate the warehouse entirely - I expected Carrie to be vaporized in the blast, but she returns with little more than an rib in jury? I mean, I understand the severity of her injury, but after being caught in a HUGE explosion, I'd expect that to be the least of her worries (the biggest worry being, well, death).

Umm Just FYI but not even in nuclear events there is much vaporization occuring and much less with conventional explosives. Annd how a person is affected during a blast depends largely on where that person is located during that particular blast or blasts. Given the fact that she was not torn to pieces by flying shrapnel tells us she must hav hid behind a column or something like that which prevented her from being roasted and torn to shreds by flying debris and the hot gases from the explosion but could not protect her from the collapsing building hence her injuries.
lunchmeat wrote:I did like the fact that she contributed to the plotline with the Valdor thing, and I did like the fact that she was actually still alive at the episode's end, despite the circumstances not making sense. I'd love to see her become a villain - she was sent into a dangerous situation and suffered some serious consequences because the SSC couldn't contact her due to the bubble. She doesn't know that the SSC tried to get through to her - she didn't know about Mike and the bomb situation. She could resent Mike and the SSC for not coming to her aid, and this could twist into something worse over time because of her being out of commission. I dunno - I think it'd be interesting, but the actress probably won't be back on the show, so...
We'll see I for one like her!
lunchmeat wrote:I loved the turbo boost and the entire opening scene. Great stuff. Turbo boost was seriously awesome and I loved the landing with the sparks from KI3T's underside.
That was indeed classical Woot! :mrgreen: :good: :mrgreen:

lunchmeat wrote:I loved KI3T's line to Sarah at the end: "Sarah....our father is dead." It had a delayed impact on me.
That line was very poignant indeed! :cry:
lunchmeat wrote:Mike.....near the end of the episode, he shoots a lot of people (which at first kind of bothered me, but given the severity of the situation and the urgency, it made sense and I accept it) but I don't know, I'd maybe like to see an episode sometime (maybe in season 2, if by some miracle it comes) that addresses Mike's seeming nonchalance to killing. I understand that he's a soldier, but I don't really like his attitude to killing - it almost seemed as though he was enjoying himself as he did it. (Although, really, this theme was present through the entire episode, with Mike loving the thrill, so maybe it was just part of that...) I also thought that Mike was a little crass when leaving Sarah with the bomb, and I'm not really sensitive to that kind of stuff, so I was surprised. When KI3T said "Mike, I need to talk to you," I was actually hoping that KI3T would reprimand Mike for his actions!

I didn't really mind this - it was his attitude to the whole thing that I didn't like. I can tolerate him being detached from killing; he's a soldier. But I don't know - he seemed as though he was maybe enjoying himself? I could be wrong. I probably am....but I guess I just got that vibe near the end. I think it was the line "they let me shoot the bad guys". It was a joke, but it almost seemed true.

But hey....overall, it was a pretty thrilling episode, and I enjoyed myself watching it. Next week is gonna rock!

Yes indeed I did not mind at all that Mike dispatched the bad guys in that fashion, it was a do or die situation. I know a llot of people will probably raise hell over this but having family in the military and in the police gives you and understanding that people that oppose this at any cost cannot and will not ever comprehend...

And I too did not like at all Mike leaving Sarah with that deadman trigger alone to fend for herself until the cavalry arrived. It did seem heartless especially considering that she was his sweetheart at one point...

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:17 pm

kittxthexcat wrote:-just happened to think- Maybe he wanted to save the plane because of Hank? I don't know, I don't really remember him saying why he stayed on the plane O.o

I just wanna know if that preview show Karr in 'stang form! There's one part where the scanner looks either dark yellow or orange red. I can't tell if it's supposed to be Karr or it's just Kitt turning a wierd color because of the angle >.<
The way Charles died bothered me too. It seemed like he had a 'normal' death, in a plane crash. However, the last scene we see of him is a blinking light and his worried face. I do wonder if KARR is, somehow, responsible for that light and the explosion. It would seem fitting that Charles would die flying the plane to KARR, to try and stop him or something.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:34 pm

OMG!!! This was a GREAT episode. I missed the first ten min. can anybody tell me what happened? When Michael says its show time, I would all but bet the house that is when Mike, Sara, Zoe, and Billy go and get KITT.

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 pm

i think the way both of these characters went out, gave the show openings for them to come back. i think if theres a third season, i wouldn't be surprised if both of them came back. carrie can just help out on a mission, not on the field, and graiman can come back with amnesia or something, and he's been trapped on an island. especially if theres an out pour to see graiman, and especially if the show gets picked up for a second season.

Igniitus
Stranger

Post by Igniitus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 pm

First Post! No longer a lurker am I....

If you freeze frame the teaser trailer, you can plainly see that:

-Torres is the Man standing as KARR exits the Curtain
-As they flash KITTS scanner during that scene, it is Yellow

aaaaaaaand...

If you really look, at the THIRD flash of KARR emerging from the curtain, the yellow KARR version of the KI3T scanner is on his "Head."

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 am

I actually like the blue flames in that turbo boost - for me, it gave the shot the necessary oomph. I thought it was a nice effect and not overdone. People might argue that turbo boost doesn't use rockets or anything, but from what I understand, the original KITT used "retro rockets" to achieve the turbo boost effect. I really don't mind a bit of blue flame out of the side exhaust during a turbo boost, as long as they keep it in a "burst" fashion like this one was (the exhaust fired once, then stopped) and they don't do the zoom-in on the exhaust bit. Basically, I thought it was tasteful.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:16 am

I absolutely loved this episode, even though Graiman had to die. Kitt's comebacks were great and his words to Sarah had me in tears: "Sarah, our father is dead." :cry: Until that moment, it never occured to me that Kitt thought of Charles as his father and thinks of Sarah as his sister. His family... oh no, tears again... :cry: If you look close it seems to me that even Kitt's scanner lights were going a little slower, showing his grief as well. I'm glad it was Mike and Kitt that told her. It made the scene that more poignant.

My favorite lines:

Kitt to Mike in the chemical plant: "Subtle" as Mike goes into the bomb room.

After Sarah asked Kitt what he meant by the landing gear being non-operational: "To put it technical terms, It's gone."

One thing I noticed is how Carrie's father emphasised his disillutionment with the government. You could almost see the wheels of thought turning in Zoe's head as she heard this.

It's too bad they had to blow up Hank too. I was really beginning to like him. Did anyone notice the high five he gave Sarah?

I loved the teaser for next week too. So far, the reboot is turning out the way I was hoping.
Lisa :kittside:

knightrocker82
Volunteer

Post by knightrocker82 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 am

where can i watch the episode online?

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 am

The NBC site should have the complete episode, knightrocket82.

I feel so bad about Charles dying. But I'm looking forward to seeing how the entire SSC takes the news. But I do agree that Carrie can come back...if only to give advice on a mission.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 am

I'm pleasently surprised. This episode was even better than the last!

Seriously, this show just keeps getting better. Why couldn't it have been this way from the beginning?

I'm completely on board with the series now!
One man can make a difference....

knightrocker82
Volunteer

Post by knightrocker82 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 am

its not on the nbc video site yet, last week's episode is the only one we can watch .

knightrocker82
Volunteer

Post by knightrocker82 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:45 am

how soon does it get posted btw? any other sites to watch or nbc reruns on tv?

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:47 am

None that I know of. I'm still waiting to see the episode where Mike gets poisoned. Other than that, I've got the whole series on my DVR with strict orders to the family...DO NOT TOUCH!!!!!
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

SacValleyDweller
Recruit

Post by SacValleyDweller » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:48 am

In universe:

Hits
:shock: Ki3t's line calling Charles "our father" when speaking to Sarah. Ki3t, a machine, sees her as a sister.
:mrgreen: Ki3t guiding Mike through the plant telling him where the baddies are
:arrow: The team work: Sarah sneaks up behind nutcase whilst he's distracted with Mike.
:arrow: Zoe being serious
:D neglected HANK from last Ep is the hero, if only for a moment
:twisted: The snarky villain you love to hate getting what's coming to him

Strikes:
:x Killing Charles. This was also a double "damn it" because I try to steer clear of any spoilers, but I tripped over a land mine in the thread for last weeks Ep saying that Charles would die eventualy.

Meta things
Hits:
Great pacing, keeping the suspense up all throughout the Ep. :good:
Very well acted complete with tears in the right places! :good:

Lotta CGI, first time seeing it in HD (maybe it was that), didn't quite mesh with the real stuff (turbo bost included).

But realy the CGI critique is small potatoes when compared with the important stuff of Acting and Writing.

And Mr Ravvai portrayed by Richard Roundtree, known to me as Charles Deveaux, thought he looked familiar.

Overall: 9/10! :good:
--SVD
(-
=)

HanzenRider
Volunteer

Post by HanzenRider » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 am

Wonderful... simply wonderful!

About Charles' death... Im okay with how they did it without showing...its a glimmer chance that he might have escaped the explosion and go back into hiding like he did when KI2T was first created. Charles could come back in a special episode where KITT might be destroyed or need to be rebuilt in some fashion kinda like JUNKYARD DOG episode in the TOS. With how they did it, anything is possible. Just keep that in mind.

Other than that, im so looking forward to KARR and I hope its the same KARR we know from TOS. If it is, then God bless Knight Rider 2008!!!!
:good:
:kitt2:
HanzenRider