Old/New Knight Rider cars at Cincinnati car show (56K)

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

palsut
Volunteer

Old/New Knight Rider cars at Cincinnati car show (56K)

Post by palsut » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 am

Hello, it has been while I have been post like 2 years ago or whenever. :wink: I don't know if you have seen mustang in person before. I never seen both cars in person so it is my first time since it is not lot of Knight Ridger around Ohio.

Last weekend, I found nice Knight Rider cars.

I know it is fake dash. :(

Mustang

Mustang scanner video

I hope you enjoying it.

vespurrs
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Old/New Knight Rider cars at Cincinnati car show (56K)

Post by vespurrs » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:42 am

I was there also. I think you got better pics than I did - the lighting there was AWFUL. I still need to get mine downloaded and cleaned up.

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Wow, as an original KI2T replica owner, and am now working on the new KI3T, those cars are pretty terrible. I guess the average person would not know the difference, but there are so many things wrong with both of those cars!! You would think they would at least get the new KI3T right...

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm guessing that was the World of Wheels show?

krfan1

palsut
Volunteer

Post by palsut » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 pm

kitt2k wrote:Wow, as an original KI2T replica owner, and am now working on the new KI3T, those cars are pretty terrible. I guess the average person would not know the difference, but there are so many things wrong with both of those cars!! You would think they would at least get the new KI3T right...
I agree. When I arrived and saw body from rear. I just like hmmm that's nice but don't like white letter on tire. I guess that's better than nothing. I took peek inside and saw fake. I just like eww that's not real. Then I walk around to see front. It has red plastic something cover it. It was horrible. This car is from Tennessee from this plate. I will go to Indianapolis car show on Feb. 14th. They will have Knight Rider again. Maybe hopefully I see other real car if possible. If it is same car then oh well but I'm car guy. I love to see more cars around.
krfan1 wrote:I'm guessing that was the World of Wheels show?

krfan1
Yes, but we have 3 names. World of Wheels, Autorama and Cavalcade of Custom. Cincinnati, Ohio is Cavalcade of Custom.

There is link if you want to see Ford Mustang or Pontiac Tran Am near to you. It will be everywhere this year on weekend.

http://www.autorama.com/casi/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:11 am

When you went there did you know the KITT cars would be there? Because i looking at the schedule & when it comes my way on Feb. 6 to Pittsburgh it doesnt say anything about KITT. I wonder if the KR exibit is traveling with or was this just a one time thing. Is there anyway i could find out because i dont want to go take the drive & waste the money if the KITTs arent going to be there!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 pm

The KITT's are at most, but not all shows. Palsut, you had excellent timing. I posted a thread about the WoW on the 13th, and you had pics for us on the 14th :D

I have a thread already with all the upcoming dates of the shows KITTs will be appearing at:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did people have to pay to have their picture taken with the KITTs (like Bumble Bee and Lightning McQueen last year)?

krfan1

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:04 pm

The new KITT is also supposed to be featured at the Carl Casper Auto Show in Louisville, KY Feb 20-22. There is no mention of the original though. http://www.carlcasper.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I really hope that is not the same cars they will have there, but it most likely will be since that banner says Carl Casper Hollywood Productions. That is NOT the same original KITT that was on display at the Carl Casper show in 2002 which is kept at the Kruise Museum in Auburn, IN. I was really hoping they were going to bring that car to Louisville again this year along side the Mustang. The Trans Am they are touring with is dissapointing. That car has an old Custom Electronics bumper, old Louisell Dash and Gullwing. The lower console is not even close. Granted, 99% of the public doesn't know or care, but that car is a poorly made replica. For the love of Pete, could someone take a flat blade screwdriver and tuck the driver's side door panel fabric under the top trim...I mean really how long would that take? I'm going to be looking for that in Louisville and take a huge picture if that fabric is still hanging out. That's rediculous.lol I plan on taking several pics in Louisville and I will report back here with what they have there, but I'll bet it's going to be the same cars.

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

palsut
Volunteer

Post by palsut » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:22 am

GarthKnight08 wrote:When you went there did you know the KITT cars would be there? Because i looking at the schedule & when it comes my way on Feb. 6 to Pittsburgh it doesnt say anything about KITT. I wonder if the KR exibit is traveling with or was this just a one time thing. Is there anyway i could find out because i dont want to go take the drive & waste the money if the KITTs arent going to be there!
As I went this website for Cincinnati and Indianapolis for 3 years. I looked at it for you. Sorry, there is no KITT in your area. :( It is on other state.
krfan1 wrote:The KITT's are at most, but not all shows. Palsut, you had excellent timing. I posted a thread about the WoW on the 13th, and you had pics for us on the 14th :D

I have a thread already with all the upcoming dates of the shows KITTs will be appearing at:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did people have to pay to have their picture taken with the KITTs (like Bumble Bee and Lightning McQueen last year)?

krfan1
My bad. I thought it is all Knight Rider cars in any states on the weekend. No problem. I figure it is good pictures but of course both cars are not "perfect".

Yes, they have to pay for take picture with both cars like Bumble Bee, Lightning, and Speed Racer. I don't know how much it cost. I just took pictures of them when people are done with photo lol

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:40 am

it is nice to see both kitts together , now if we can get them to do a episode with the both of them :good:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:11 am

FASTKNIGHT wrote:it is nice to see both kitts together , now if we can get them to do a episode with the both of them :good:
I agree :D

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:18 am

I will be trying to make this when it gets to Detroit, MI in March. I am in Toledo, OH, so that will be the closest one to me. We used to have an Auto-Rama here he, but have not in a few years. That is where I first met Mr. Barris. I had him sign an Ertl 1:64 scale KITT from 1982 still on the card. He was a very nice guy. He also signed a pic of him with his Batmobiles. IT has been a while sine anything Knight Rider has been around here, or at least that I have known of. I know that the cars are not great, but I am just happy to see something getting around about this new show.
End of line program... -MCP-

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:33 pm

It doesn't look like anything with KI3T is incorrect at all.

The video clip of the expo has Val doing his voice of KI3T marketing the show for NBC, just like KI2T did when on expo runs in the 80's.....Here, let me put both links back to back :)

80's KITT's presentation sample reintroduced at a 2007 expo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gy9tVRmIy4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today's KITT presentation sample (that I wish the people at the show would have gotten closer to him so we could actually hear him): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMGiM15L4lk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OverKnight
Volunteer

Post by OverKnight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:43 am

Saw all the same KITT's myself in Saint Paul.

The KI300 was beautiful... The KI2000 was a pretty sad makeup of the real KITT. Decals instead of lights on the dash. Oh well, still fun to visit and look at!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:39 am

FASTKNIGHT wrote:it is nice to see both kitts together , now if we can get them to do a episode with the both of them :good:
that would a dream came true my friend 8) Image :kitt: