broseph?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

J_Spaced
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: broseph?

Post by J_Spaced » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:00 am

I like that, as with most slang, brosef has absolutely no real meaning at all. The urbandictionary seems to suggest it could mean both a well loved person and a very much hated person.

Marvellous, spiffing and absolutely cock-a-hoop.

I believe that KITT saying things like "I got this", "brosef" and "that's how we roll", really parodies the slang terms.

Mike makes himself sound like he's 12 using words like "dude". But then, I'm the guy who can't resist saying "Awwwww!" as if presented with a baby whenever I see skater-dude-people types. Well they're so cute! With their battered skateboards and short trousers and little bits of leather and chain and all that sort of thing. It's adorable, even in the thirty-year olds! Saying awwww out loud might get me in trouble one day though.

Funny though, we don't question the Hoff saying "Buddy" all the time, presumably because it was a wider, more ingrained slang term for a friend?

R.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by R.I.T.T. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:11 am

Would be funny if Mike lost KI3T in one episode and yells: Dude, where's my car!

Okay...that would be bad...

*hides*
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:50 am

Buddy I understand. I had to go look up Brosef. So yes, Buddy was more acceptable to me. But KR08 has made me do research... It's a toss-up. I just hope I don't get used to Brosef. It seems like such a weird word to me.

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Lynda414 wrote:Buddy I understand. I had to go look up Brosef. So yes, Buddy was more acceptable to me. But KR08 has made me do research... It's a toss-up. I just hope I don't get used to Brosef. It seems like such a weird word to me.
I had to look up brosef too. When Kitt said that I was so lost.

He hasn't used it since that ep so maybe that's what he forgot after his ordeal in cyberspace :lol:
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Rockatteer wrote:ok thanks for that guys. Obviously the latest slang from the ghettos hasn't reached my corner of the world yet.

Gawd, it's college humor. You think the ghetto could come up with something as clever as broseph?

I think I'll be cringing when KITT starts saying crap like BEEZY or SHIZZLE.