Why Not Put Knight Rider On The Sci-Fi Channel?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

scorbing
Recruit

Why Not Put Knight Rider On The Sci-Fi Channel?

Post by scorbing » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:04 pm

I wonder why they don't simply go to the Sci-Fi channel instead of NBC. I am sure they will have a better chance to make it at Sci-Fi channel than at NBC.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Why Not Put Knight Rider On The Sci-Fi Channel?

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:46 am

NBC owns it and wont allow it. Plus Journeyman also would of benifited from it. but NBC's six sigma policy wont allow it.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:57 am

NBC also owns SciFi channel - so it is a possibility. I think if NBC cancels the show, there could still be other options if parties were capable and willing. Just look at the second lives of Baywatch and Viper. Though that is a different time..

With international countries starting to pick it up, that also helps.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:30 am

I can't afford cable so if they go to the Sci-Fi channel, I'd have to download the episodes instead. That would be sad. I am glad it's not on cable.

Bandit778
Volunteer

Post by Bandit778 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:27 pm

I don't know about the Sci-fi channel thing. I mean look at Sliders. Awesome show with a decent fanbase and when it hit the sci-fi channel they ruined the show completly by changing it up till it was almost unbearable to watch.

scorbing
Recruit

Post by scorbing » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Yeah but look at Battlestar Galactica. I guarantee you it would have been cancelled if it was on NBC or any other major Network, yet it has made it for almost 5 years on the Sci-Fi channel. I think a series like Knight Rider will definately make it on the Sci-Fi channel. They just need to give it a shot. Those who watch the sci-fi channel are exactly that, sci-fi fans and Knight Rider is a science fiction show, and a good one. Sci-Fi channel is the way to go.

Like the man said, look at Baywatch. It failed on NBC but when it transferred to syndication TV it made it big time, for 10 season!!!!! yet it lasted only 1 season at NBC, so should Knight Rider go to syndication TV - I say yes.

What do you think?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:38 pm

True but the changes to Sliders was something that was started by the suits at Fox with season three. Sci-Fi just went and screwed it up more but the damage was already done. Then there was the "wonderful" politics at Fox and Sci-Fi that did even more damage....

The thing with Sci-Fi is that the show's budget would be cut significantly, plus we'd probably end up only getting something like 12-16 episodes a year due to how Sci-Fi, as well as USA work, I'd be surprised if the show would get 22 like BSG apparently has. On the bright side though, the VFX guys would probably get a lot of time to work on stuff, heh. But I'd doubt NBC would let Sci-Fi take it and I doubt Sci-Fi is even interested. They don't even air repeats of NBC shows anymore. Last time I remember that happening was with the early episodes of Heroes.

No, it's basically NBC or bust.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: