Ratings for "Don't Stop The Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ratings for "Don't Stop The Knight"

Post by neps » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:25 am

Starting to trickle in:
NBC opened the evening with waiting-to-be canceled Knight Rider at a distant second-place 3.6/ 6 at 8 p.m., followed by a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (#3: 5.2/ 8) and granddaddy parent Law & Order at a second-place 7.1/12 in the overnights at 10 p.m. Fox capped off Wednesday with back-to-back repeats of Bones at an average 4.8/ 7 from 8-9 p.m. Not bad considering those were not original telecasts.
CBS was number one with repeats at 5.5 and 5.0
ABC was number three with repeats of Scrubs for a 3.5/5

This is better than last weeks rating of 2.7/5 for "Knight Fever" (viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=13267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Before that "Knight of the Zodiac" on 11/19 got a 3.4/5 share with 5.12 million viewers. Dunno .2 increase after not being on the air for 6+ weeks seems positive to me.

Now I'm just curious to see total viewers and demos.

Radicalas
Operative

Re: Ratings for "Don't Stop The Knight"

Post by Radicalas » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 am

"waiting-to-be canceled"?
Ratings is quite good, but i thought it will be better.
Can't wait for viewers.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:54 am

You know, if this show was on the CW or something, we'd all be dancing a jig over this.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Hmm, yeah beating out an episode from a month and a half ago is a positive,. The total viewers and break down of the demos though is going to be interesting to see. Hopefully they can build on it for the next two weeks and on.

NBC IMO is still not doing enough to advertise, they have 13 days to really push the KARR episode hard, if they do then it might be good news but if they don't I think that might indicate that NBC has given up on the show. But they should be happy that it's held steady compared to the ratings from over a month ago and even improved slightly. It's still not good to be a distant second to a Bones rerun and KR is going to be dealing to be dealing with the American Idol monster soon.. IF the rating can hold on and even still improve then, we'll really have a good sign but the ratings have to be higher in the key demos to attract those advertising dollars. I just noticed that I don't recall seeing a single videogame related commercial, at all during the commercial breaks for this show. What's up with that? A strong demo in men should bring interest in that and while the 18-34 demos aren't the best it should at least attract some advertising.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:19 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Hmm, yeah beating out an episode from a month and a half ago is a positive,. The total viewers and break down of the demos though is going to be interesting to see. Hopefully they can build on it for the next two weeks and on.

NBC IMO is still not doing enough to advertise, they have 13 days to really push the KARR episode hard, if they do then it might be good news but if they don't I think that might indicate that NBC has given up on the show. But they should be happy that it's held steady compared to the ratings from over a month ago and even improved slightly. It's still not good to be a distant second to a Bones rerun and KR is going to be dealing to be dealing with the American Idol monster soon.. IF the rating can hold on and even still improve then, we'll really have a good sign but the ratings have to be higher in the key demos to attract those advertising dollars. I just noticed that I don't recall seeing a single videogame related commercial, at all during the commercial breaks for this show. What's up with that? A strong demo in men should bring interest in that and while the 18-34 demos aren't the best it should at least attract some advertising.
I agree come on NBC you have 2 huge studios one in NY and the other in LA. Most of the stuff in times square is LED/LCD TV's so I dont wanna hear any crap about cost. At least re-hash some used footage to make people say hmmm i should check it out. Use times square and Hollywood BLVD or something.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:43 pm

We'll take what we can get....Zap2It reports a slightly higher 3.7/6 for last night's episode:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ra ... 7192.story

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:48 pm

I saw it a little differently on zap2it. It said the CBS comedies were number 1, Bones #2 and KR #3. I hope we can at least win our male demo!But let's be honest here, Knight Rider get about the same ratings as Heroes and Chuck do and it's a year one show and still trying to gain more of an audience. We're still rebounding from the Obama special. I agree that if this number increases at all next week...even by .1 when it's up against AI then I see no reason why NBC can't renew it. It'll never be a #1 show on this night. There's way too much competition from Dancing with The Starts first an then American Idol pretty much right afterwards! Any show they put in the timeslot will probably have the same problem. They don't have a lot of hits this season.

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm

From Zap2it:

"Reruns of "The New Adventures of Old Christine," 5.3/9, and "Gary Unmarried," 4.7/7, put CBS on top at 8 p.m. A "Bones" repeat, 4.3/7, finished second for FOX. "Knight Rider" earned a 3.7/6 for NBC, topping reruns of ABC's "Scrubs" premiere. The debut of "13 - Fear Is Real" on The CW put up a not very scary 1.4/2."

6 million viewers? This is pretty good... If NBC sees an uptick in ratings, we're almost guaranteed a season 2.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Early estimates on viewership is 5.70m viewers - up from 5.12 from KotZ

Scrubs has 4.5m viewers

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:17 pm

neps wrote:Early estimates on viewership is 5.70m viewers - up from 5.12 from KotZ

Scrubs has 4.5m viewers
So what's your felling on this Neps good or bad???

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Joe Huth wrote:We'll take what we can get....Zap2It reports a slightly higher 3.7/6 for last night's episode:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ra ... 7192.story

Joe
Well, that SOUNDS better, anyway...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Yeah, I saw they were up in total viewers, that's good though we need more in the two main demos! :D The suits should be at least a little happy with the nearly 600k boost in viewers with such little promotion. Imagine if NBC put some real effort into it. It's not about having "must see TV" it's about make it so by advertising and catching people's interest with promotion..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Would be nice if the show was premiered in England to get more interest in too. Really want to see rest of it, really enjoyed Episode 1 from vacation in Florida. :)

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:53 pm

i know this may be a difficult question to answer, but what is needed for knight rider to stay on the air?
Ice rider coming 2009

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Better ratings, specifically in the 18-44 and 18-49 demos. Hopefully they'll continue to rise.. AI is going to be a huge test and potential roadblock though.

Their going up in total views as much as they did over an episode that aired over a month ago is a good thing, but they have to probably keep rising to something higher to get NBC to stick with it, not to mention Ford's money.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:52 pm

American Idol is just the really boring and drawn out results show though right? If that's all it is kids are gonna sit down in front of the TV to watch AI but end up flipping to KR... Even when I was into AI I couldn't sit through those results shows.. "We'll find out.. right after the break." No we wont Ryan! Ahhhhhh!!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:You know, if this show was on the CW or something, we'd all be dancing a jig over this.
I'm afraid that CBS is the only network that does better then any other network out there.It seem' like everybody tune' in on CBS no matter what. :kitt:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 pm

I always had a theory about how Knight Rider would have been on other channels. Like FOX: Perfect show, cult hit, fans love it, canceled during the first season. Or CW: 17 year old Mike Knight discovers a talking supercar in Dr. Graiman's shed, fights crime, biggest dilema is who to take to prom.

>_< Yeah, I am demented.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:12 pm

American Idol is just the really boring and drawn out results show though right? If that's all it is kids are gonna sit down in front of the TV to watch AI but end up flipping to KR... Even when I was into AI I couldn't sit through those results shows.. "We'll find out.. right after the break." No we wont Ryan! Ahhhhhh!!
I think after the "Audition Round" episodes it is but the first coupel weeks of even the Results shows get HUGE Ratings cause everyone wants to see who gets voted off. After the number of contestantts dwindles after a fwew weeks I could see them fliopping back and forth between other shows but for the first few weeks they'll pretty much watch for the whole 2 hours to see who stays and who goes.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 pm

17 year old Mike Knight discovers a talking supercar in Dr. Graiman's shed, fights crime, biggest dilema is who to take to prom.
That's funny but it is probably exactly how The CW would handle the series! But then agani everyone balked at them doing that with Smallville and look what happened there. It's been their biggest hit.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Here is the official release on last night:
At 8 p.m., KNIGHT RIDER (1.6/5 in 18-49, 5.7 million viewers overall) is currently #1 in the time period among the broadcast networks in men 18-34 and tied for #1 in men 18-49.
That's key right there. They aren't num 1 in 18-34 demo (cause that contains women), but in the Male demo, the demo that buys the cars, the electronics - we're number 1, and usually are.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Knight316 wrote:
17 year old Mike Knight discovers a talking supercar in Dr. Graiman's shed, fights crime, biggest dilema is who to take to prom.
That's funny but it is probably exactly how The CW would handle the series! But then agani everyone balked at them doing that with Smallville and look what happened there. It's been their biggest hit.
I don't talk about Smallville much, I know its a huge hit, but it's all kinds of wrong. I've been a superman fan since I was five, that's my problem. In order to enjoy Smallville, you have to kind of ignore all other superman canon, which would be me forgetting the last twenty years of my life. >_<

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Smallville use to drive me crazy and still does sometimes but it's more on how poorly characters have been handled, especially Clark. The best way to watch it is to just flat out ignore the comic canon and remember that it's more or less an Else World story.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:32 pm

That's key right there. They aren't num 1 in 18-34 demo (cause that contains women), but in the Male demo, the demo that buys the cars, the electronics - we're number 1, and usually are.
It's definately a plus that we get the #1 in that Demo but the question is do the network execs actually care about that demo? Or do they pretty much strickly say if it doesn't do well in the 18-49 demo it's as good as gone?

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:57 pm

neps wrote:Here is the official release on last night:
At 8 p.m., KNIGHT RIDER (1.6/5 in 18-49, 5.7 million viewers overall) is currently #1 in the time period among the broadcast networks in men 18-34 and tied for #1 in men 18-49.
That looks really good! To me, it sounds like the almost 6 million viewers is up a bunch (IMHO) from the last few weeks.
I can't tell, but has NBC been doing a good enough job promoting the show? Cause somehow word got out to watch!
Here's to next week! :kitt:
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507