Ratings for "Don't Stop The Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ratings for "Don't Stop The Knight"

Post by neps » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Knight316 wrote:It's definately a plus that we get the #1 in that Demo but the question is do the network execs actually care about that demo? Or do they pretty much strickly say if it doesn't do well in the 18-49 demo it's as good as gone?
I believe so. Advertisers find that Men tend to buy more high ticket items, so...

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Plus Gary said that that demo was KR target audience so I believe that KR being #1 in that demo continuously is what might very well be keeping the show alive.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:02 am

It might help a bit if NBC put reruns of Knight Fever and Don't Stop The Knight so we can see if people will be interested to see it. Who knows maybe they missed them in the first place because of the lack of promotion. Hopefully after the KARR arc is complete, word of mouth will be strong enough to invite those people who haven't watched the arc to watch the reruns of the KARR arc (maybe make it a marathon or something). That way we can really gauge the demographics and viewerships of Knight Rider.

(CMIIW, but as far as I can remember the backdoor pilot got good/better ratings when it was rerun)
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

ronni3
Operative

dont stop the knight demographic ratings....

Post by ronni3 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:07 pm

i found this...hope it tells you a more comprehensive picture...and explain to me whats going on
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... id=14&cs=1
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: dont stop the knight demographic ratings....

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:14 pm

I hate the so called Nielsen ratings as I don't think they reflect a show's true popularity.

t.b.77b
Operative

Re: dont stop the knight demographic ratings....

Post by t.b.77b » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:37 pm

PunkMaister wrote:I hate the so called Nielsen ratings as I don't think they reflect a show's true popularity.
I don't know that much about Nielsen ratings but I do agree.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 am

I was wondering if neps could post a graph again. It seems to me there was a pretty big jump from New Year's Eve to now. I only hope that it continues to climb now that show has greatly improved just like I knew it could :D

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:53 am

It's not Knight Fever's ratings that are important, it's the fact that Don't Stop the Knight had nearly 600,000 more viewers than the episode before the break, Knight of the Zodiac. It's not enough yet, hopefully they either continue to go up or at least don't go down with AI coming back, hopefully enough people are sick of that damn show by now.

NBC has done a terrible job with promotion so far, makes me think they have no confidence in it. Plus they haven't gotten it through to people well enough that these episodes AREN'T the "reboot", just the transitional ones that are leading to the changes. If by this time next week NBC hasn't done a whole lot to advertise the KARR episode that should be taken as a sign.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:33 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:It's not Knight Fever's ratings that are important, it's the fact that Don't Stop the Knight had nearly 600,000 more viewers than the episode before the break, Knight of the Zodiac. It's not enough yet, hopefully they either continue to go up or at least don't go down with AI coming back, hopefully enough people are sick of that damn show by now.

NBC has done a terrible job with promotion so far, makes me think they have no confidence in it. Plus they haven't gotten it through to people well enough that these episodes AREN'T the "reboot", just the transitional ones that are leading to the changes. If by this time next week NBC hasn't done a whole lot to advertise the KARR episode that should be taken as a sign.
I agree. It's just that I would like the "look" of the graph from Knight Fever to now and I hope it continues to rise. If the quality of the show continues to improve as much as it has with this first "transition" episode, then the re-booted Knight Rider is going to be absolutely amazing! I hope they heavily promote the KARR episode as I also do not see very many commercials. To me, the 600,000 more viewers should show NBC that people WANT to like the new Knight Rider. People were just waiting/hoping for the show to improve and in my opinion the improvement has definitely started.