Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Post by CJaguar442 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:15 pm

thanks PhoenixZero :twisted: :good: :karr:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:21 am

Just caught it thanks to nbc.com.

One of the things that I enjoyed was a small aspect of the overall show but one that just stood out to me. It was the stuff with Mike telling Olara that he's going to save her even while the villain is mocking him for it. In modern pop-culture entertainment I think so much effort into making our action heroes "badass" we forget about making them heroes. So I enjoyed seeing that display of compassion from Mike combined with a heroic determination. What can I say, that's just cool to me.

I thought the show was paced really well and had a pretty good balance of action humor. Obviously this one leans a bit more serious than some of the others. I could really handle a nice distribution of this style with some of the better lighter episodes we've seen.

The new intro- I thought it was good though if I have one gripe it's that the name "Knight Rider" appears over a shot of KITT getting blown up in truck form which may not be the most inspiring shot to have the shows name over. Just sayin.

Turbo Boost-Niiiice. Not to mention I noticed that it was rather old school in that it wasn't terribly flashy, just push the button (excuse me, verbal command)! then boom! he's up and he's over!

KiTT/Mike interaction- This was a good episode for that I thought. Mike and KITT were really clicking together in a way that is worthy of their predecessors. It was funny but also showed how the work together well.

Cliffhanger-I gotta see the next one and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go especially once the cast is trimmed down a bit.

SacValleyDweller
Recruit

Post by SacValleyDweller » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 am

less than a day left till the next ep!
--SVD
(-
=)

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:09 am

KamenRider wrote:The new intro- I thought it was good though if I have one gripe it's that the name "Knight Rider" appears over a shot of KITT getting blown up in truck form which may not be the most inspiring shot to have the shows name over.
That might be an ever so subtle message to all the fans who dislike the transforming into a truck idea.. ;)
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 am

Rockatteer wrote:
KamenRider wrote:The new intro- I thought it was good though if I have one gripe it's that the name "Knight Rider" appears over a shot of KITT getting blown up in truck form which may not be the most inspiring shot to have the shows name over.
That might be an ever so subtle message to all the fans who dislike the transforming into a truck idea.. ;)
I thought that was the best vfx/stunt done on KITT. I loved how it looks like hes trying to keep himself straight so he lands on his wheels. Very nice camera angle and timing. I'm not for the transformations but I'm not against then either when they look that good.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:09 pm

arhskr81 wrote:what if Dr.G does not really die, remember in the movie he was in hiding, what if he goes back into hiding b/c he knows that Torres is going to reactivate KARR, and decides to remake KI3T into the 2010 mustang or something like that.
That's what I reckon should happen, rather than him being truly killed off. This guy's supposed to be a genius, so it shouldn't be too hard to fake his death.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:23 pm

the original KITT wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tzaFLI9wnPI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I agree TOS theme tune was far superior - this is one of my fave variations: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VujEUOxx8tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the KR08 theme tune is still has the intro based on the original, but it can't hold its own like TOS can.

If they can work on it, they could make it better.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:45 pm

What the hell, this is a new show with a new theme. The old theme shouldnt be used, thats just stupid. Besides, the new one kicks the old one's ass.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:What the hell, this is a new show with a new theme. The old theme shouldnt be used, thats just stupid. Besides, the new one kicks the old one's ass.
dont go there brother you will open pandoras box :twisted: :karr:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwU_JuFxuiU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's BY FAR the best use for the new theme. -melts- Seriously, it's an awesome, awesome vid. Makes me actually like the new theme more than the old one!
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:15 am

kittxthexcat wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwU_JuFxuiU

That's BY FAR the best use for the new theme. -melts- Seriously, it's an awesome, awesome vid. Makes me actually like the new theme more than the old one!
That was AWESOME! I don't think TOS theme would work with the new show, but the new show's theme sure could work with TOS! That was an awesome video! :kittside:
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:21 am

Yeah, there's some vids on youtube that are the new theme sequence with the old music and honestly, it's rather terrible. Makes it seem wwwaaayyyy cheesy. Dare I say, way 80's? lol.
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"