Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ontario Knight
Operative

Re: Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Lexicon wrote:Got two new shots of KARR at the end. One of him revealing himself to Torres and another of him taking a swipe at KITT.
I couldn't see that on my TV since I am in Canada.

Any chance that the preview could be placed on KR online or youtube.....

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:13 pm

It definitely appears they've been listening to our opinions here. I do believe that if they went a little old school with the Turbo Boosts they would look better. What I mean is they should show KITT jumping from directly overhead, like TOS did with the model cars, that would probably work, instead of trying too much. But at least we got Turbo Boosts tonight.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Was it just me or was the transformation....different?
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Same music, re-done sequence of visuals, some from before and quite a few new ones.

Also, I'm not saying that every episode needs to be but it was GREAT how focused the storytelling was this time on the story-at-hand and the pacing was as good as they've done yet with surprisingly little wasted air time. And a nicely done situation where KITT and Michael are separated and both are still doing things, it was cool watching KITT acting on his own stalling for time. Even the stuff with Graiman, Sarah and then just Graiman and the AI issue away from the main storyline for this particular episode felt nicely integrated and nice and on-point (didn't linger and was just as "snappy" as the rest of the episode).

It might just be me, but the directing style also seemed a little different, the episode itself actually felt a lot more exciting, and with how almost razor-focused the episode was in what it was doing it felt like they accomplished a ton more in just one hour.

I enjoyed the turbo-boosted prison break, the one going in looked nice too, the several angles it had were nice (great seeing the neon gone).
Last edited by KnightIndustriesTT on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:16 pm

i was really good i miss the hoff already if he was there he stop kitt take bomb out of the car throw it somewher safe and then be end of that cant wait til next week

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 pm

I like the new opening credits. At least they show the actors now and not just
the car in every scene. One thing I do have to ask is why show all the actors
in the credits now that you have plans to kill most of them off?

So, this is part one of three, meaning this is the beginning of the KARR episode as
it said in 2 weeks for KARR. next week is part 2 and the week after is KARR.

Looks like the show may be getting better after all. Hopefully it isn't to late though.
I'd like to see this get picked up next year!
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:It definitely appears they've been listening to our opinions here. I do believe that if they went a little old school with the Turbo Boosts they would look better. What I mean is they should show KITT jumping from directly overhead, like TOS did with the model cars, that would probably work, instead of trying too much. But at least we got Turbo Boosts tonight.
I agree that they are listening to the feedback, the Turbo Boost I liked better then the second episode. The looked like the old TOS turbo Boosts, I still think that the creative minds behind this episode was different or the other producers got more involved to open up to new creative episode layout...

Great Job....

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 pm

MikeLutton wrote:i was really good i miss the hoff already if he was there he stop kitt take bomb out of the car throw it somewher safe and then be end of that cant wait til next week
He can't stop to take it out since it would explode.

I agree guys, it felt like they are indeed listening.
Last edited by KnightIndustriesTT on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Very good!!! Well that's one down :) Is this going to be a three parter?
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 pm

KnightIndustriesTT wrote:Same music, re-done sequence of visuals, some from before and quite a few new ones.

Also, I'm not saying that every episode needs to be but it was GREAT how focused the storytelling was this time on the story-at-hand and the pacing was as good as they've done yet with surprisingly little wasted air time. And a nicely done situation where KITT and Michael are separated and both are still doing things, it was cool watching KITT acting on his own stalling for time. Even the stuff with Graiman, Sarah and then just Graiman and the AI issue away from the main storyline for this particular episode felt nicely integrated and nice and on-point (didn't linger and was just as "snappy" as the rest of the episode).

It might just be me, but the directing style also seemed a little different, the episode itself actually felt a lot more exciting, and with how almost razor-focused the episode was in what it was doing it felt like they accomplished a ton more in just one hour.

I enjoyed the turbo-boosted prison break, the one going in looked nice too, the several angles it had were nice (great seeing the neon gone).
You know what I also noticed which was a pain in my side, the camera shots weren't so choppy, what I mean is that the camera shots weren't changing every second, giving me a seizure, very well done that way...More KITT more FUN...

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Great episode nbc still has two of my favorite shows right now.Chuck and KR.Great work on this episode.

Travis

Just1Philly
Volunteer

Post by Just1Philly » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:25 pm

i miss the show but thanx god i can watch it on my xbox :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :kitt:

Renegade94
Recruit

Post by Renegade94 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Wow! Best Episode by far! I really enjoyed the first step in Re-booting the series and from what I have seen, I just can't wait until next week to see how this all begins to play out! I thought the Turbo-Boost scene was awesome, KITT doing things to help Mike like driving himself and using Mike's voice was very old school. I liked the flying drone also, but the best part of the whole episode I thought was the fact that is was just Mike and KITT on the road doing a bunch of things with the rest of the cast back at the SSC instead of being on the road with Mike and KITT! I really think they are starting to get the picture over at NBC and I can only hope that the ratings improve so we may yet see a season 2, because I think that it is only going to get better from here! :good:
"KITT keep your eyes peeled" Michael
"Michael I do not have eyes" KITT
"Figure of speech KITT" Michael
From Knight In Shining Armor

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:34 pm

I liked the goofy little angry robot XD Can't wait to see what job he gave him. I LOVE that they took th stupid logo off Kitt's belly for Turbo Boosts. Oh so happy ^.^ I missed the part where Karr is infront of Tores though -pout- But I'm super psyched for the rest of the episodes!!

New favorite line: "It's like an illegal turduckin."
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:38 pm

i tried getmy parents in to it my dad rather watch ghost hunters my mom watching bones sad m only knight rider fan in my home lol i didnt see cloe was she in this one

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:41 pm

This is the way KITT should be! I can't wait till next week and the KARR episode!

This isn't going to be the end of KITT on NBC is it since they're killing off some of the characters or are they getting ready for Hasselhoff to take over? Since it was rumored he was going to be back for season 2.

God I hope it doesn't go off the air. It seemed there for a while every show I liked they took it off of the air. Such as TKR, Dark Skies, The Visitor and Viper.

If they make this a serial series like 24 I think it might last longer. This day and time you have to keep the audience glued to the show with suspense and action and an ongoing plot like 24 does.

David

hasslethej
Volunteer

Post by hasslethej » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:43 pm

what did agent ravai's dad say to her on the phone? any guesses?

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 pm

OMG! I hate cliffhangers! I need to know what happens! At least it is great for trying to forget life and absorb into someone else's.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:59 pm

KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:OMG! I hate cliffhangers! I need to know what happens! At least it is great for trying to forget life and absorb into someone else's.

NBC better not do to us what Universal Action Pack did to those of us who watched Team Knight Rider. They cut off season one with a to be continued episode and then didn't even have a season 2 at all or an hour episode to answer the questions at the end of season one. So hopefully NBC/Universal won't screw us on this one.

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:00 pm

I think "Hank" is KARR, if you look his one "Eye" was yellow.

the white knight
Recruit

Post by the white knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GISsUySR22E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^My god! I cant wait to hear KARR talk :good: :karr:
Summer : 1988 Firebird Formula (1992 Trans Am clone) - 5.7TPI / T5 5 Speed / 3.73 Posi
Winter : 1992 Camaro RS - 3.1L / 700R4 / 363,000KM

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 pm

Krypt13 wrote:Taser butt shot!

I liked the whole Mike in disguise thing. Funny.

I know what you mean about the "unfinished" look of the turbo boost prison break - it would have been cool if there had been dust flying off the car. But I like the idea of jumping in and out. [And they removed the neon and logo under KITT. Cool.]
Now if they could just ADD some sound effects.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

the white knight
Recruit

Post by the white knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:10 pm

KnightIndustriesTT wrote:
MikeLutton wrote:i was really good i miss the hoff already if he was there he stop kitt take bomb out of the car throw it somewher safe and then be end of that cant wait til next week
He can't stop to take it out since it would explode.

I agree guys, it felt like they are indeed listening.
That and if he did manage to throw it somewhere "safe" It better be far away as the radius of the explosion is a LARGE area
Summer : 1988 Firebird Formula (1992 Trans Am clone) - 5.7TPI / T5 5 Speed / 3.73 Posi
Winter : 1992 Camaro RS - 3.1L / 700R4 / 363,000KM

whiskey
Volunteer

Post by whiskey » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Best episode by far!!! No annoying music being played throughout & a decent plot! I just hope the ratings improve.

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:22 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The preview for the next two weeks is sweet, and KARR is gonna be a badA$$.