Mediaweek interview with GST

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Mediaweek interview with GST

Post by Sue » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:35 pm

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2009/ ... ompson.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm surprised Phoenixzero forgot to post this.. he pointed it out in chat. :D
I really appreciate GSTs frankness about the shows future. Hollywood often puts a happy spin on things, but there are times when honesty is appreciated. I was very relieved to hear that aside from asking GST his opinion, they also spoke with NBC. Because as much as GST wants the show back NBC might have other plans they haven't informed him of. So I am so very relieved to hear that they are still considering it for a second season.
Yea! :D
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Re: Mediaweek interview with GST

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:32 pm

i think several factors will weigh in here;
1) obviously, how the show does in the ratings from here on out-
2)Public reaction/support
3) advertising. i think this will sort of tip the scales in KR's favor, since advertising is down, and KR has a built in advertiser with Ford- of course, that depends on if Ford decides to keep KR in their budget or not- they are doing better financially than the other car companies, but how many people who watch the show, run out and buy a Mustang?
4) What other shows NBC might be considering. Jay Leno moving to 10;00 might put a dent in some things...
Personally, I'm hoping the show is renewed; I like what i hear is coming up, and I've been able to rewatch the first 8 episodes on my PC- if you can fast forward though all the boring parts, the show isn't all that bad.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:44 pm

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2009/ ... ompson.php
I'm surprised Phoenixzero forgot to post this.. he pointed it out in chat. :D
I really appreciate GSTs frankness about the shows future. Hollywood often puts a happy spin on things, but there are times when honesty is appreciated. I was very relieved to hear that aside from asking GST his opinion, they also spoke with NBC. Because as much as GST wants the show back NBC might have other plans they haven't informed him of. So I am so very relieved to hear that they are still considering it for a second season.
Yea! :D
Are these plans that your are speaking of consist of: (other than the fact it will have a second season)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The rumors that supposdly DH will come back for the second season as a regular and even a multiple story arc?
I hope that if anyone gets in touch with GST maybe Sue or anyone can ask him this question, or maybe NBC! :D

Joe

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Nah, I didn't forget, I just didn't feel like making a topic I was hoping someone else would for me. :P Thanks! I probably should have said something in the room, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:43 pm

(Ahem) personal feelings aside, do you think ***** ********** will want to come back to play a supervisory role on the show? "cause I'm not sure Mike would want *** *** tagging along on missions with him. (man, how do I do spoiler tags???)
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:22 pm

I hope they keep it going. I still would love to see old KITT meet new KITT

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Lets say I tell 20 people to watch. These people watch, but don't have any ties to the Nielsens at all. Can one of the moderators find any info about them checking out their online stream viewers? I really want KNIGHT RIDER to stay...whether it be on NBC or some cable network owned by NBC :)

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:55 pm

I used to know someone with a box. And I guess if they recorded it it would count as more than if they just watched it. If anyone knows anyone with a box beg them to turn on the TV for KR. As for where else they get the numbers from.. I'm not sure yet what else they are counting.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:49 am

Whilst this is an intresting interview, it's not really anything diffrent to what Neps posted in hos interview a few weeks back.

Basicly to me they are saying, it needs to pick up in the rattings to get a second season, and the reboot will be make or break time.

But we already know that anyway.

On the posative side NBC are promoting it agian so it seems they are giving it a good shot at surviving.