finally an nbc commercial

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: finally an nbc commercial

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Great catch Tosil...I loved how menacing that scanner sounds...I hope they use that scanner sound for KARR
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Currently, we now have it confirmed that KARR will have the yellow cylon scanner, a scanner noise (of which it's sound we can only infer), a transformation ability into an 18 foot beast [of awesome] on wheels, a mustang body roughly matching that of KI3T's, and the returning voice of the great Peter Cullen.

The only thing left: Is it TOS KARR or a new character entirely?

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:29 pm

...that, is the 64 million dollar question?!

I don't think we have enough information yet to say one way or the other is this is indeed the original KARR. Whichever it is, it will certainly be an entertaining battle to watch.

How regular are the NBC KR08 commercials?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm

sarfraz wrote:...that, is the 64 million dollar question?!

I don't think we have enough information yet to say one way or the other is this is indeed the original KARR. Whichever it is, it will certainly be an entertaining battle to watch.

How regular are the NBC KR08 commercials?

Sarfraz
I agree. My hopes is that with the original voice actor returning and the obviously open fate of KARR from TOS (and that fact that any bad guy could have picked up the CPU), they will use the original.

Good question. I was so sure that they would promo Knight Rider last night during Super Stars of Dance, but they did not. As far as it stands, I have YET to see any Knight Rider promos on Television with my own eyes.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:51 pm

I just watched KI2T vs. KARR and I am leaning both ways on the "Million Dollar Question" of if he is the original KARR or not. On one hand I don't see how it could be the original KARR because the original KARR was not a mustang. But then again in KI2T vs. KARR if you watch closely at the very end you can see a flashing light on one of his parts after he was blown to pieces so it could be the original rebuilt as a mustang because FLAG could have picked up the parts to keep from another KARR tragedy from happening again and Dr. Graiman put him back together years later as a new "Car of the Future" and maybe he forgot about the programing flaw or just figured it would be quicker than building a new KITT and when he realized he had made a mistake it was already to late and he could not control him. This theory in my mind would explain the "Why would he build another KARR after the original?" and "Is this the original KARR?" questions. Then again its just a theory.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:25 pm

t.b.77b wrote: But then again in KI2T vs. KARR if you watch closely at the very end you can see a flashing light on one of his parts after he was blown to pieces so it could be the original rebuilt as a mustang because FLAG could have picked up the parts to keep from another KARR tragedy from happening again and Dr. Graiman put him back together years later as a new "Car of the Future" and maybe he forgot about the programing flaw or just figured it would be quicker than building a new KITT and when he realized he had made a mistake it was already to late and he could not control him.
Or, the government picked up the CPU after the battle before FLAG could. Then years later, realizing the military use of the AI program, contacted Graiman to rebuild the AI, never telling him it was KARR.
And if I'm right that GST has retconned Graiman's connection to TOS from the pilot, that mean's his work with KR&D started with the original prototype aka KARR. Once he finished the project and realized what his prototype was going to be used for, developed the new KITT CPU as a way to redeem himself morally.
After the subsequent demise of the KARR program from the military, and Torres learning that a new car was being built, decided to use his governing power to start up the SSC and take ahold of the KITT project as a way of bringing KARR back into power....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
t.b.77b wrote: But then again in KI2T vs. KARR if you watch closely at the very end you can see a flashing light on one of his parts after he was blown to pieces so it could be the original rebuilt as a mustang because FLAG could have picked up the parts to keep from another KARR tragedy from happening again and Dr. Graiman put him back together years later as a new "Car of the Future" and maybe he forgot about the programing flaw or just figured it would be quicker than building a new KITT and when he realized he had made a mistake it was already to late and he could not control him.
Or, the government picked up the CPU after the battle before FLAG could. Then years later, realizing the military use of the AI program, contacted Graiman to rebuild the AI, never telling him it was KARR.
And if I'm right that GST has retconned Graiman's connection to TOS from the pilot, that mean's his work with KR&D started with the original prototype aka KARR. Once he finished the project and realized what his prototype was going to be used for, developed the new KITT CPU as a way to redeem himself morally.
After the subsequent demise of the KARR program from the military, and Torres learning that a new car was being built, decided to use his governing power to start up the SSC and take ahold of the KITT project as a way of bringing KARR back into power....
That's a very interesting theory. I could see it happening on this show too.

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:08 pm

In the new year new kr vid it show the clip but this time the lights arent clear, theyre the same as kitts. Also of the every Hero/Nemises trailer pause at 0:05. Its starts red

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:29 pm

IM THE BAD GUY WHO IS GOING TO HOPE AND PRAY AND YELL TO EVERYONE THAT THIS BETTER NOT BE THE 80'S KARR'S CPU TRANSPLANTED INTO THE NEW!! :twisted:

I will hardwire my old 1988 Teddy Ruxpin and have him sing MMM BOP over your home town's radio stations :twisted:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:06 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:IM THE BAD GUY WHO IS GOING TO HOPE AND PRAY AND YELL TO EVERYONE THAT THIS BETTER NOT BE THE 80'S KARR'S CPU TRANSPLANTED INTO THE NEW!! :twisted:

I will hardwire my old 1988 Teddy Ruxpin and have him sing MMM BOP over your home town's radio stations :twisted:
What is wrong with the original KARR? :o
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:08 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:What is wrong with the original KARR? :o
Nothing. He's just biased against this KARR having the AI/CPU of the original--claims it would be technologically impossible. I say, this is Knight Rider! Nothing is truly impossible.

Long live KARR! :karr:

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:06 am

so the first 2 pages everybody wants to exlain the yellow scanner. Salt water....sure. Does salt water explain the magical appearence of a california license plate. No not really. I think it probably had more to do with the lack of cars then money. Just wanted to state that. I cant wait till wedensday and I hope the new KARR is an incarnatiopn of the original. They have already stated KARR had the ability to learn and self program, so it is possible the new KARR is the old KARR who has been learning the last 20 years and now has an ax to grind

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:06 am

I personally find it MORE plausible that this is the original KARR from TOS.

I can give multiple reasons why the TOS KARR would be more realistic and I have yet to hear any convincing reason why a new KARR would instead.

If anyone has such a reason, please tell me. I'd like to hear it (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:35 pm

I believe that KARR got the California license plate after he took that young couple hostage and made them repair him.

coach41
Recruit

Post by coach41 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:40 pm

KARR had the blue California license plate at the beginning of the KITT vs KARR episode.

It is shown as the couple drives KARR away from the beach.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Weird. Maybe it was a continuity error then. /shrug

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:12 pm

It's hard to tell 'bout the license plate because as much as I love KR you have to remember that the original show was made in the 80's (not that I have anything against the 80s) and they didn't have the technology like we do today to make sure that every little detail matched. I think it probably was just a simple error.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:50 pm

coach41 wrote:KARR had the blue California license plate at the beginning of the KITT vs KARR episode.

It is shown as the couple drives KARR away from the beach.
KARR also had a blue California license plate in Trust Doesn't Rust, but even with the DVDs we can't tell what it says. It could have said KARR, or KNIGHT, or whatever, we don't know. But he did have a license plate with something... I took a screenshot of it years ago when it was brought up on KRO. Watch the part where they try to box KARR in and shoot the laser at him, it provides the best view of it.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:08 pm

ghidorah15 wrote:Nothing. He's just biased against this KARR having the AI/CPU of the original--claims it would be technologically impossible. I say, this is Knight Rider! Nothing is truly impossible.

Long live KARR! :karr:
And so are transforming cars.That's not possible.Yet. :)
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 pm

ElectricPhantom wrote:I personally find it MORE plausible that this is the original KARR from TOS.

I can give multiple reasons why the TOS KARR would be more realistic and I have yet to hear any convincing reason why a new KARR would instead.

If anyone has such a reason, please tell me. I'd like to hear it (and I'm not being sarcastic).
Depends on what you mean by the original.

If you mean the original car then obviously you are very much mistaken, if you mean the AI the problem is how would the AI could have survived being blown to bits as KARR was in the TOS? Unless a a backup of KARR's AI existed somewhere else that is. That would be the only plausible way of bringing KARR's TOS AI back meaner and sleeker than ever. Well we should see. Whatever KARR is it does look meaner than ever. I cannot wait to see the duel between KARR and KITT and honestly I think KITT is going to need lots of help to defeat the monster that the New KARR is.

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Um, PunkMaister, did you not see the end of "KITT vs KARR" where KARR's CPU is shown to have survived intact and is still blinking? He definitely survived. The real question is whether they used him in this new body or not.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:50 pm

ghidorah15 wrote:Um, PunkMaister, did you not see the end of "KITT vs KARR" where KARR's CPU is shown to have survived intact and is still blinking? He definitely survived. The real question is whether they used him in this new body or not.
I remember it blinking but not being intact. It would be impossible for anything to come intact from that explosion.
And the blinking does not signify the thing survived intact as you claim.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:45 am

They clearly left it open at the end like that to have you believe KARR's AI unit was still intact and working. For all we could know, the AI unit could be housed in a "black box" like what is in airplanes, which would be fitting since Wilton designed planes..

What does the blinking lights signify to you then?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: