finally an nbc commercial

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

scottab21
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: finally an nbc commercial

Post by scottab21 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:You do know that salt water is corrosive right? :roll: So that's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the scanner's change in color and I did not attribute it to KARR's going against his primary directive.
Sodium Chloride also has hygroscopic properties and aides in cell osmosis but that's besides the point. Its a poorly contrived explanation for something that was really done by the producers to motivate the story for that episode. I say poorly b/c the molecular bondage shell was presented to be impervious to damage as previously established. Therefore the shell being exposed to a water solution of merely 3.5% NaCl for approximately 730 days shouldn't do any damage if said shell is able to withstand temperatures of lava, lasers, etc. The logic does not follow.
LOL... "the molecular BONDAGE shell"? That must be a lost episode you can only see very late at night on skinamax! :lol:

:kitt: :karr:

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:33 pm

Ahem...it's been established (particularly in "Trust Doesn't Rust") that the scanner is a weak spot. It's not covered by the MBS, so ocean water could corrode it.

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:37 pm

If you think about it, the fact that KARR exists after TDR is poorly written (or poor continuity in the very least). KARR exploded upon impact with the rocks once he fell from the cliff.

Although I'm glad that KARR is still around (being a favorite villain of mine), if we are going to talk about the poor concept for his scanner color, I can't help but bring up the, well, more obvious invasion to continuity. :]

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:43 pm

KARR exploded upon impact with the rocks once he fell from the cliff.
But as a fan boy I could say KARR caused that explosion as a decoy. See how fun that is? :)
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 pm

msKEN wrote:
KARR exploded upon impact with the rocks once he fell from the cliff.
But as a fan boy I could say KARR caused that explosion as a decoy. See how fun that is? :)

=D I like the way you think!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:45 pm

The Molecular-Bonded shell is weak to salt water, I believe. It erodes it. That's how it was damaged even though it can stand up to 'lava'.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Solid Snake wrote:I discussed this with Neps and Sue in the chats, I think that is not KARR at all... yes in the commercial it is... but it is meant as a placeholder. The car that you see is KITT that was mirrored, to give the quick one time viewer the impression that the car is driving itself. Also the indicators are colourless and the image itself very flat too... indicating a filter that was used to alter the appearance a bit, not to mention the yellow scanner... I say this is just a teasing placeholder to get us talking and wondering.
I really hope you're all wrong. That would not be cool at all!

tosil
Volunteer

Post by tosil » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Ok to change the subject a little..... please tell me I'm not hearing things....

Listen about 17 seconds in... sounds like the scanner sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e9wgshS0qI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now listen again... about 8 sec in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQknG7hR3o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are they going to use the scanner sound from the original pilot promo?... I'm sure KI3T's original scanner sound was different during the pilot.....anyway, have a listen.
If KITT were human, we would be called, THE STIG.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:11 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:I discussed this with Neps and Sue in the chats, I think that is not KARR at all... yes in the commercial it is... but it is meant as a placeholder. The car that you see is KITT that was mirrored, to give the quick one time viewer the impression that the car is driving itself. Also the indicators are colourless and the image itself very flat too... indicating a filter that was used to alter the appearance a bit, not to mention the yellow scanner... I say this is just a teasing placeholder to get us talking and wondering.
Why? I am not saying KARR will not be a car (or a Mustang), he will... but I am just saying it was not KARR in those 2 seconds we saw.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

tosil
Volunteer

Post by tosil » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:24 pm

ronni3 wrote:
JTurchetta wrote:Hey gang! Just FYI, the vehicle seen inthe very first shot is KITT as the Ford Flex, from "Knight Of The Zodiac". If you look closely you can see the oval Ford logo and the large flat front grill. Also KITT sported the scanner on the bumper while in that mode. Ill attach a pic. Here is a screen grab with timecode from that episode.
Mystery Solved!
J.
brother
i watched knight of the zodiac again and the commercial......the scanner on the ford flex whict KI3T transforms into appears to be continuously glowing like KI3Ts normal scanner....whereas on the commercial....it breaks like wen u charge a cell phine the batterys lines come one by one....same is in the commercial...the scanner or whatevers line comes on one by one....maybe K.A.R.R has 2 scanners...one in the front which was orangish yellow, and the other at the back bumper? just a thaught....

To add to this... Ford Flex has 3 bar grille, with the ford symbol dead center, as for this, the ford symbol is seperated by 2 bars only.... the only car I know which has only 2 bars is the focus, however I do not believe this is a Ford Focus. Ford Concept car?....

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:30 pm

It is the Ford Flex :D but the top grill bar is out of the frame.
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:32 pm

mustang_fan91 wrote:It is the Ford Flex :D but the top grill bar is out of the frame.
Confirmed! It is the Flex, most likely the PR department just using fancy lights.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Dark Screen
Volunteer

Post by Dark Screen » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:02 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
I still don't think KARR is going to be a Mustang, but we'll see....
The schematics shown in episode 6 - Knight of the Living Dead, show KARR in both Mustang and 'Transformer' mode.

Link if board is doing that annoying image cropping thing: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/n ... KARRE1.jpg

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 pm

just saw another like 8 second commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGM9KBl_N3I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Dark Screen wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:
I still don't think KARR is going to be a Mustang, but we'll see....
The schematics shown in episode 6 - Knight of the Living Dead, show KARR in both Mustang and 'Transformer' mode.

Yeah I know about that image and that they showed it also in the episode, but KITT stated KARR was NOT a Mustang so they're rather conflicting each other in that episode, which was written by GST aka the guy sort of, kind of in charge day to day. But I'd go with the dialog that was put in place after filming over the image being shown on a screen during it. It being on the site doesn't mean much either IMO. But we shall see....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:54 pm

neps wrote:just saw another like 8 second commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGM9KBl_N3I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The indicator lights are amber this time :!:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Sounds to me like KARR has a new sound effect to go with his scanner in the new 8 second commercial :o

JTurchetta
Volunteer

Post by JTurchetta » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:26 am

While I love that these promos have rekindled interest in this series, I have to say that I think alot of the speculation is just that.

Having worked for an NBC station and having cut promos for shows before, It is a common practice to use footage from other episodes and sound fx from other episodes in order to "set the mood."

Other than the shot of KARR facing off with KITT, I think the purpose of these spots is to just wet your appitite. They are called teasers for a reason.

Beyond that, I dont think anything additional should be inferred.
J.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:12 am

Solid Snake wrote:
knightofthephoenix wrote:
Why? I am not saying KARR will not be a car (or a Mustang), he will... but I am just saying it was not KARR in those 2 seconds we saw.
I meant that I hope they won't jerk us around and lead us to believe certain things that won't wind up happening.

tosil - Great catch. I hope they do use that scanner sound for KARR. It sounds menacing. :twisted:

tosil
Volunteer

Post by tosil » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:47 am

A few more things I noticed about KARR... notice how he slams his right side "foot" or axle down on the ground... so KARR can walk maybe? Second thing, his rear red light pulsates... with the sound of the scanner I mentioned earlier. Although, NBC's first KR commercial did not have the scanner sound.... lets see what happens. Can't wait...

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:56 am

The 'other car' is probably no other car at all, it's KI3T. Try to stop this new video right when it appears and the car is right infront of the camera rather than at an angle. The scanner is very much red.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

tosil wrote:Ok to change the subject a little..... please tell me I'm not hearing things....

Listen about 17 seconds in... sounds like the scanner sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e9wgshS0qI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now listen again... about 8 sec in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQknG7hR3o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are they going to use the scanner sound from the original pilot promo?... I'm sure KI3T's original scanner sound was different during the pilot.....anyway, have a listen.
That is interesting. Though to play devils advocate, I do believe that commercial editors are completely different from editors of a show.. so they might not have the right sound effects in their library. .. Just a thought.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:28 am

Sue's "Behind the scenes of KARR's design"-video confirms, that KARR is actually a GT500KR with a yellow scanner in car-mode (for once i think they got it right! - BTW great work, Sue!!!) so wether or not what we see in the promo is KARR, we now know for sure that KARR will have a car mode and what it looks like.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:11 am

Awesome stuff Sue!!!! I cannot wait to see what happens it seems to me the people over @ MasterKey films know a lot more which is great. When I did a short stint in graphics a lot of people never gave you any info it was always "ehh build this". Sue you should have held them hostage until they told you everything! hahaha

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:37 am

Kaine wrote:Sue's "Behind the scenes of KARR's design"-video confirms, that KARR is actually a GT500KR with a yellow scanner in car-mode (for once i think they got it right! - BTW great work, Sue!!!) so wether or not what we see in the promo is KARR, we now know for sure that KARR will have a car mode and what it looks like.

:lol: Yup, I just saw that, oh well I was wrong. As long as it works it's cool. Now I gotta go back and finish watching it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: