They had the perfect chance to segway to the reboot tonight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

They had the perfect chance to segway to the reboot tonight

Post by Shadowy Flight » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:08 pm

And they missed it. Or was it intentional foreshadowing? Notice how Carrie, Alex and Charles were all stuck in the SCC alone when it ALMOST self destructed? Could've been a perfect end to all 3 cast members AND the SCC. Did they intentionally "miss the boat" to do a little foreshadowing? Anybody else held their breath when that happened? The three live to fight another day...for now. KR's showing some modest film symbolism if I'm not mistaken. Very nice GST. Very nice.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: They had the perfect chance to segway to the reboot tonight

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:32 am

Yeah, I kind of thought that this spelled the end for our beloved group. I even took a second to check out the background in that scene where Torres and Graiman are standing on KITT's Gyro. But that wouldn't have matched up with some of the KARR(E) spoilers I have been hearing.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Jonathan_Knight
Stranger

Post by Jonathan_Knight » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 am

The fact remains is that NBC, Andron and Thompson have ruined the entire concept of this show! What happened to "One man can make a difference"? Dr. Graiman stated in the pilot that he was resurrecting the Foundation -- oh, really? Knight Research and the SSC is nothing like FLAG!

It's a shame when the best thing about a show is it's theme song!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:05 pm

A little sand in your panties, Jonathan_Knight?

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:07 pm

just wait for ur "One make can make a difference" its coming.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:11 pm

I thought this worked as a great segway.. especially considering it was originally shot to be episode 2
http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Sue wrote:especially considering it was originally shot to be episode 2
We've known since shining armor that the episodes were being moved around, so this begs the question...

Was the retool intended all along???

If so why bother with the first version...??

Krypt13
Volunteer

Post by Krypt13 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 pm

"The fact remains is that NBC, Andron and Thompson have ruined the entire concept of this show!"

I disagree. I think that in some cases they improved upon it.

"What happened to "One man can make a difference"?"

Nice catch-phrase, but even in TOS, Michael Knight was hardly alone - he had KITT, Devon, Bonnie and others.

"Dr. Graiman stated in the pilot that he was resurrecting the Foundation -- oh, really? Knight Research and the SSC is nothing like FLAG!"

Not yet. Graiman may not have had the clout [or finances] to resurrect Knight's original foundation. However Knight Research is an arm of Knight Industries, which is currently involved in a lucrative government contract working with a special FBI task force. That contract may prove to be a step in the right direction. In the near future, Mike and KITT may yet become involved in a new organization that more closely resembles FLAG.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:03 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Was the retool intended all along???
Judging by the fact that episode 10 was being written and filmed before/during the first episode was shown, I'm pretty sure it was planned this way.
pheonix_knight wrote:If so why bother with the first version...??
I think it all goes into arcs....so far we've seen they had planned 3..TheFBI/SSC arc..The KARR arc..and the FLAG arc. Or it might just be two arcs...
I dont think starting out right away with FLAG would have been good for the show, as the way it looks like the way the spoilers are reading is that Mike, Sarah, Billy and Zoe are the ones that actually bring it back into operation. The FBI arc has us learning of not only Mike's past, but also what happened to Knight Industries and why the SSC was brought around.

I'm sure most of our questions will be answered in ep 12...which is what cast and crew alike have been saying.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Shadowy Flight wrote:And they missed it. Or was it intentional foreshadowing? Notice how Carrie, Alex and Charles were all stuck in the SCC alone when it ALMOST self destructed? Could've been a perfect end to all 3 cast members AND the SCC. Did they intentionally "miss the boat" to do a little foreshadowing? Anybody else held their breath when that happened? The three live to fight another day...for now. KR's showing some modest film symbolism if I'm not mistaken. Very nice GST. Very nice.
Although one could say it was foreshadowing, you must also to into account that this was the 2nd episode filmed, and as far as I've heard about the reshoots they did for this episode turning it into episode 9, the ending wasnt one of them.

The whole thing is, they wrote 10, 11, 12 and 13 to be the transitions between the arcs, Probably making those eps their own arc aswell, so that they can go indepth with the cast loss and not just write them out in a very campy and cheesy way. Just my opinion though.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:11 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:A little sand in your panties, Jonathan_Knight?
LMAO It's great to blast haters like that every now and then... :mrgreen:

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Well, just take a look at the end of this episode. Carrie, Graiman and Torres are in the SCC watching the counter that stopped at 00:00:01, while KI3T, Mike and Sarah are on the road to get back. In my opinion they didn't close this episode entirely and next week's episode maybe starts where this one ended, so they can blow it up right in the first minute with the three characters in the complex. :mrgreen:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Again, this was the second episode shot and wasn't intended to be aired so late, they did quite a few reshoots but it but I doubt they did so much as to where they would change the ending.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:30 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
Sue wrote:especially considering it was originally shot to be episode 2
We've known since shining armor that the episodes were being moved around, so this begs the question...

Was the retool intended all along???

If so why bother with the first version...??

What bothers me is they called these next bundle of episodes "The Reboot". There ain't no such thing, fellas. It's merely a publicity label to keep the haters tuned in. I'm putting my money down that this was an intended direction. We had hints of deceit from the very beginning with the governmental headquarters. What I hate to accept, for I never suspected, is the coming death of Charles Graiman. Remember, we were all told a long time ago that FLAG was coming....like, back in October! So, when you hear ppl on these boards refer to the remaining as "The Reboot", just chuckle. The interview footage with the cast members almost look like they want to smirk at the label when it comes to regarding the remainder of the season.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Very true but it's just easier to refer to it as such now. I have no doubt it was planned to start with the whole big brother thing and break away from it and go back to where they are. The only thing that threw me off was Bruce Davidson leaving as I expected it o be Zoe since she was apparently Torres's assistant. It's more of a transition into a change of direction.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Post by Shadowy Flight » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:37 pm

DavidKnight wrote:Well, just take a look at the end of this episode. Carrie, Graiman and Torres are in the SCC watching the counter that stopped at 00:00:01, while KI3T, Mike and Sarah are on the road to get back. In my opinion they didn't close this episode entirely and next week's episode maybe starts where this one ended, so they can blow it up right in the first minute with the three characters in the complex. :mrgreen:
Milk spilled out of my nose when I read that! :good:
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!