LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

LMolineuxLM1
Volunteer
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by LMolineuxLM1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:59 pm

CJaguar442 wrote:where did you get these tv ratings? i wonder how knight fevre will do on saturday night or do they even count that that night?

NBC in my area hasnt aired Knight Rider on Saturday Nights since the first week Knight Rider Went On the Air finally again. Who else has it still airing on their local NBC station on Saturday nights?

User avatar
Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Why is there a 4 in the new KARR again?


Sorry, that's just me introducing it. Given that I don't think the 2008 KARR is the same AI as the 80s KARR, I called it K4RR to differentiate between the two AIs. Bit like KITT and KI3T.


KRAvengerII wrote:We saw KITT tricked out to the wazoo with every bell and whistle you could think of, but TKR and now KI3T, have gone to the understated route. Why do you suppose that is? have the producers even looked at possible ways to augment KI3T's dash?


I think it's part of a minimalistic look. Back in the 80s, it was necessary to have all functions to hand and dials an gauges to assess what was going on. Remember, MK was the pilot of the vehicle, so he needed all information and access at hand. With KI3T, more of the functions have been given to KI3T so the driver has less need for input. KI3T should IMO be more advanced than KITT and should be continually monitoring all systems so the driver/pilot doesn't have to.

User avatar
CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:01 pm

[quote="My_Friend_KITT"] I would have never thought that I would hear the day of "KITT-Shields Up".

quote]
No, he got them from Scottie. The shields are at 50 percent captain, may we fire the proton torpedoes, no abort
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

User avatar
CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:06 pm

LMolineuxLM1 wrote:
CJaguar442 wrote:where did you get these tv ratings? i wonder how knight fevre will do on saturday night or do they even count that that night?

NBC in my area hasnt aired Knight Rider on Saturday Nights since the first week Knight Rider Went On the Air finally again. Who else has it still airing on their local NBC station on Saturday nights?


last week nbc aired knight rider.
but this week since the patriots lost, they did not air knight rider on saturday
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:44 am

I've changed my mind.

I liked this episode, it's definitely one of the better ones of the new series, it's still not in the same vein as TOS but as far as NEW KR goes, it worked.

Having rewatched it I think I can shed light on a couple of points...

People have commented on Ki3t sounding more human in this episode as if it were a new development as part of Ki3ts learning or a mistake by the sound recordists. It wasnt. Ki3t was developing more 'human' traits as a result of the virus which also included emotions and a sense of mortality. After ki3t uploads the antivirus, he returned to being more 'montone guy' again.

I might be able to answer one of my own queries as well when Arrow congratulated CG on creating the AI. Charles Graimen went into hiding after creating KI2T for protection, so would never have taken the credit for the technology first time around. Arrow didnt know that CG had done this kind of thing before.

One thing that bugged me was the scene of Zoe and Billy in the corridor discussing KARR. That scene looked like it had only been recently forced in to the episode to tie in with the next 3. KARR was not relevent to the rest of the episode in any way which just made that part look even more conspicuous. Billy saying to Zoe about Torres acting more secretive recently would not have made sense if it had been the 2nd episode shown in the series, which is the order it was filmed, or as i suspect, it is when MOST of it was filmed but not all...It also sets up a nice "them and us" situation and we know that Billy and Zoe are more alligned with Mike and Sarah and Ki3t ("its not cool to blame Kitt....") which sets up for the retooling...

User avatar
Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Winter Haven, FLA
Contact:

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:08 am

pheonix_knight wrote:One thing that bugged me was the scene of Zoe and Billy in the corridor discussing KARR. That scene looked like it had only been recently forced in to the episode to tie in with the next 3. KARR was not relevent to the rest of the episode in any way which just made that part look even more conspicuous. Billy saying to Zoe about Torres acting more secretive recently would not have made sense if it had been the 2nd episode shown in the series, which is the order it was filmed, or as i suspect, it is when MOST of it was filmed but not all...It also sets up a nice "them and us" situation and we know that Billy and Zoe are more alligned with Mike and Sarah and Ki3t ("its not cool to blame Kitt....") which sets up for the retooling...


I was gonna mention that aswell.
I actually think that they did a good job with connecting that episode (which does feel better placed at 9, and as the last episode before the change in arc) with what we've heard of KARR. Although the scene does seems out of place that wrote it in the episode well.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 am

Yeah, I'm almost certain that scene was shot for that reason. The EMP thing still bugs me but the issue of why KITT didn't detect the nanovirus immediately as it was crawling around is something I think I'm satisfied with after watching again, it was just able to avoid detection and their "decontamination" didn't work and then it infected the SSC. Still would have liked a scene where it was mentioned that it was insulated from the EMP due to its design or something like that.

There's other stuff that bugged me but at this point it's rather pointless to get into it. All that matters now is the transition episodes and what comes after them as well as the ratings as to whether the show sinks or swims.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lexicon
Operative
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:28 am

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:04 pm

It's actually pretty logical as to why KITT didn't detect the nanovirus as it is a pretty small thing and his sensors are probably not that sensitive. Since the nanovirus was in the shielded canister when the EMP was deployed it is logical that the nanovirus was not affected by the EMP though you'd have to look at everything in context to really see it. As far as the decontamination goes, I'm not even sure why it's in the show since they haven't explained what exactly they are decontaminating or how they are doing it. I would venture it's simply a biological organism containment protocol to prevent biological weapons from making it into the SCC. Though the obvious fact that the decon area is not hermetically sealed sort of destroys any idea of decontamination to begin with. Anyway, it's just one more thing to nitpick over about the show and it will be gone soon.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:20 pm

The nano virus assimilated Ki3ts transforming technology (as Charles later points out) so Ki3t would not have realised that the virus was present as it would have just seemed like an extension of his nano skin until it managed to penetrate the systems. Same explanation for the 'Decon' not picking it up, the 'decon' would have identified it as part of Ki3t.

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Lexicon wrote:It's actually pretty logical as to why KITT didn't detect the nanovirus as it is a pretty small thing and his sensors are probably not that sensitive. Since the nanovirus was in the shielded canister when the EMP was deployed it is logical that the nanovirus was not affected by the EMP though you'd have to look at everything in context to really see it. As far as the decontamination goes, I'm not even sure why it's in the show since they haven't explained what exactly they are decontaminating or how they are doing it. I would venture it's simply a biological organism containment protocol to prevent biological weapons from making it into the SCC. Though the obvious fact that the decon area is not hermetically sealed sort of destroys any idea of decontamination to begin with. Anyway, it's just one more thing to nitpick over about the show and it will be gone soon.


The EMP happened after the nanovirus was removed from the canister and escaped. The nano virus didn't look that small as it was shown but I could go with it just being undetectable due to its design and their unfamiliarity with it.. Just like a virus scanner, it's next to useless unless it's update with new virus patterns. I think the decontamination thing is just a scan to check for contamination before coming into the SSC.

pheonix_knight wrote:The nano virus assimilated Ki3ts transforming technology (as Charles later points out) so Ki3t would not have realised that the virus was present as it would have just seemed like an extension of his nano skin until it managed to penetrate the systems. Same explanation for the 'Decon' not picking it up, the 'decon' would have identified it as part of Ki3t.


Charles said nothing about the nanotech, the virus was using KITT's AI to replicate itself.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: USA

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 am

Can KITT REALLY be sorry? Isn't that feelings?

User avatar
Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:32 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NYC

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:37 pm

I think that KI2T sometimes felt doubt. I've been rewatching some old eps, seeing the limits my KITT can go. Even if he can't 'feel' it, he can emulate it, i believe.

User avatar
KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: USA

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Ok...thanks! You're so nice.

User avatar
Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:32 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NYC

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Aww, thanks. ^_^

User avatar
KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: USA

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:41 am

I really need friends. It just seems easier to talk to them than anyone else.

standgeo
Volunteer
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 am

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by standgeo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:51 am

I really like the episode. It was the best so far. Yet i still have some comments to make.
Why Mike drives sometimes? First in the begining he tells Kitt that he takes over and second when they chased the Harley, Kitt was driving and Mike just watched. I mean Mike is supposed to drive Kitt especially in pursuits unless he is unable for any reason or something.
Did you also notice when he stops the truck and gets out of Kitt pretending he can' t hear Rivai? Kitt is attack mode but Mike opens the door of normal mode and gets out.
Yet the BEST episode so far. I believe the next ones will be even better.
Good work everybody!!!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:16 am

I loved this episdoe it was all on the road action from begining to end. This time the team backing up Mike did their job as supposed too without the nauseating voyeurism, in fact this time there was no voyeurism period... I noticed the change in the opening credits and how some names are now missing but Sidney Poiter name remains even though she was seemingly killed in the explosion. I hope she is not of all the government type characters she is the one I like the most. I cannot wait for the KARR episode and how on Earth KITT is ever gonna deal with that monstrosity!

A 9 out of then 1 point minus just on the account that I hate to see Dr Grayman and quite possibly Sidney's character as well. Hopefully the cave will remain in some shape or form...

Locked