A Ride With KITT

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

spooky
Recruit

Re: A Ride With KITT

Post by spooky » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:43 pm

GT500KR wrote:they are just custom Mustang GT, hence the Automatic in the car.

real KR would be too expensive because say u damaged the hood, u have to send the damaged Hood to Shelby to get a new one. There is only 1000-1500 of these cars made, and i think like 200-300 available in the black. And the rest are in Silver, Red or Blue
actually at least 3 of the "hero" KITT's i saw, were real KR's. i asked alot of questions about the Mustangs last time i was on set. NBC has a special deal with Ford/Shelby and they made a few KR's as automatics just for Knight Rider. when i asked about the "Attack" KITT's, i was told there were 2 cars. 1 had a Ford engine, while the other had a Chevy engine. for the Pilot episode, they had GT's dressed up as KR's with superchargers installed.

i also asked how many times do the KR crew get complaints why they didn't use the Camaro. i was told not a lot, but the Camaro as well as the Challenger were considered for KITT, it's just that Ford gave them the better deal. as for me, i'm glad they used the Mustang. when i see the new Camaro, all i think of is Bumblebee.

me sitting in KITT(I'm shy):

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:36 pm

but its not a true KR, because if it was a true KR, the rims should be the 18in, not the 20's that are on KITT.

Anywho, if its real or not, the GT500KR was a great choice for the show, a Challenger could of been a good choice also, same here with the Camaro, i would of thought that is bumblebees evil twin, haha, but could tie in with all the transformation crap.

But i still like the show

I love mustangs, I especially want to make a "Knight Rider"/ GT500 KR clone out of a Black GT500, but i wont do the interior changes like the show, i want a nice Hurst shifter :-)
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

knightindustries001
Stranger

Post by knightindustries001 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:46 pm

Wow Sue you are very lucky hahaha.... I would love a car like that over here in Australia! I can just imagine the looks people would give while driving it around. I remember when I was 7 years old a KITT from the TOS was here for a promo and I got a picture taken in KITT! I still have it to this day and now wish I had one in the new KITT.

I bet you were buzzing for the rest of the day!!!! LOL.

Hopefully you will get another interview and they take you for a spin and open KITT up a bit hehehehe :D

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by weeezl » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Wow Sue!, how cool to ride in Kitt.

Thanks for sharing! :good:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:50 pm

Wow! Very kool stuff Sue, and yes I, too, am jealous. How awsome that had to be to get that close and personal with the KI3T! 8) 8) 8)

:kitt: :karr:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Great job yet again Sue! :good: Your making all if us jealous! :mrgreen:

Next we'll see you in the background as an extra on a episode :!:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:21 pm

Vegasmike wrote:Great job yet again Sue! :good: Your making all if us jealous! :mrgreen:

Next we'll see you in the background as an extra on a episode :!:
She'll probably be a co-star in season 2 :P
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:52 pm

A damsil in distress, Mike and KI3T come to the rescue. Let's not forget about the "your my hero" kiss....
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
from KI3T
:wink:
ok Justin too!
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:34 am

And they modded these cars to sit them in front of a green screen :oops:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:48 am

it's nice to see the stunt car!, it would be even nicer to see the car do some actual stunts, like ski mode and maybe burn some rubber on the tv show.
in glen larson we trust.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 am

Vegasmike wrote:A damsil in distress, Mike and KI3T come to the rescue. Let's not forget about the "your my hero" kiss....
from KI3T
Darn..
Vegasmike wrote:
ok Justin too!
Yea! :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

spooky
Recruit

Post by spooky » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:03 pm

GT500KR wrote:but its not a true KR, because if it was a true KR, the rims should be the 18in, not the 20's that are on KITT.

Anywho, if its real or not, the GT500KR was a great choice for the show, a Challenger could of been a good choice also, same here with the Camaro, i would of thought that is bumblebees evil twin, haha, but could tie in with all the transformation crap.

But i still like the show

I love mustangs, I especially want to make a "Knight Rider"/ GT500 KR clone out of a Black GT500, but i wont do the interior changes like the show, i want a nice Hurst shifter :-)
the 20's are available as a option for the KR's. when they made the Pilot episode, the GT500 KR's were not a production car yet. however, there was a GT500 KR that was made to promote the production cars. that particular GT500 had the 20's. i'm assuming that's what they based the GT builds on for the Pilot and kept the same look for the series as well

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:07 pm

Sue wrote:
Vegasmike wrote:A damsil in distress, Mike and KI3T come to the rescue. Let's not forget about the "your my hero" kiss....
from KI3T
Darn..
Vegasmike wrote:
ok Justin too!
Yea! :mrgreen:
A kiss from Justin, the ride off in to the sunset in KI3T. In that order! :mrgreen:
Call me Mike.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:02 am

spooky wrote:
the 20's are available as a option for the KR's. when they made the Pilot episode, the GT500 KR's were not a production car yet. however, there was a GT500 KR that was made to promote the production cars. that particular GT500 had the 20's. i'm assuming that's what they based the GT builds on for the Pilot and kept the same look for the series as well

Trust me 20's arent options for the production KR. I know Shelby's in and out.

The GT500KR Knight Rider promo car i saw i think is a true KR

Sorry the pics arent the greatest.
If u look closely on any KITT pics, the rims say "Shelby Forged" and have a plaing "SVT" center Cap

GT500KR have the words "Shelby GT500KR" - 18in wheels with the "SHELBY SVT AUTOMOBILES" as a center cap
GT500 Supersnakes have teh words "Shelby GT500 Super Snake" - 20in wheels

Personally i like the 20in on the GT500KR than the 18in.

I'll keep thinking its a modified GT until someone shows me a pic of KITT with the Shelby Automobiles emblem on the left front fender in front of the air cleaner when the Hood is open

Like this pic

Not dissing ur statement dude, i am need proof guy
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno