KRGPS and Europe

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittrules
Volunteer

KRGPS and Europe

Post by kittrules » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:48 pm

Hey folks! We just started selling maps of both Western and Eastern Europe on the Mio E-Store, http://estore.mio.com... and they're compatible with the Knight Rider GPS unit. So, for you folks in the UK and what not... you can now buy the KRGPS plus the Europe maps and you're good to go!

Now only if we had the Hoff... we know how much Germans love David Hasselhoff... thanks Norm McDonald!

Kitt Rules

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: KRGPS and Europe

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 am

Hey kittrules,
Did you folks at Mio ever fix that MioMore desktop application "update" problem.
From what I can tell MioMore desktop application doesn't really do anything good for the consumer.
Am I wrong?
I see a place to sink up photos?
Really? On my KITT GPS? Why?
The only thing that really works for me is deleting TTS or other voices from my MIO. :roll: And why would I want to do that?
Should I just delete MioMore desktop application from my PC? It's getting ALLOT of bad rap on the GPS forums right now. :|
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

kittrules
Volunteer

Post by kittrules » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:11 pm

We unfortunately have had some issues with Mio More Desktop and Knight Rider GPS. I am unaware of any plans to provide a download to address the problem. For now I would recommend not using your Mio More Desktop in conjunction with the Knight Rider GPS product.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:16 pm

Understood.Thanks for the quick reply. :good:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:44 pm

hello there!i can not purchse the sd card via mio site cause it is only for people who live in the states!i try mio of europe but they don't have it!what can i do now!i already have the knight rider gps for about one month now but i can not do anything with it!please help!if anyone here are king enoygh to purchase it for me and i will send him/her the money via paypal!thanks a lot in advance!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 pm

stelios_z28 wrote:hello there!i can not purchse the sd card via mio site cause it is only for people who live in the states!i try mio of europe but they don't have it!what can i do now!i already have the knight rider gps for about one month now but i can not do anything with it!please help!if anyone here are king enoygh to purchase it for me and i will send him/her the money via paypal!thanks a lot in advance!
Stelios_z28,
Your post is so confusing, where to begin...
You can't buy an sd card in Greece?

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 am

i went to the http://www.mio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site to order the Item Code: 541316860223 which is the sd card with the european maps including greece!this site is registerd to united states only!it does not ship outside the staes!so i went to the mio of europe but they not only don't have the sd card but also not even the knight rider gps!i look everywhere for this sd card..even on ebay!!nobody has it!!so i say..if anyone from here is kind enough to purchase it for me and send it to me..i'll send him the money via paypal!i will apreciate it!!

michael_hasselhoff
Stranger

Post by michael_hasselhoff » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:39 am

kittrules wrote:Hey folks! We just started selling maps of both Western and Eastern Europe on the Mio E-Store, http://estore.mio.com... and they're compatible with the Knight Rider GPS unit. So, for you folks in the UK and what not... you can now buy the KRGPS plus the Europe maps and you're good to go!

Now only if we had the Hoff... we know how much Germans love David Hasselhoff... thanks Norm McDonald!

Kitt Rules
Hi there, I was just wondering how I could order the Europe maps. For the moment it's only available in the US and Canada.
Does anyone have an idea ? :?

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:51 am

michael_hasselhoff wrote:
kittrules wrote:Hey folks! We just started selling maps of both Western and Eastern Europe on the Mio E-Store, http://estore.mio.com... and they're compatible with the Knight Rider GPS unit. So, for you folks in the UK and what not... you can now buy the KRGPS plus the Europe maps and you're good to go!

Kitt Rules
Hi there, I was just wondering how I could order the Europe maps. For the moment it's only available in the US and Canada.
Does anyone have an idea ? :?
join the club my friend!!

michael_hasselhoff
Stranger

Post by michael_hasselhoff » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Yeah thanks :good: :wink:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:25 am

so much for wishful thinking!!!!

ryan109b
Stranger

Post by ryan109b » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Has anyone yet found a solution to this problem - how to get hold of the European map updates for Uk buyers? - If so, please let me know!!

It appears the only way may be to find someone in the US willing to send the item over!

Hmmmmm.........

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:37 am

i ask that a long time ago but as i see noone will take the responsibility to do that!!also i asked 2-3 sellers on ebay that they selling mio products and ship worldwide about the european maps.....but i didn't took any reply!!it seem that this gps is cursed!!

kittkkarr
Volunteer

Post by kittkkarr » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 am

:dash4: i used the miomore desktop here in the uk and activated the map that is on the software dvd from mio using the reference for the mio moov 310. when selecting the europe map from list it says some maps did not load correctly. however i have had no problems in using at all. hope that helps someone. all my addresses and routes so far have been trouble free. :kitt:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:56 am

you use that on knight rider gps??cause unti know i dowload every single map from the mio website and no map is compatible!the only solution that mio gives is the SD CARD with european maps!

kittkkarr
Volunteer

Post by kittkkarr » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:42 am

stelios_z28 wrote:you use that on knight rider gps??cause unti know i dowload every single map from the mio website and no map is compatible!the only solution that mio gives is the SD CARD with european maps!
:D yes i activated from the mio site for 45 euros. registered with them saying i had a moov 310. did have my boss's sister in canada that was willing to send me the sd card but it worked so saved cash :lol: :D :dash:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 pm

ok!!one more question please!!from the mio site of usa or from the mio site of europe!!can you gine me a direct link from the download area of the site!!thanks in advance mate!if this works...you just make a very very happy guy in greece!!so happy that he can through a party tonight cause his gps is gonna work finally!!!!

kittkkarr
Volunteer

Post by kittkkarr » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 pm

stelios_z28 wrote:ok!!one more question please!!from the mio site of usa or from the mio site of europe!!can you gine me a direct link from the download area of the site!!thanks in advance mate!if this works...you just make a very very happy guy in greece!!so happy that he can through a party tonight cause his gps is gonna work finally!!!!
http://eu.mio.com/shop/product_info.php ... ts_id=1125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the address for the activation code for western europe.
hope it works out for you as it has for me :D