SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Post by spyhunter » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 pm

I guess the show is trying it's hardest to get CANCELLED!

Did they run out of money to purchase an additional Mustang to play the part? Here's a clue, use a Trans-Am, it's what they should have done with KITT if they wanted this show to actually last.

SH

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:18 pm

There should be a rule against repetitive naysaying on these boards. You guys aren't saying a single new or useful thing. What's done is done, so we might as well try to let ourselves enjoy it. Personally, I'm looking forward to KARR as a psycho military robot--especially if it's indeed Peter Cullen providing his voice after all.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:27 pm

spyhunter wrote:I guess the show is trying it's hardest to get CANCELLED!

Did they run out of money to purchase an additional Mustang to play the part? Here's a clue, use a Trans-Am, it's what they should have done with KITT if they wanted this show to actually last.

SH

:roll:

Yeah, KARR (new or original) as a Trans-Am would have made a lot more sense. As would having a new KITT put into a model of vehicle that's been out of production for nearly a decade, let alone a model that's nearly 30 years old.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:46 pm

The reel was really cool. I love seeing the behind-the-scenes things, and it was cool to see the different layers of animation for all the shots taken.

I hope that KARR 08 is cool enough to bring back more viewer, I really do. Has anyone seen any NBC promos for this yet? The silence will kill...

goldbug, :o

I understand that you thought that robots meant they should look like a human shape, if not in scale, at least like transformers, go-bots, voltron, etc...\

it's just, i never thought of KARR and KITT being anything else than what they were, a prototype car of the future, and his inferior production line copy "brother'". There was no delineation, thinking that KITT would ever change shape, form, etc..(that ep with KITT changing into the 1-seated sports car, yet keeping the roomy interior, that was fluff for me).

I also think it's funny that they named a car KARR...it's just so obvious...it also makes you wonder, which came first, KITT with the pilot movie and first few eps, and then KARR, or did Glen Lawson and his staff have KARR waiting in the wings from the beginning???

I wonder if Victor Krol has any input into this???

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:21 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: :roll:

Yeah, KARR (new or original) as a Trans-Am would have made a lot more sense. As would having a new KITT put into a model of vehicle that's been out of production for nearly a decade, let alone a model that's nearly 30 years old.
What if in a new Dukes show the General Lee were one of those poor excuses for a new Charger driving around, do you think that would work? Or worse yet, completely change brands and go with um, a Mustang, yeah puke my f'n guts out...

SH

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:34 pm

I just realized that we are seeing the back side of KARR in the video. For some reason, I thought it was the front.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:43 pm

spyhunter wrote: What if in a new Dukes show the General Lee were one of those poor excuses for a new Charger driving around, do you think that would work? Or worse yet, completely change brands and go with um, a Mustang, yeah puke my f'n guts out...

SH
Dukes of Hazzard used an old car to begin with (was it a 67 or 69 Charger) even though the show was over a decade later...

The point was KITT (of EITHER generation) is meant to be futuristic inside but relatively normal looking on the outside, using a 1982 T/A now would serve no purpose whatsoever...

besides dya not think there's enough T/A in the new show as it is... ??? ( :wink: sorry could'nt resist....)

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Darn is that a Car or a frekaing Terminator that thing is SCARYYY! that battle is going to be awesome! But man by the looks of it KITT might need the help of all the Autobots including Optimus Prime to defeat a thing like this! This KARR is like the Doomsday version of Knight Rider now!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:10 am

My prediction is we will see KARR using something from KITT's programming to assimulate the Mustang shell. So, for what we know and have seen KARR as a robotic terror machine, just get ready. This is going to be probably the only storyline we will all see this season that carries from start to finish (in three episodes).

Just one thing I want to get off my chest. I'm so sick and tired of people desiring KITT and KARR to be the exact vehicles from the 80's.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:32 am

Well it's one thing for people wanting KARR to be the same AI. But KARR's Trans Am body is DESTROYED. Why the hell would he be in a Trans Am? If KI2T did ever show up, I'd like for him to be in the T/A, but KARR's is in a billion pieces.

I'm not sure I get why KARR is in a Mustang either, for that matter, but I get that they're trying to recreate the identical-ness aspect (except of course...for the giant robot mode)
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:53 am

I was thinking about this last night and I don't think it would make sense for KARR's scanner (if he has one this time) to be yellow. It was yellow before because the ocean corroded it. However, he has been built again from scratch. So it should be RED or another colour. They may make it yellow again for the sake of the old fans but it wouldn't really be logical.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:00 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:
I also think it's funny that they named a car KARR...it's just so obvious...it also makes you wonder, which came first, KITT with the pilot movie and first few eps, and then KARR, or did Glen Larson and his staff have KARR waiting in the wings from the beginning???

I wonder if Victor Krol has any input into this???
Based on the information available, KARR was not part of the pilot/pitch continuity as he was simply created for the episode "Trust Doesn't Rust" though you will find brief mention of him in the "show bible" that evolved over the course of the first two seasons. The novel adaptation of TDR drops him reasonably well into the expanded pilot continuity that became the show (the novel picks up right after the pilot novel and also gives KITT the updated voice modulator display that he got in a later first season episode which had aired before the novel was out) but the episode itself simply shoves him into the "villain of the week" position with little beyond a few throwaway lines to place his existence before the pilot.

As far as Glen Larson goes, despite his name on the show as creator, he was not heavily involved in making it like a lot of people seem to think he was. Yes he created it and produced it, but he had very little to do with the show outside of getting it off the ground and possibly tweaking it here and there. He never wrote any episodes beyond the pitch (which was expanded with additional shooting to become the pilot) or had much of a mark on the show beyond that point because he was involved with many other Universal TV projects simultaneously while Knight Rider was in production. If he had created Knight Rider in today's Hollywood, he would have certainly been heavily involved in the running of the show but back then the focus was on saturating the airwaves with as much stuff as possible and his job in Hollywood was that of a show-starter. He came up with concepts and sold them to studios like Universal for a royalty paycheck and producer salary. Unfortunately, because of the way things were usually done back then, he got the short end of the stick after his shows ran their course and Universal decided to resurrect them in various forms without his creative input or involvement.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:33 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:My prediction is we will see KARR using something from KITT's programming to assimulate the Mustang shell. So, for what we know and have seen KARR as a robotic terror machine, just get ready. This is going to be probably the only storyline we will all see this season that carries from start to finish (in three episodes).

Just one thing I want to get off my chest. I'm so sick and tired of people desiring KITT and KARR to be the exact vehicles from the 80's.
KARR has his own shell which transforms into a robot though the information that first surfaced regarding the episode in question where the SCC is "invaded" certainly could have been interpreted to reach that conclusion. The premise behind the recent shenanigans in Knight Of The Living Dead is that someone is rebuilding KARR but needs KITT's basic programming (essentially the software layer between KITT's AI and his physical shell with nanotechnology) to make KARR functional again which means KARR was disabled or all but destroyed during his rampage. So far as we know, it looks like some of KITT's hardware and software is going to be appropriated by force for use in rebuilding KARR. Torres is likely in on it in some way given his behavior and the way he pocketed the drive containing the stolen files at the end of that episode.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:19 pm

kitt34 wrote:This is gonna really stink horribly, KARR as a transformer?

What a Joke.
Why?
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

KAISER
Volunteer

Post by KAISER » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Short Circuit, what a nice time :)
Looking forward to see that Johnny Number 5 again, yeah!

By the way, The All New Knight K.A.R.R. is very cool, looks rough and scary too. Just need a real good back story that links between TOS and the new one.

Can't wait for January! :karr:
I am the Knight Artificial Intelligence for Stealth Espionage Rover. KAISER, if you prefer.

coach41
Recruit

Post by coach41 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:33 am

Interesting......was it me, or was it Goliath in the reel? :D Seriously, it was a big truck though.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:10 am

In the Canadian description for the Jan 7 episode it says that Sarah and Dr. Graiman work on repairing a robot. I wonder if it's the KARR robot that they're working on?

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:16 am

KARR look s like this

Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:06 am

Knight316 wrote:In the Canadian description for the Jan 7 episode it says that Sarah and Dr. Graiman work on repairing a robot. I wonder if it's the KARR robot that they're working on?

I remember reading that it will be a robot that Graiman built with some sort of limited AI. Not KARR.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Lexicon wrote:
Knight316 wrote:In the Canadian description for the Jan 7 episode it says that Sarah and Dr. Graiman work on repairing a robot. I wonder if it's the KARR robot that they're working on?

I remember reading that it will be a robot that Graiman built with some sort of limited AI. Not KARR.
It's name is Hank, you can read snippets from the script for that episode here-
http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/09/k ... cript.html
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:14 am

the script was removed for copyright violations
Save the Clocktower!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Here is the news that alot were wondering - Peter Cullen is official!

viewtopic.php?f=1048&t=13211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:40 pm

KICK *SS!!! Wow, I can not WAIT!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Heres a sneek peek of kitt vs karr
http://tinyurl.com/KITTvsKARR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (WARNING: Rick Roll ahead :roll: )
Save the Clocktower!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:49 pm

You're over a year too late with the whole Rick Roll thing, it's not the least bit funny anymore. Though if you took the video segment from the MKF video as an opening for it and then had it go into a Rick Roll then maybe it would be worth a chuckle. But either way, you don't need to keep posting that link, once as more than enough.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: