Announcing a special Knight Rider New Year's Bash!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Announcing a special Knight Rider New Year's Bash!

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 am

Ok, I've got this idea to have a New Year's Eve party here on Knight Rider Online! :) Check out the upcoming Holiday Edition of the podcast which will be released soon!

Ok, ok... I'll give you some of the details... LOL! Only if you don't mind being spoiled!
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER: Party Details
The party starts in the chat room at 8 / 7 Central at the start of the airing of the return of Knight Rider! Chat with other fans about the show and/or check out the live episode thread Neil usually posts. After Knight Rider, stick around until Midnight (your time) and we'll all celebrate bringing in the New Year! Of course we will probably celebrate it a few times as people are in different time zones but hey, all the more celebration is all the more fun! :)

And after the Knight Rider show I'll start a New Year's Party thread we can also all post in, sharing memories of the past year of Knight Rider, our favorite episodes, even talk of the classic series. We've had quite a ride!

There might be more too. We'll see. ;)
The next podcast (#8) is the Holiday Edition and we have a lot of cool surprises for you (if you haven't been reading the news section lately and/or didn't read the spoiler above, you'll definitely be surprised)! :)

We're also going on holiday break with the podcast and the next one will be in January. So December gets only one podcast while January brings us back to two a month.

So I figured since we would be on holiday break with the podcast, LET'S PARTY ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!

And remember... KITT wants us all to NOT drink and drive! Not even a soda! Nope. No distractions. Buckle up and drive responsibly. :) That goes through the whole holiday season, really.

:karr: :kitt:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Announcing a special Knight Rider New Year's Bash!

Post by weeezl » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Sounds fun!

You can count me in as Im not going out to celebrate this year, Im staying in due to not being able to get a babysitter and Im not mean enough to go out on my own and leave the fam at home.

Not that I really mind too much, Im putting a minibar in the living room in a couple of days :dance:

Now I just need a little bit more will power as Im rather partial to a drink or six :D

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:05 pm

I hope I can come,but I'm not sure because I have to go to my mom's friend's New Years Party,but maybe I can try to get some time on the computer at their house! :)
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Sounds like fun! The most of you will be celebrating midnight right as KR is ending for me. This will be my first west coast New Years. I wonder how it works out here. Do they reair Times Square or show it live?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Sue, I get the same channels you do. They will do a reair and have the countdown at our time.

What is really cool though, (I haven't been able to watch New Years lately) they show the big extravaganza of fireworks in Vegas. Wow! what a display. Las Vegas will be packed, like Times Square, but they will close off the streets and fire fireworks off of many of the hotels. It is quite the sight to see. VegasMike might know more about it.

Fuzzie, I just started listening to the podcasts haven't gotten to the most recent yet but this sounds like fun. Will I be able to join in after work or is it an instant New Years thing (like right at countdown)?
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:10 pm

The party starts at the airing of Knight Rider (8 eastern, 7 central, etc.) and will continue past the New Year's (well, I might not stay up too late. I'm on Eastern time zone so I might stay up just past 12 midnight Eastern or as long as I can. :) )

I'll probably be hanging out in the chat rooms when KR is on (8 eastern for me) to start with though.

I submitted podcast #8 to Neil so it's up to him to get it published. Should be up soon, hopefully.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:00 am

The online chat seems to be down at the moment but hopefully it will be up by the 31st. Thank you to those who have noticed this.

Here's the plans (now that podcast #8 is out, too :) )

When Knight Rider returns to the air waves, I'll be in our chat channel. If you can't get to it from the link here at KRO, fire up an IRC program such as mIRC or vIRC and log on to irc.freenode.net. The channel is #knightrider. I'll be in there starting at 8pm EST, when Knight Rider airs in my area. I plan to stay until after midnight EST or as long as I can after midnight, to help see in the new year. :)

Also, if you can't get into or just not into IRC chat, you can always catch Neil's normal episode thread here when Knight Rider is on. We'll have discussions there as well.

At 9pm EST (after KR my time) I'll be starting a special New Year's Eve Party thread for those of you who don't make it into the chat but still want to celebrate the New Year with us. :)

Hope to see everyone here on KRO on New Year's Eve! And Happy Holidays everyone! :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:41 pm

** BUMP ** Thought I'd bump this up to remind everyone of the Online New Year's Eve Bash! :)

And I want to wish everyone a very Happy and Safe Holiday Season! :)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:42 pm

I'll be in the chatroom too, hopefully the web client is back by then since the place has been pretty dead lately without it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:35 am

I just now checked and it seems to be working. Though you can still get to it without a web client as mentioned previously. Hopefully everyone will be able to get in ok.

Remember, the New Year's Eve bash is in two days! Starts at 8pm Eastern!

I hear that the episode that will be airing is "Knight Fever" and it's not that great an episode. I hope I heard wrong. But at least hopefully we'll have other fans to chat with and maybe we can make it even more entertaining! :)

See ya at the online party and have a safe and Happy New Year! :)

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Count Me In :) :good:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:08 am

I'd love to come, but...I'm going to a party of my best friend's, but it doesn't mean I won't have you guys in mind! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:25 am

Enjoy your time at the party! :) The best thing is, just to enjoy the New Year's Eve and New Year's Day festivities. And do so safe and responsibly. :)

Tomorrow is the big night. Everyone ready for KR that is able to see it? I can't wait... Finally weekly KR fix. I'm very much looking forward to KARR too later in the series!

Hope to see at least some of you in chat and/or on the forums tomorrow night!

Whether you can make it or not... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:37 am

I'll be bringing some nice tasty spoiler treats to the party. Check the news section at midnight east coast time.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:34 am

I'll have to check out those special spoiler details tomorrow morning. That is when I am able to check out the feedback from tonight's episode. I get to watch it live then I have to leave for work. My computer and my tv are on separate floors so I can't be apart of the live chat. If I didn't have to work I could join you guys after the episode but Wal Mart wouldn't like that. We are the only new show on broadcast tv tonight hopfully we can get some first time viewers that will stay with the show. I sure hope they start advertising for the new direction during tonight's episode so they can hook any new viewers or any former ones that give it another chance since nothing else new is on. Next week we are virtually alone again except for one new show can't think of what it is off the top of my head. Unfortunately for episode 11 we start our run against American Idol. Have a Happy New Year everyone I'l be cleaning my local Wal Mart as we bring in the new year.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:00 am

@Sue - Tasty Spoiler Treats! YUM!! :)

@March2875 - Sorry to hear you have to work. But at least you get a KR fix before going in. :) I'll have a New Year's thread going as well so you could probably check that when you get back as well.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:43 pm

Hmm, I dunno if I'll be able to make it tonight now that I've been up for over 48 hours with like five hours of sleep. :shock:

I think I'll try to get some sleep now.... Hopefully I'll fall asleep for about seven hours.... Damn insomnia.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 pm

I'll make it tonight but won't be off work until 1:00am Pacific Coast time. Sounds like fun. Sounds like I'm not only one with weird hours.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Ok, folks, ready? :)

At 8pm Eastern I'll be in the chatroom (see link at top of page). Then after Knight Rider (9pm) I'll be starting a *SEPARATE* New Year's thread here in the forum. I'll link to it from this thread so folks can find it but I'm sure it'll stay on top. I'll be in that thread, the live discussion thread and chatroom alternatingly (can't be in 3 places at once. LOL!) throughout the night until after midnight Eastern Time. Then I really need to get to bed not too long after.

However, all the threads and the chatroom is open 24/7 so if you can't make it when I'm in, go on in anyway and you'll probably see other fans still up and around from different time zones.

Join in anytime you can and have fun!

Watch this thread for the New Year's Party Thread Link!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:03 pm

New Year's Party Thread is now open here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come join us! We are also in the chat room as well!