The Knight Rider 2008 Constructive Criticism Thread

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The Knight Rider 2008 Constructive Criticism Thread

Post by Josch Schulz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:58 am

The most Problem is that peope can not identificate with that series. Everybody says we fans are from the old school site and wants to see something like that. Thats okay but walk arround and ask the people about Knight Rider. When you aks somebody what Knight Rider was, they say "David Hasselhoff and the Black Trans Am, the cool car". I mean okay, we have new times but its funny that the people dont like the new show becuase nothing from her old show is in it. It based on the concept but I think what people wants to see is more Hoff and more original KITT. More Humanity. They watch Knight Rider for those reasons and they missed it very much. Everybody says we have to be open for the new series but why is nobody want to watch it and they say we missed the old heros. The show has a very good background, it need new writers and must be taken away from the trasformers stuff. If not the people dont change alot, then our series is gone and Knight Rider mayby has a bad image problem, for a long time....
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

evangeline5432
Volunteer

Post by evangeline5432 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:16 am

When Kitt is "shut down" "he" practically helpless. Why on earth...Kitt needs to have a operational protective shell when for when "shut down"! :?
:kitt2:Kitt blingee
I make Knight Rider vids----> My youtube channel

cdoyle
Volunteer

Post by cdoyle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:30 am

evangeline5432 wrote:When Kitt is "shut down" "he" practically helpless. Why on earth...Kitt needs to have a operational protective shell when for when "shut down"! :?
I agree, I was shocked in the pilot when they revealed this. It made no sense at all, why the old KITT was always protected no matter what, but the new kitt was only protected when he was on.

automatedrovingrobot
Volunteer

Post by automatedrovingrobot » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:40 am

:karr:
I understand people have a problem that the new series in not a direct follow on from the old one in the same style as the 2008 movie was. In a way it was like they skipped an episode, where we would have seen Mike Traceur brought to the SSC, told about the history of Knight Industries and KITT, with Graiman giving us some back story. That would have appealed to us die hards, but not so much to the new audience that this show needs to prosper.
I feel that while it might not have as many of the traits of TOS, it is certainly more in the spirit of the show than the likes of Team Knight Rider or Knight Rider 2000 ever were. In fact the latter was the lowest point of the whole genre in my opinion.
Expecting Hasselhoff to be in the show is like thinking James Bond can't exist without Sean Connery, or every Superman film must have Christopher Reeves. They did honour him in the pilot, and that should be enough. He's Michael Knight, he's too old for the action hero role and it would be a totally out of character to play him as the new Devon Miles. In fact Graiman was perfect for this and I am sorry that he got canned.
I think if you threw in that missing episode there would be a lot less complaints from the diehards, but somebody in marketing didn't think it was the right thing to do.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:25 pm

TURBO BOOST - Please stop the silly camera angles, I know you have not got enough cars yet but can't u guys create a CGI motion of kitt actually leaping into the air with one camera shot and no cuts. That’s what I really want to see. ALSO IT DOES NOT LOOK REAL!!! PLEASE SORT IT OUT. (I know y cant u just get the shell of the mustang and bolt it to a different chassis. That’s what the old knight rider use to do, sometimes u could tell though, but I don’t know if it would be cheaper.) If it is DO IT. THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 4 TURBO BOOSTS FROM 13 EPISODES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THAT’S APPALING U REALLY HAVE TO SORT THAT OUT, WHERE HAS SKI MODE GONE ETC.

I want to see KITT starting himself up, I want to see his accelerator moving I want to see buttons and gadgets like the old car, just make it more advanced, don’t keep the car to standard it don't make it look original like the original KITT. I also want to see Mike use the actual controls of the car. :dash:

Things I would like to here is KITT I NEED YAH ... ON MY WAY....ETC

STOP USING GREEN SCREEN WHEN MIKE IS IN THE CAR OR WHEN KITT IS DRIVING BY HIMSELF (I do know as the revs and the Speedo always look like there on 0). IT ADDS A SENSE OF REALSIM (I do media studies I know these things.)

PLEASE CHANGE THE THEME TUNE; JUST USE THE ORIGINAL IT’S WAY BETTER. GET STU PHILLIPS TO MAKE AN UPDATED VERSION OF IT. THE ONE U USE NOW IS S**T.

GET RID OF ATTACK MODE, IT MAKES THE CAR LOOK FAT AND UGLY, JUST LIKE SPM ON THE ORIGINAL KITT. I HATE IT, I LIKE WATCHING THE BEUTY OF THE MUSTANG AND THE PONTIAC.

O yeah, this stupid thing Kitt has got. Self recovery, well it doesn’t work. Evident in episode 4 when Kitt goes I can not sustain another hit. GET THE MOLECULAR BONDED SHELL BACK. It adds a bit of excitement and something to look at when a bullet struck the original car and a spark would emit) (Maybe kitt could get destroyed at the end of the season in order to get the 2nd series on the way) + get these changes on the way.

Y U KILLING THE CREATOR OF KITT. NOOOOOOOO!!! HE SHOULD JUST LEAVE. (THE SAME REASON 4 HAVING HIS TWIN IN THE PILOT.)

GET DAVID HASSELHOF TO PLAY THE ROLE OF DEVON (well not Devon but Knight but as the leader now), kill of the Chinese girl (SORRY) KEEP Billy as KITTS mechanic and Sarah well she has to die or leave or something because u cant have a relationship going on with the main crime defeater as this is a vulnerability for both of them.

PLEASE GET WILLIAM DANNIELS TO BE THE VOICE OF KITT AGAIN, ERM THIS GEEZA U GOT NOW IS S**T (can’t remember his name, he played batman though). NO EMOTION OR HUMAN FEATURES WHAT SO EVER, THE WAY HE SPEAKS IS JUST IN ONE FLAT NOTE WITH
GAPS IN BETWEEN EACH WORD. Its VERY ANNOYING AND DOSN’T ALLOW THE AUDIENCE TO CONNECT WITH KITT.

If u want knight rider to continue just watch the middle/end part of season 1 and season 2 of knight rider, because they are the best seasons, and just implement it into this show.

This is what I believe is wrong with the show at the moment, I hope this eventually reaches somebody who can actually put my suggestions forward. (Don’t know if it will though, but have to try. Very big fan of the original show.)

:kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

Handzus' Stupid Fro
Operative

Post by Handzus' Stupid Fro » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:21 pm

In other words you just want the new KR to be TOS? lol...

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 pm

the original KITT wrote:TURBO BOOST - Please stop the silly camera angles, I know you have not got enough cars yet but can't u guys create a CGI motion of kitt actually leaping into the air with one camera shot and no cuts. That’s what I really want to see. ALSO IT DOES NOT LOOK REAL!!! PLEASE SORT IT OUT. (I know y cant u just get the shell of the mustang and bolt it to a different chassis. That’s what the old knight rider use to do, sometimes u could tell though, but I don’t know if it would be cheaper.) If it is DO IT. THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 4 TURBO BOOSTS FROM 13 EPISODES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THAT’S APPALING U REALLY HAVE TO SORT THAT OUT, WHERE HAS SKI MODE GONE ETC.

I want to see KITT starting himself up, I want to see his accelerator moving I want to see buttons and gadgets like the old car, just make it more advanced, don’t keep the car to standard it don't make it look original like the original KITT. I also want to see Mike use the actual controls of the car. :dash:

STOP USING GREEN SCREEN WHEN MIKE IS IN THE CAR OR WHEN KITT IS DRIVING BY HIMSELF (I do know as the revs and the Speedo always look like there on 0). IT ADDS A SENSE OF REALSIM (I do media studies I know these things.)

PLEASE CHANGE THE THEME TUNE; JUST USE THE ORIGINAL IT’S WAY BETTER. GET STU PHILLIPS TO MAKE AN UPDATED VERSION OF IT. THE ONE U USE NOW IS S**T.

GET RID OF ATTACK MODE, IT MAKES THE CAR LOOK FAT AND UGLY, JUST LIKE SPM ON THE ORIGINAL KITT. I HATE IT, I LIKE WATCHING THE BEUTY OF THE MUSTANG AND THE PONTIAC.

O yeah, this stupid thing Kitt has got. Self recovery, well it doesn’t work. Evident in episode 4 when Kitt goes I can not sustain another hit. GET THE MOLECULAR BONDED SHELL BACK. It adds a bit of excitement and something to look at when a bullet struck the original car and a spark would emit) (Maybe kitt could get destroyed at the end of the season in order to get the 2nd series on the way) + get these changes on the way.

Y U KILLING THE CREATOR OF KITT. NOOOOOOOO!!! HE SHOULD JUST LEAVE. (THE SAME REASON 4 HAVING HIS TWIN IN THE PILOT.)

GET DAVID HASSELHOF TO PLAY THE ROLE OF DEVON (well not Devon but Knight but as the leader now), kill of the Chinese girl (SORRY) KEEP Billy as KITTS mechanic and Sarah well she has to die or leave or something because u cant have a relationship going on with the main crime defeater as this is a vulnerability for both of them.

PLEASE GET WILLIAM DANNIELS TO BE THE VOICE OF KITT AGAIN, ERM THIS GEEZA U GOT NOW IS S**T (can’t remember his name, he played batman though). NO EMOTION OR HUMAN FEATURES WHAT SO EVER, THE WAY HE SPEAKS IS JUST IN ONE FLAT NOTE WITH
GAPS IN BETWEEN EACH WORD. Its VERY ANNOYING AND DOSN’T ALLOW THE AUDIENCE TO CONNECT WITH KITT.

If u want knight rider to continue just watch the middle/end part of season 1 and season 2 of knight rider, because they are the best seasons, and just implement it into this show.

This is what I believe is wrong with the show at the moment, I hope this eventually reaches somebody who can actually put my suggestions forward. (Don’t know if it will though, but have to try. Very big fan of the original show.)

We all understand how you feel,but there are a few things you have to know:it's too expensive now to jump a real car,second off the new KITT(we all call him KI3T when we refer to him)is still learning.That's why he's monotone right now.Did you see the episode Knight Fever when he did have some human tones?We also did see Mike use KI3T's HUD take place of physical buttons.Even though this show does retain the main elements,keep in mind that it's a sequel and NBC has time,budget,and even car usage restraints.Plus,GM doesn't want anything to do with KR anymore.

But I can agree with you on a few things:We want original KITT to return,the fact that they're killing off Dr.G,and of course KITT starting up by himself.I hope that if this show gets a second season,they'll give this show a bigger budget.There's too many restraints for this show,plus I don't think NBC will think it would be a good idea to have an "exact clone" of the original series.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Handzus' Stupid Fro wrote:In other words you just want the new KR to be TOS? lol...
Yep...lolll, just wanted to get all those things of my chest :D
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
the original KITT wrote:TURBO BOOST - Please stop the silly camera angles, I know you have not got enough cars yet but can't u guys create a CGI motion of kitt actually leaping into the air with one camera shot and no cuts. That’s what I really want to see. ALSO IT DOES NOT LOOK REAL!!! PLEASE SORT IT OUT. (I know y cant u just get the shell of the mustang and bolt it to a different chassis. That’s what the old knight rider use to do, sometimes u could tell though, but I don’t know if it would be cheaper.) If it is DO IT. THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 4 TURBO BOOSTS FROM 13 EPISODES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THAT’S APPALING U REALLY HAVE TO SORT THAT OUT, WHERE HAS SKI MODE GONE ETC.

We all understand how you feel,but there are a few things you have to know:it's too expensive now to jump a real car,second off the new KITT(we all call him KI3T when we refer to him)is still learning.That's why he's monotone right now.Did you see the episode Knight Fever when he did have some human tones?We also did see Mike use KI3T's HUD take place of physical buttons.Even though this show does retain the main elements,keep in mind that it's a sequel and NBC has time,budget,and even car usage restraints.Plus,GM doesn't want anything to do with KR anymore.

But I can agree with you on a few things:We want original KITT to return,the fact that they're killing off Dr.G,and of course KITT starting up by himself.I hope that if this show gets a second season,they'll give this show a bigger budget.There's too many restraints for this show,plus I don't think NBC will think it would be a good idea to have an "exact clone" of the original series.
Also understand what u are saying about the Turbo Boost and other things... I know they can't afford to do a real Turbo Boost. A question then, how come TOS did so many in the first series, also in the pilot. (the pilot had about 4). I doubt they pay full price for the KR500, they probably pay stock price. Bit stupid if they are paying full price. ALso the Attack mode car is eating into their budget further, without it they could buy more standard cars in order to do bigger and greater stunts.

(Did u know that they only did about 8 Turbo boosts in the last series of Knight rider, know wonder it got axed)

Turbo boost is KI2T's signature stunt
It should also b KI3T's.

:kitt:

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:03 am

Oh yeah and one more thing. TOS theme music should be used in the new knight rider, but different versions of it(if they wont change the theme tune back). If they do still do it, should make the episode better. A good example of this is Brothers Keeper (season 2 episode 2) (When KI2T goes to get Michael out of jail) it starts when KI2T pulls out of the semi. (too good) Another is Goiliath (season 2 episode 1) after Randy dies and during the whole episode.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tzaFLI9wnPI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- u get the idea

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K7QtJ9pA9o0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-this is knight rider and airwolf someone has edited, but listen to the different versions of the knight rider theme, it just makes it better.

3.37 is the goliath opening

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:51 am

Furthermore, more wheel spins, power slides (fishtailing out around a corner), drifting, 180s etc. Even locking up the front wheels coming to a stop or the rear would be good. Things like this should be constant in a car programme just like TOS.

Make it more flamboyant

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Hmm...Honestly, I have only one major criticism to offer, and that pertains to the rather excessive use of transformations.

As to the transformations, in my view KITT's transforming abilities should be restricted to:

1. Aesthetic modifications of external appearance. Changing the car's appearance while remaining a Ford Mustang - as seen in the Pilot movie and in "Knight of the Living Dead"
2. Attack Mode. And while I'm at it, I'd prefer Attack Mode to be something closer to what we got in the Pilot Movie rather than this Fast-and-the-Furious-wannabe-rice-rocket Attack Mode from the series. Also, Turbo Boost should be available even in regular mode, not just in Attack Mode.
3. Off-Road configuration, as long as it's not an F-150.

And that's it. None of that transforming into minivans or whatever.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:29 pm

K.A.C.I. wrote: And that's it. None of that transforming into minivans or whatever.
But if KI3T morphs into a 4th. or 8th. gen Civic,I'm all for it! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:28 pm

I think KITT's dash could use some reworking. Don't get me wrong though because I understand the crews basic philosophy behind how it was designed. Thing is, I know we live in the era of i-pod but I don't think it has to mean the dash is so aggressively plain. Sleek is one thing, dull is another.

I've talked about the need to trim the cast before and that's basically coming to pass. I do hope though that there is still someone acting in some sort of Devon capacity for Mike, Sarah, Billy and Zoe when all is said and done.

I don't mind the show having some sexual tension or even having some fun with the characters being so damned attractive in that respect but I feel like we've kind of hit this place where every episode seems to have some requisite sex wackyness hing going on. I mean hey, I'm a guy and I think this is fun aspect of the show but they need to ease off a little bit to keep from making it so damn silly.

New opening sequence is nice. The music still needs work. The start is great but when the riffs switch it just sounds awful because that beginning riff of the classic Knight Rider OP they updated doesn't flow naturally into the one they made up. Just update the other part of the classic KR theme to and it'll work well together.

KARR as a tank-robot. Not really feelin it. I hope they establish some sort of link to the original KARR though because if this is going to be a continuation it doesn't make sense somebody pull out that same name for a totally unrelated tank thing. (Has there been any news of wether or not the bot will have some sort of car form?)

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Day Turns Into Knight

I really enjoyed this epiosde it was quite good. Finnaly a decent turbo boost. We got to see the actual lauch. Only thing wrong with it is Mike looks like he's gonna go threw the windsrreen when it hits the cement. (Also not a very good camera angle) Hasselhoffs jump on the seat and "wooooooooo" is much better.(and camera angle/shot is better) Implement that. Still waiting for one whole turbo boost from lauch to ground with no cuts.

:kitt:

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:34 am

Also KI3T should have eject left and right. Therefore meaning he needs a "t-top" like KI2T. instead of Mike jumping out of the car. (episode before day turns into Knight)

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:17 am

What's hypnotic about seeing KITT on the road? Well, it' KITT on the road :lol:

There are few scenes in KRO8 that show some good scenes of KITT cruising down the highway. The clips are too short in the new series. I've found a link that shows some clips of KI2T winding along the roads with just one long straight camera shot. You'll see what I mean by going to my link.

Just good ol' driving scenes....nice long driving scenes. Kind of makes me wonder now with all the Ford speculators hating on Knight Rider today if Pontiac might have had an itchy palm back during TOS...just a kidding joke. Settledownnow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_HB2FouQU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just love the track playing during this video. I'm downloading that song from Boards Of Canada right now.

yiddo
Stranger

Post by yiddo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 pm

My biggest gripe is that they don't leave enough to the imagination. Some of the CGI shots are shocking. IMO if it doesn't look real, than why show it? Every time my gf tries watching she just laughs at the cgi and says "it looks so fake". Some of it is like early 90's stuff!

Also what was with those 3 girls in the car park with their breasts all pushed up!? Please, it was like watching a bad bad last season baywatch! It served no purpose to the episode whatsoever.

What I think does look good though, is the night time shots of stealth kit. No headlights showing really makes it feel more like the original kit. The original kit was so much more stealth looking.

standgeo
Volunteer

Post by standgeo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:15 pm

I couldn' t agree more with most of the posts!! Here is my opinion of the show:
First of all the transformations. Even attack mode is kindly said not serious!!! Drag car why?
And all these Ford models adv!!! Awful!!! In the pilot was said something much more believable: nanotechnology allowed Kitt to change shape but not size!! He could change color or even shape just in the attack mode that was, although not neccessary, quite nice. But only the outside of the car that nanotech could be applied. In the series we see Kitt change in and out to ad all Ford models!!! That could not be believable and also sucks!!!

Also all these FBI and terrorist hunting. I ' ve posted that before. NO help to powerless and innocent every day people!!
Come on!!! It is the worst part of all. The series has taken the completely wrong way with that!! That includes all these useless characters and people working and messing around. The pilot was in the right way. Charles wanted to bring FLAG back to life. Instead we see another FBI operation.

Another thing is Mike and Kitt 's relationship. No real bond between them. Get them in the field together alone!!! Without all these people watching and giving them directions. This could bond them and of course reveal their real capabilities. Kitt 's as well as Mike's.

Last thing that is also terrible is CGI. Turbo boost, when we are lucky to have one, is really fake!! We can see it miles away! If you can't do new way just do the old school!!! This is also due to lack of driving!! Too much green screen and very little actual driving, so no stunts that gave TOS a really good reason, expect of course all the others that made it AWESOME, to watch it and love it.

So more Kitt and Mike partnership and friendship , more action and more close to real life situations.

We can't expect it to be like TOS, that would be really unfair, but just do something to remind us what this is all about! A MAN AND HIS CAR!!

At last i must say that i will continue to support the show cause i like it. These are just my ideas to make it better due to my dedication to KR!!!

mykittcar
Rookie

NBC is at fualt for the ratings of the show

Post by mykittcar » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:59 am

Hello

One thing is i been watching the network (NBC)for a week solid and not a single ad for the show on the tv and the advertise so mutch of there other shows constintly that they totly forgot about Knight Rider in advertisments on tv thats there problem they dont promote the show whell and get it out there the way it should be. They need to improve on it big time thats why the rateing are bad becouse not many paeple know or get to to see the ads from the show. they should give it to a network that will give them a chance and do better for the show like ( fox,sci fi ,usa )i feel that nbc is a bad compiny for sci fi intrest

NBC :(

bobbaka
Stranger

Post by bobbaka » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:43 am

I believe, the creators of the show think of as bunch of idiot who can tolerate watching, what I would call, 80's porn. RAMBO meets transformers, literally; Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure they have no respect for the viewers of this show.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:13 am

I personally would restrict the tranforming no more turning into pickup trucks and vans i wasn't keen on the police light popping out of the roof either since there was nowhere in the roof for them to come from I believe on Tranformers the movie this was called mass shifting. The process of making something small turn into something huge and it was something they kept to a bare minimum to sell it as believable.

ok the original car could transform into Super pursuit mode and a convertable and that was done on the show almost a decade before car manufacturers were able to make that a reality. So i can see some of the lesser changes like Attack mode not being a problem. However some of it does go too far and the lack of a pimped out dash does make the car look a little ordinary and i'm not sure i like all the virtual button pushing just because I think that if the computer went offline you'd still want some of the cars functions to be hard wired in so it could still be used in an emergency. (something physical that makes a nice clicky or bleepy sound when pressed.)

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:09 pm

mykittcar wrote:Hello

One thing is i been watching the network (NBC)for a week solid and not a single ad for the show on the tv and the advertise so mutch of there other shows constintly that they totly forgot about Knight Rider in advertisments on tv thats there problem they dont promote the show whell and get it out there the way it should be. They need to improve on it big time thats why the rateing are bad becouse not many paeple know or get to to see the ads from the show. they should give it to a network that will give them a chance and do better for the show like ( fox,sci fi ,usa )i feel that nbc is a bad compiny for sci fi intrest

NBC :(
No wonder the rating are low if they are not advertising it. Knight rider should also be an hour long rather than 45 mins. Would help with the cramming in problem.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:36 pm

It's not even 45 minutes long, the problem is that certain people in charge aren't making the most out of the time they have.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:42 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:It's not even 45 minutes long, the problem is that certain people in charge aren't making the most out of the time they have.

Yep your right. They range from 40-42mins from all the episodes so far!

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:25 am

First, I love the action and find most of the characters to be a good fit for the new series, so I wouldn't be among those who want to see Billy, Zoey, etc. written out. The show is a great start and has fantastic potential. Even being a lifelong GM/Chevy fan (father is a GM retiree), I can't even complain about using a Mustang as the base vehicle for KI3T because the Mustang Shelby Edition is a classic sports car and an excellent choice as the template for the next Knight super-vehicle.

The mythology of TOS, however, provides a vast amount of fuel for new plots which continue that mythology. What ever happened to Garthe? Wouldn't he have a child about Mike's age who might be pretty angry that his grandfather (Wilton Knight, of course) disowned his father and gave Mike Sr. his father's (Garthe's) physical appearance, and that Mike Jr. is now the next heir instead of him?