So what is the reboot?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: So what is the reboot?

Post by Sue » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:30 am

Rockatteer wrote:Has a TV show ever re-booted and survived?

Or is a re-boot the lowering of the life-rafts on the sinking ship?
Does the Valerie Family count?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_%28TV_series%29
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:29 am

I imagine that this thing they call a reboot was done a long long time ago, like back early September, when they were already filming KNIGHT FEVER. How many wanna bet that their labeling of it as a reboot is to wet the Knight nerds' appetite?

I haven't done this in awhile, but doesn't this website pop up on Google as one of the number one choices when searching KNIGHT RIDER? No show really claims to reboot anything that doesn't work, why does Knight Rider?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm 100% certain it was planned before we even saw the first episode. I know I called it going this way either before the series premiered or shortly after we saw Knight in Shining Armor.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:49 am

Aside from budgetary reasons, I'd imagine that changes were prompted by poor focus group results rather than waiting to see how it did once it aired. Network execs put a lot of stock in what focus groups tell them. But that's not to say that other changes weren't made because of our advice. Chances our the focus groups had a few TOS fans in them that were thinking the same way we were.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:15 am

Something else to consider is what they are actually able to "reboot".

Many of us have complained about the show being a giant Ford commercial, but that is obviously part of the agreement that Ford went into the project with because even the pilot movie was a Ford commercial, so chances are it can't be changed now, unless they are willing to lose Ford sponsorship, or can somehow re-negotiate the ford contract.

This leads me to wonder what other things are wrong with the show (by which I mean causing ratings issues) which wont be fixed because of "politics".

The real question from all this is "Have they got the balls to admit that the current show formula isn't working?" and "Have the got the sense to fix it?"
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:00 pm

cloudkitt wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:Then again, with the boatload of people who are still crying over the new show not featuring a semi, maybe I'm just talking about a new show in the wrong place.
Since PhoenixZero effectively covered most of your assumptions, I'd just like to point out that mention of the semi, at least for me, has very little do with the original series. It has more to do with the fact that there are SEVERAL kinds of terrain where you simply cannot land a C-130. It's not exactly stealthy either.
Oh and a damn Semi is so stealthy huh?, please!!! :roll:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:44 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Oh and a damn Semi is so stealthy huh?, please!!! :roll:
A semi can simply drive into a town unnoticed.. a plane can't... I'd call that stealthy

Another fine example of nay-haters being more negative than the nay-sayers themselves.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jbh142
Volunteer

Post by jbh142 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:01 am

Bring the SEMI back baby!!! IT's needed.