What Knight Rider should have been..

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: What Knight Rider should have been..

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:20 am

garth, dont even try to put larsons feature film in the same catagory as kr08, larsons film will be based on the the original formula that made the show work, unlike kr08 which is a big joke!!! just like team knight rider was a joke. larson wont have any problems getting financing for his movie because the financers know it will be done the right way, and will be a big box office hit.
in glen larson we trust.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 am

Guys,

It’s clear to me that almost everyone in here has contributed to the degradation of this thread in one way or another, so I’m going to have to ask each of you to re-evaluate the way that you’ve conducted yourselves whilst presenting your opinions and counter-points, because if this goes on for much longer, I’ll be forced to lock this down, and take measures to prevent a reoccurrence in the future, which is not something I want to have to do since it’ll more than likely lead to someone losing their posting privileges for a while.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:16 am

Seriously, KnightProbe.

I think we all know Larson's film will never happen.
Seriously, Glen has been trying to make this thing for nearly a decade.

Investors aren't going to back a franchise they don't see as viable. The failure of KR08 will
be the final nail in the coffin. Three rebooted series attempts = 3 failures..... 3 Strikes and
you're out.

I work in Hollywood. This constant barrage of negativity from so-called "fans" does more
damage than any of you realize. Network executives get constant marketing data. Reviews,
fan support (which producers monitor), etc do filter into them. Several poorly rated shows
still get picked up for additional seasons when fans support it. Look at the grassroots efforts
that brought back stuff like Jerrico or Sentinel.

But TaoWorm and others continue to engage in destroying the existing franchise (before the retooling even occurs -- I might add).

That's a fact. He can spin it any way he wants.

This has nothing to do with putting my car on Youtube (I'm not some voyeur freak -- Who has such low self-esteem that I need people to bow down and worship my Corvette for self-gratification).

Blunt as always -- but those are facts. The negativity is wrecking Knight Rider. I hope those that are responsible for this are happy.

Sorry if I a bit ticked that people are insulting KR on the KR board. I'm not just a TOS-exclusive fan who can't like KR's other incarnations. I like KR08, I even liked KR2000..... I wasn't crazy about TKR but I still watched and supported it. Even 2010 had a couple of good scenes. If you don't like it, don't watch it. But contributing to the negative reviews is only going to make the cancellation come that much quicker. And for that alone, TaoWorm. Thanks -- Thanks a lot for getting KR canceled again! Like '87 wasn't bad enough.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:43 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:
This has nothing to do with putting my car on Youtube (I'm not some voyeur freak -- Who has such low self-esteem that I need people to bow down and worship my Corvette for self-gratification).
You think I am a voyeur freak?
Because people know my face, and have seen my car?
Really? Really! :o
HisNameisGarth wrote: And for that alone, TaoWorm. Thanks -- Thanks a lot for getting KR canceled again! Like '87 wasn't bad enough.
I got KR canceled again?! Wow, I didn't know I was that important.

When you say I was destroying the existing franchise (KR2008), are you talking about the thread I made thanking the cast and crew of KR2008?
viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12596" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From now on Garthe I am ignoring you.
This board is better than this.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:47 pm

garth, kr 08 will be a failure because it wasn't done properly and didn't stay true to the original theme of the show, its shows that aren't made right that give knight rider negativity, everytime nbc universal revives knight rider they try to do it the way they want and it always fails because they dont stay true to the original theme of the show. if knight rider was done right in the first place there wouldn't be any negativity to begin with. and as far as the larson film i have to disagree with you, it will be made and it will be a big hit, and knight rider will once again reign supreme and there will be lots of positive comments.
in glen larson we trust.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:57 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote:
You think I am a voyeur freak?
Because people know my face, and have seen my car?
Really? Really! :o

Definition of Vanity

van·i·ty (vn-t)
n. pl. van·i·ties
1. The quality or condition of being vain.
2. Excessive pride in one's appearance or accomplishments; conceit. See Synonyms at conceit.
3. Lack of usefulness, worth, or effect; worthlessness.
4. Someone that is vain, futile, worthless, or conceited.
5. Someone who is constantly posting pictures of himself and his car on countless forums and youtube.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:59 pm

taoworm2323 wrote: From now on Garthe I am ignoring you.
This board is better than this.
I'm sure this board will suffer from the lack of infinite knowledge provided by your grand wisdom.
Last edited by HisNameisGarth on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:10 am

knightprobe89 wrote:garth, kr 08 will be a failure because it wasn't done properly and didn't stay true to the original theme of the show, its shows that aren't made right that give knight rider negativity, everytime nbc universal revives knight rider they try to do it the way they want and it always fails because they dont stay true to the original theme of the show. if knight rider was done right in the first place there wouldn't be any negativity to begin with. and as far as the larson film i have to disagree with you, it will be made and it will be a big hit, and knight rider will once again reign supreme and there will be lots of positive comments.
You know, I really appreciate your optimism regarding Glen's adaptation. Especially with all the negativity recently exhibited on this board. But a motion picture just isn't in the cards anytime soon. Hasselhoff had been trying since the mid-1990s. Never could get any money. Same with Larson.

Its bounced from owner to owner -- from Universal, Weinsteins to Dimension, etc. The money just isn't there -- especially now with the economic downturn. Lots of feature films have been shelved because of the declining capital market. Its just highly unlikely that a unproven film adaptation like KR is going to get made. The studios are mostly sticking to proven Sequels and low-budget projects (like Horror, etc). KR to be done right -- would probably need a budget around $60 million minimum. Hurting it even more, Glen hasn't been active in so long (since 1999's Millenium Man) -- he won't have the pull. That's just how the studio system works.

The only hope would be for some wildly popular actor to latch onto KR and demand it to be made (a Brad Pitt, etc) and has his agent package it. Otherwise, we're just never going to see it.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:54 am

Toa, when you send out your first installment/episode, please post the announcement in another thread. I'm pretty much done with this one.
I do, however wish to see your end result when completed. Thanks... :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:37 pm

No problem My_Friend_KITT, :good:
I will let you all know when we are finished on KRO.

For updates on the project please visit http://signal23.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

madmanmalk
Recruit

Post by madmanmalk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 pm

hey taoworm nice work

garthe doesn't acknowledge that what taoworm is producing is a different viewpoint of KITT. Obviously KR08 will be slighty better but its his choice to make what he think is his own version. Maybe you should stay quiet until his movie is out then we can criticise him down completely lol :mrgreen:

once again GREAT WORK DUDE :good:

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Wow, yet another newbie telling me to be quiet. Yeah, sure. 20 comments makes you an expert on this board, doesn't it?

I think this board has finally seen through TaoWorm. Basically "his version" was just an excuse to trash KR08 at every opportunity (along with a few others). There is no place for the negativity. The moderators had to intervene -- it was sad, but necessary.

Its as simple as this. There have been countless fan vids for Knight Rider over the years put onto Youtube. My personal favorite is probably Airwolf Vs. Knight Rider. But, the non-stop advertising and self-promotion of a select few on this board is pathetic. And I might add -- you don't see the author of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7QtJ9pA9o0 advertising it here on a weekly basis.

....but it continued and got worse......
Trashing the current KITT (on a Knight Rider board) -- just sad. Hey, we may all have our personal favorites -- no biggie (and we can disagree -- again, no biggie). But then, to astonish the world with one of the most bizarre statements ever -- how someone would claim a 13 year old $1500 beater is better than a limited production $80,000 muscle car with 540 horsepower. It is simply beyond ABSURD.

This board isn't about self-promotion and advertising. It has no place here.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:16 pm

This topic probably should have been in the Creative section, I was going to say more but there's already too much damn ****ing drama.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:51 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:Wow, yet another newbie telling me to be quiet. Yeah, sure. 20 comments makes you an expert on this board, doesn't it?

I think this board has finally seen through TaoWorm. Basically "his version" was just an excuse to trash KR08 at every opportunity (along with a few others). There is no place for the negativity. The moderators had to intervene -- it was sad, but necessary.

Its as simple as this. There have been countless fan vids for Knight Rider over the years put onto Youtube. My personal favorite is probably Airwolf Vs. Knight Rider. But, the non-stop advertising and self-promotion of a select few on this board is pathetic. And I might add -- you don't see the author of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7QtJ9pA9o0 advertising it here on a weekly basis.

....but it continued and got worse......
Trashing the current KITT (on a Knight Rider board) -- just sad. Hey, we may all have our personal favorites -- no biggie (and we can disagree -- again, no biggie). But then, to astonish the world with one of the most bizarre statements ever -- how someone would claim a 13 year old $1500 beater is better than a limited production $80,000 muscle car with 540 horsepower. It is simply beyond ABSURD.

This board isn't about self-promotion and advertising. It has no place here.
WOULD YOU GIVE IT A REST ALREADY,, newbie or not,,your prevailing yourself as a negative person, and for it to come from a newbie, and it does not say much about you :dance:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Garth,

I know you mean well mate, but continuing to press the issue isn’t really helping. I do agree with you in respect to the naming of this thread given the area that it was posted, but I really don’t believe it was a deliberate attempt to undermine the ongoing series.

I think that under the circumstances, Phoenix’s suggestion of this being placed into the creative section will be the best solution, as that should remove all of the question marks as to the original intent of this thread.

The one thing we all need to remember is that we’re each vastly different individuals, and as such, we have a rather diverse array of outlooks on life, especially when it comes to our specific areas of experience.

I hope that I’m right when I say that I feel this has been one giant misunderstanding from the get-go, and that this can all be resolved peacefully without heavy handed intervention, because there are more important things in life than having arguments that are based on our respective backgrounds, experiences, wants and needs.

Matt

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:09 am

FASTKNIGHT wrote: newbie or not,,your prevailing yourself as a negative person, and for it to come from a newbie, and it does not say much about you :dance:
To create a username named after Garth Knight, the whole negative person/villian thing..... was kinda the point.

I do agree with the others, this thread should be moved to the creative section. My "Garth" does make a great Devil's advocate (on occassion) for all the Michael Knights that cruise this board.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Everyone's got their own opinion on what their KR car should look like. I think if Taoworm2323 has his own version of KITT, then so be it! The man is happy with his project and I don't see a problem posting what he has done to his car so far. I know Taoworm hasn't posted it on this blog, but he has also been part of the solution by creating the K3TT Orb replica for future commercial sale to the owners who are working on their own replica.

I for one am working on my own KARR Mustang replica. It may not be the exact same one, but at least I'm trying and also comming up with possible solutions to problems I have seen thus far. As for the shows and replica cars, remember that a) GM screwed up by not making more Trans Am and b) GM gave the rights to the Camaro for the "Transformers" merchandise. Ford managed to take advanatage of this and that is why shows like "TKR" and "KR 08" have shown Ford vehicles. Sure TKR sucked (I didn't like it either) but KR08 did improve their episodes on the second half of the first season.

The suits at NBC need to understand that Knight Rider is not "just the car" or "getting the girl, even though this Michael Knight is already spoken for (drama crap)". It's about the following; "ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE (with the support of people who have the same beliefs makes it easier)," the "relationship" between a driver and his car and doing the right thing by helping others. If it where about "just the car" we would have only KARR doing everything himself and there wouldn't be a need for KITT, or Michael and the crew.

Many of us already signed petitions to keep Knight Rider 08 going for a second season, but I do agree it has some need for improvement. The difference on this statement is that some of us even brought suggestions on how to improve the show (no more Michael Knight "the misunderstood b/f by Sarah). His character was established to have a deep relationship with Sarah, so let's just keep it that way. No more of these "girls on the side". What the heck is he solving with that? I could say it, but it would be improper for this blog.

For the individual(s) who have nothing more to say, but hatred and complaint, the point I am making are as follows:

*if there is something you want to accomplish, make it happen and be part of the solution! Don't B%^&$ and complain all the time.

* Not everyon thinks the same as you. Everyone's got their own ideas and opinions. God gave us a brain for a reason, use it! BTW, I saw a guy in Vegas who was working on his version of KARR with a Dodge Ram (he was with the DeceptiKARR team with Graig, for those who know him)!

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:43 am

knightny wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote:At least the Star Trek losers (who have too much time on their hands) invest in reasonably accurate props.

The Knight Rider guys who apparently have way too much time on their hands just grab a $500 beater car and film them with their dad's camcorder. In every incarnation of Knight Rider -- the car has never been a Chevy. Get a clue?!?!
That picture is totally wrong usually the internet tough guys are these types.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:32 am

Tony its.....Wanna go for double jeopardy where the scores can really change.

HisNameisGarth wrote:At least the Star Trek losers (who have too much time on their hands) invest in reasonably accurate props.

The Knight Rider guys who apparently have way too much time on their hands just grab a $500 beater car and film them with their dad's camcorder. In every incarnation of Knight Rider -- the car has never been a Chevy. Get a clue?!?!
Hey Garth, heres an honorary badge for ya,

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:17 am

Pot calling kettle, come in kettle. Seriously, was it really necessary to attempt to reignite an argument that has been dead for over three months now KnightRiderKR?!

I'm locking this now before anyone else chooses to follow such a poor example, and make further inflamatory comments regarding this subject.

Matt