News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:09 pm

Well William Daniels is getting ready for the new Knight Rider....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmKV_vae08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

vespurrs
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by vespurrs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:22 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Well William Daniels is getting ready for the new Knight Rider....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmKV_vae08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
Now that's funny! :)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:53 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Well William Daniels is getting ready for the new Knight Rider....

Haha, nice! Hmmm, that pic of the modded last gen Trans-Am with the scanner in it looked kind of nice... Maybe that would work well as a new version or final version of the original KITT... Though I'm sure they wouldn't want to put the money into building it... Besides, too many people would blow a gasket if KITT returned in anything but his original body, even an upgraded form...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:22 pm

OHH GOD HOW I WISH THIS WAS TRUE :kitt:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:I really hope this makes it and is true! I have heard from people on this site (mods) stating don't be surprised to see DH have some screen time in the second half of the season. I was assuming when they said to get rid of Graiman that this would be the solution, however I had my hopes up. Let's just hope it works out because EVERYONE wants DH back and they want him to be back for a good story plot and not just a b/s cameo/guest star.

Please make it true for us GST and have KI2T back! How cool would that be have the most intelligent AI's speaking to one another, from one generation to another!

Joe
Not everyone...I do hope Hasselhoff won't be permanent. I think the show would have more of a chance of evolving with Mike, Sarah, Billy, Zoe, and Graiman...rather than Hasselhoff.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:49 pm

i hope this is true, because the show is doomed without hasselhoff. they should have had hasselhoff as a regular from the begining of the series playing the boss part.
in glen larson we trust.

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:10 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i hope this is true, because the show is doomed without hasselhoff. they should have had hasselhoff as a regular from the begining of the series playing the boss part.
i agree :good:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 am

I don't know if KR08 would sink w/o The "Hoff".
Though I do know the ratings will be as high if not higher than the movie/pilot, which, let's face it folks, only got the ratings it got b/c the Rumors were so strong about Hasselhoff's cameo. Although the Mustang body probably brought in viewers (like me), but mainly in was DH.

I still think Graiman needs to stay as the "Devon". Speaking of which I agree with some "hardcore" fans, Devon should not be brought back to played by a new actor. It's not right.
I mean unless they did reconstructive surgery..Now where have I heard that before......

Anyway. Edward Mulhare did a *wonderful* job, and I cannot think of anyone "replacing" him.

Now I do like the idea of DH as a regular, but still TWO Micheal Knight's? Not gonna work. Sorry. Now if they had kept out the "Bourne Identity" aspect from Traceur's past and allowed him to *stay* Traceur, then yeah that could work. But not now that Traceur has assumed his father's ID.
And just how would you distinguish betwwen Ki2t and Ki3t? As K2 and K3? Puh-lease. Let's just call them R2 D2 and C3PO and get it over with. PFfft!
It would make for some humourous scenes yes, but as an overall continuing "gag"; it's pretty stupid.

I will wait and see how this "reboot" works. Since the way they are leading us points IMHO to the fact that Torres, Rivai and other members of SSC are possibly double agents, I am curious to see how this new "Rider" plays out before getting my hopes up. 8)
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:38 am

I don't know if KR08 would sink w/o The "Hoff".
It wouldn't. It would mostly be for fanservice and/or nostalgia. Unless anyone seriously believe that the general audience would line up before the TV to watch Hasselhoff, just because he's there.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:35 pm

I have to say the hoff in a Devon type role, combined with William Daniels as KI2T (not in every episode) but as a reoccuring character, like what has been done with Charles lately could work. Cost effictive, could be WD comes in reads lines for a few episodes, goes home, etc.

Also a good chance for MKsr and KI2T to join MKjr and Ki3T on missions.

I don't think GM or Ford would have a stroke over using the TA body. Even in the original series GM didn't want any reference to the car/Ponitac. That's why they started calling it a "T-Top" instead of a Trans Am in TOS.

Even the way the big 3 are feeling the economic crunch lately here in the US, woulden't some renewed interest in a product line be a good idea? I know Ford has the show wrapped up into a 50min car ad, but there is room enough for both.

Oh when and if Ki2T comes back PLEASE, PLEASE forget all about the "C" button.
:kittconv:
Hard roof, with T-tops, jut like nature intended :wink:

:kittside: :kitt2:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:46 pm

For some reason, and I may be the only one, but I'm really rather indifferent on the matter of Hoff's return. Considering all the budget cuts we've been seeing in the industry I think if KR can find some extra pennies to rub together they should put it into stunts.
Though at the same time considering all the talk the Hoff reportedly has been doing on how much better he could make the show I would almost want to see an episode or two where he has some creative control, just for curiosities sake. (Though I can't say I know too many producers who like to give actors creative control)
Now if KI2T were to return.. then I would have a huge smile on my face. Guess I'm like Bonnie, runs right past Michael and gives KI2T a hug.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Sue wrote:For some reason, and I may be the only one, but I'm really rather indifferent on the matter of Hoff's return. Considering all the budget cuts we've been seeing in the industry I think if KR can find some extra pennies to rub together they should put it into stunts.
Though at the same time considering all the talk the Hoff reportedly has been doing on how much better he could make the show I would almost want to see an episode or two where he has some creative control, just for curiosities sake. (Though I can't say I know too many producers who like to give actors creative control)
Now if KI2T were to return.. then I would have a huge smile on my face. Guess I'm like Bonnie, runs right past Michael and gives KI2T a hug.
You make some really good points Sue, and I fully agree. The show needs more stunts, and the budget needs to have a lift. It would be really kool to see the KI2T return for at least one or two episodes. A sort of, "passing of the torch sendoff approach" would be nice. 8)

:kitt: :karr:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:54 pm

scottab21 wrote:
Sue wrote:For some reason, and I may be the only one, but I'm really rather indifferent on the matter of Hoff's return. Considering all the budget cuts we've been seeing in the industry I think if KR can find some extra pennies to rub together they should put it into stunts.
You make some really good points Sue, and I fully agree. The show needs more stunts, and the budget needs to have a lift. It would be really kool to see the KI2T return for at least one or two episodes. A sort of, "passing of the torch sendoff approach" would be nice. 8)

:kitt: :karr:
It worked for Star Trek TNG, even beyond the pilot episode. Unifcation, Relics, and (ugh) Generations.
Should be easier for KR to bring some cast from TOS, were only talking about 26 or so years later not 80 as in STTNG.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:That would be great. Once I saw him acting his role in the 2 hour movie I was extremely happy. I was a little disappointed when I saw that he was not on any of the upcoming shows. I think it would help boost ratings. There is some die hard Hoff fans that may not watch the new KR as he is not in it. If he becomes a regular or even a guest from time to time that should help boost ratings. I for one would be ecstatic if he came back. However I have seen so many article regarding this saying "he's coming back or he's never coming back" that I will like many of you hold my breath until I see more "official" news on this. Here's hoping to see the Hoff back on KR in the future!!!
I agree, I'm not getting my hopes up yet since we've heard it all, but it would be great if he does come back as a regular.

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:23 pm

Vegasmike wrote: It worked for Star Trek TNG, even beyond the pilot episode. Unifcation, Relics, and (ugh) Generations.
Should be easier for KR to bring some cast from TOS, were only talking about 26 or so years later not 80 as in STTNG.
Wow I must be such a geek, I could immediately remember what those 3 episodes were about.

:)
Looking for TKR!

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:31 pm

ShadowKnight006 wrote:Wow I must be such a geek, I could immediately remember what those 3 episodes were about.

:)
A ha ha, welcome to the club! :wink:

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm

I guess if it's true he'll have something on his website about it. I just checked it out and I guess it's too soon to know what's going on, but hopefully it will boost the ratings.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:46 am

Anybody else think that if Hoff does end up coming on they pull another Identity switch so to speak and have the original MK assume the name of Devon Miles when he takes over FLAG? I don't really think it would work butit would solve the problem of having two Michael Knights.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 am

I Doubt that would happen, hasselhoff said that he didn't want anything to do with the new version of KR.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 am

I Doubt that would happen, hasselhoff said that he didn't want anything to do with the new version of KR.
If I question your statement, are you going to be able to back it up with hard proof?

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:25 am

kitt34 wrote:I Doubt that would happen, hasselhoff said that he didn't want anything to do with the new version of KR.
Wow, you would think as much as you come here you would know that news is false...as evident by these three topics, one myself stupidly made...

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12911

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12547&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

viewtopic.php?f=1048&t=12636
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 am

i think if hasselhoff comes back as a regular, it will definitely bring the ratings up,
but the stories have to become better too.

i still think there is an opportunity to really take things forward.

firstly, bring back michael knight as a regular, and introduce people from the past who are plotting revenge,

such as Garth knight and co.

and if possible, bring back William Daniels as KITT in the transam for a few episodes and maybe finally give kitt a proper send off.

Maybe William daniels could still be kept on for some cameos as the voice of K2000, except now KITT is in a different car completely or maybe something else.

also, if they reduce the amount of humour from billy,zoe, and introduce a more harder, darker edge to the show,
it will definitely improve it.

all is not lost. the show can succeed, it just needs a push, and maybe the past can truly help the present in this case. Knight rider is one of NBC's most successfull brands, and i don't think they want to kill it just yet.

so thats why the Hoff might come back to have a go one final time. if Knight rider is going to go out, it might as well be in a blaze of glory with the hoff.

:kitt: :P

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:48 am

My fellow Knight Rider Fans.

I am pleased to hear of the possibility of the Hoff returning to the show.

I personally believe the producers are watching this site and our comments and we can speculate all we like on the reboot of the show. Only the producers and tiome will tell if we are right.

I believe what we will find is that Alex , Carrie and Graimen have been manipulating Mike Tracuer’s life all along, he finds out in the much anticipated KARR episode. That sets the stage for the Hoff’s return.

I think the Hoff will take over the position held by Devon in the original Knight Rider series, to return balance to the show. I have said this before; I think it’s a natural transition for Michael Knight Sr. to assume Devon’s responsibilities after all that is what they were charged with in KOTP “to carry on one man’s dream”

As for the field operative I believe that will remain Michael Knight Jr and KITT (Val Kilmer).

I loved the original KITT (Trans AM) as much as anyone else, and I am not keen on the “transformer car” but I have to ask all the car snobs, to put aside their prejudice and realize 25 years have passed. KITT’s natural transition over time would be have his AI placed in a different more compatible upgraded shell, and if Trans-Am’s are not available lets face it the Mustang isn’t a bad choice.

Would I like to see the original KITT again? Hell yes! I would like to see the return of “Darth Vader’s Bathroom” and Mike has to actually push a button to activate something. But the fact is the new KITT isn’t bad either.

In my opinion, this show is a continuation of the original then Hoff should return to take Devon’s spot. Michel Jr should be the operative, and the show should return to one man making a difference. I said that before and stand by it. The FBI, Alex, Carri and Graimen never had anyplace in the show except as a link to Mike Tracuers past.

As for the KI2T v KI3T arguments, let me ask this question.

Would you rather have KITT be a Mustang or have NBC cancel the show and have no KITT at all? All because he wasn’t a Trans-AM, come on.

The Hoff’s return and some better stories, along the original story arc, should be enough to save the show if we the fans of Knight Rider remain loyal to Knight Rider.
:kitt:
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:55 am

:good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:My fellow Knight Rider Fans.

I am pleased to hear of the possibility of the Hoff returning to the show.

I personally believe the producers are watching this site and our comments and we can speculate all we like on the reboot of the show. Only the producers and tiome will tell if we are right.

I believe what we will find is that Alex , Carrie and Graimen have been manipulating Mike Tracuer’s life all along, he finds out in the much anticipated KARR episode. That sets the stage for the Hoff’s return.

I think the Hoff will take over the position held by Devon in the original Knight Rider series, to return balance to the show. I have said this before; I think it’s a natural transition for Michael Knight Sr. to assume Devon’s responsibilities after all that is what they were charged with in KOTP “to carry on one man’s dream”

As for the field operative I believe that will remain Michael Knight Jr and KITT (Val Kilmer).

I loved the original KITT (Trans AM) as much as anyone else, and I am not keen on the “transformer car” but I have to ask all the car snobs, to put aside their prejudice and realize 25 years have passed. KITT’s natural transition over time would be have his AI placed in a different more compatible upgraded shell, and if Trans-Am’s are not available lets face it the Mustang isn’t a bad choice.

Would I like to see the original KITT again? Hell yes! I would like to see the return of “Darth Vader’s Bathroom” and Mike has to actually push a button to activate something. But the fact is the new KITT isn’t bad either.

In my opinion, this show is a continuation of the original then Hoff should return to take Devon’s spot. Michel Jr should be the operative, and the show should return to one man making a difference. I said that before and stand by it. The FBI, Alex, Carri and Graimen never had anyplace in the show except as a link to Mike Tracuers past.

As for the KI2T v KI3T arguments, let me ask this question.

Would you rather have KITT be a Mustang or have NBC cancel the show and have no KITT at all? All because he wasn’t a Trans-AM, come on.

The Hoff’s return and some better stories, along the original story arc, should be enough to save the show if we the fans of Knight Rider remain loyal to Knight Rider.
:kitt:
If one FAN can make a difference, it is you Tony P.

I echo and reveberate everything my esteemed fellow fan has said in this wonderful post. Right behind you marching to the sound of drums brother!