Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Living Dead

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Just1Philly
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Living Dead

Post by Just1Philly » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 pm

I JUST CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW KARR COMES OUT AS A TRANSFORMER AND SEE WHAT KITT DOES TO STOP HIM ? :karr:

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 pm

Can i put in my two sense.I have a firm idea that the oringal karr cpu was upgraded and evouled into what we saw kitt showing mike which was alot of things.

Travis

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:43 pm

well i also picked up the emphasis on the self preservation comment. If they learned from the first car, why would they build another one. If the Government utilized KARR's CPU as a weapon, against Charles Graiman's preferences, that would make more sense than a genius rebuilding a mistake all over again. It was also interesting how MK remembered KARR somehow.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:43 pm

With the whole KARR thing aside, I did notice that someone mentioned the KNIGHT license plate. However, I am surprised no one mentioned KITT can do a "C" mode now. I wasn't surprised he could, but at least we have seen it. :-)

Just1Philly
Volunteer

Post by Just1Philly » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:43 pm

TravisKnight01 wrote:Can i put in my two sense.I have a firm idea that the oringal karr cpu was upgraded and evouled into what we saw kitt showing mike which was alot of things.

Travis
THATS TRUE AND U SAW HOW EVERYONE WAS SCARED WHEN THEY SAID KARR NAME AND THOUGH HE WAS DIED

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:46 pm

Very interesting episode... First of all the mention of KARR looks, like we will see some throw back to the TOS here. :!: The best character driven show yet of the series, in contrast to the last one which was mostly heavy on action. Oh, and KITT has feelings... 8)

:kitt: :karr:

SerenityNow
Stranger

Post by SerenityNow » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 pm

I don't know about this theory that the new KARR = old KARR.

If it was the original KARR, wouldn't it already have a program and personality? Why would you need or want KI3T's program to reactivate it? I agree that it also doesn't make sense that anyone would build another KARR, with the same stupid programming mistake, knowing what happened the first time (which does beg the question, how much does Charles actually know about the first KARR?).

I suppose I could believe that the first time this endoskeleton was built, they used the original KARRs program, left over from the wreckage. It ran amok, killed people and they pulled the personality/program out. Now, someone has a hold of the endoskeleton, and want a program to load in there, so they go after KI3T. At some point, maybe they re-discover the original KARR program and use that instead?

Doesn't feel like that's the way they are going with it though, not to me. They kept referring to the transformer thing as KARR, and called it more of a cyborg (having organic components?). And KARR has a neural network capable of housing KI3T...

SerenityNow
Stranger

Post by SerenityNow » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Also, they made a big deal in this episode about how the KI3T program does not equal "KITT" in a real sense. So, even if this is the "old" KARR, it wouldn't/shouldn't have the same personality as the TOS KARR since only the data could be transferred...

I don't know, I hope they didn't just ignore the old KARR, I hope they have a plan and story to tell that ties this up.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:13 pm

SerenityNow wrote:Also, they made a big deal in this episode about how the KI3T program does not equal "KITT" in a real sense. So, even if this is the "old" KARR, it wouldn't/shouldn't have the same personality as the TOS KARR since only the data could be transferred...

I don't know, I hope they didn't just ignore the old KARR, I hope they have a plan and story to tell that ties this up.
Good point. Hmmm... The last time we saw KARR was in KITT vs. KARR, and we know how it ended, with a part of KARR's scanner/cpu blinking to indicate that he was still "alive". With KARR's program of self preservation, could it be possible that his parts were discovered, and for 20+ years KARR has been installed into various forms/shells, in essence "using" others to surivive with the ultimate goal of finding Michael Knight and KITT. Now I must mention here that while Mike was being shown pictures of KARR on screen, he sort of spaces out and tells Sarah that it all feels like deja-vu. So possibly there's a connection to his military background and KARR being developed for the military's use, before he went awol. Whatever the reason, he still is mobile. Also goes back to the pilot when those guys broke into Charles Graiman's house looking for KITT, or his schematics/technology. We don't know who the fake Zoe was trying to get back to when she almost escaped from the SSC... :?: 8)

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:25 pm

From what I see on my HD it looks like a mustang not a T/A

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:28 pm

whatever it was, i knew there was a car somewhere in those sketches
Last edited by Kram061-1 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 pm

scottab21 wrote:he sort of spaces out and tells Sarah that it all feels like deja-vu. So possibly there's a connection to his military background and KARR being developed for the military's use, before he went awol.
I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what they meant. I guarantee you KARR has something to do with Mike's memories. Torres does seem to legitimately believe KARR isn't around anymore, but they haven't really painted him as the most trustworthy guy anyway. It WOULD kinda make sense for the military to want KARR. He's the perfect killing machine, after all, its just an issue of controlling him. But it is absolutely the original KARR.

However, I hope they at least show a picture of the T/A car. By the way, when KITT said "My original prototype," why did Mike assume another Mustang? Why didn't he guess the original KITT?

Also, I thought it interesting that KITT knows about KARR at all. They never told KI2T about him.

And hey, we finally see Zoe's real job, get stuff. "Get the CIA." "Get security." "Get me coffee." :P
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 pm

By the way, when KITT said "My original prototype," why did Mike assume another Mustang? Why didn't he guess the original KITT?
Very Good point. In the Pilot, they told Mike that his Father drove the first KITT! Remember?

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:
By the way, when KITT said "My original prototype," why did Mike assume another Mustang? Why didn't he guess the original KITT?
Very Good point. In the Pilot, they told Mike that his Father drove the first KITT! Remember?
Um, because KI2T isnt the prototype to KI3T. KI3T is just the new upgraded model.
Just as KARR is the prototype KI2T...
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

casey
Stranger

Post by casey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Maybe Mike was involved with the creation of Karr or used this prototype when he was in the military and that is why he said it was like de javu. It could explain the lapse in his memory.

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 pm

I was excited about the "C" mode!! As KI3T was transforming, I was originally expecting him to transform into a classic 1966 Mustang convertible with wire wheels and whitewalls. haha At least that is how it appeared to be before I noticed the new gen headlights! Is this the revised 2010 look of the new Mustang?

Anyone care to comment on the red scanner behind the grille? It dominated at least several close-ups too.

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:59 pm

So... the KARR is a robot. And Peter Cullen's voiced KARR..

Optmus KITT.

Ford really must been upset they didn't have more to do with Transformers.

The funny thing is. It's fact that when it comes to making movies and television shows, you can never go wrong when it comes to sequels. People want to see your hero characters go on numerous adventures as long as it follows the initial guidelines from the original. It sells, it's a sure fire way of knowing that you'll have an audience.

This is a bold take on making KARR a robot. I'm starting to think that we will never see the return of the original KITT in this series (I'm not counting the pilot movie either). If they are scared to show or say "Trans Am", then we won't be seeing so much as a fender of the GM "hero car".

Any thoughts?

-Glissard

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Well, KARR would have lost his memory banks if he was just a CPU with whatever was hardcoded into it.... But still, it feels like a lame ass swerve... I'll have to watch it again..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 pm

I don't know what it is about this show, but I have yet to really fully enjoy an episode. Something always gets in my way, and it varies from week to week. I watched this one, in spite of my hatred of the"Killer on the loose/KITT in trouble" plotline, because i wanted to know what KARR was. well, show's over and I still don't know. What the heck is it supposed to be? An automated moon rover, or something? And if it's a cyborg, doesn't that mean it's part human? I was hoping that Mike and Sarah would have confronted Charles about KARR, and the self destruct thing, but we didn't get that either. Episode 13 better be just chock full of answers. And I couldn't figure out if Alex knew about this thing or not. And,oh look, Mike is somehow connected to all this, meaning Charles is knee deep in whatever mission Mike was involved in that he can't remember. and next week? Someone ElSE is going to go after KITT"S files. I'm really not a big fan of conspiracies in general, but the people I want to trust, I find I can't, and it really bugs me. On a lighter note, Zoe went up a notch in my book, because she actually DID something on this episode, once she was rescued. I am surprised that Dr. Graiman even knows about "Torchwood." who knew he's a "Whovian?" I just have this feeling i shouldn't get too attached to his character anymore...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Rjaniz
Recruit

Post by Rjaniz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 pm

Good story, but playing off the "KARR" name was a bad call.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:33 pm

casey wrote:Maybe Mike was involved with the creation of Karr or used this prototype when he was in the military and that is why he said it was like de javu. It could explain the lapse in his memory.
Exactly what I was thinking after watching it a second time. I'm thinking that maybe the military tried to use KARR as a sort of ultimate weapons program. A "cybernetic" system in which Mike could have sit in and controlled. If you look closely at the diagram that KITT displays, you can see the last variation of KARR shows something that could be a mobile/roving Robot that can be human controlled. I'm thinking Mike was the test subject. Something must have happened, something went very wrong and some people don't want Mike to know about it. And that would explain why KITT referred to KARR as "more of a cyborg" in the end...

p.s.~ You can clearly see a side profile of a Mustang as the first picture/iteration of KARR. I have paused it and watched it frame by frame... 8)

Last edited by scottab21 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 pm

Having rewatched the scene instead of "KARCES" I got Knight Auto-Cybernetic Roving Robotic Exoskeleton, KARRE? O_o Looking again at the designs that were shown, why couldn't a shape similar to the Trans-AM be used to at least try to keep it in line with it potentially being the original KARR's CPU that is the "brain" behind this? Instead of what looks like the Mustang. I'd let the name change pass for the project but why reuse the KARR name in this way other than to throw us a bone and then take the bone and what seems like taunting us? I could see maybe the original KARR being classified but this isn't making sense for a show that's supposedly a continuation of the original series.

But still, I guess Charles isn't smart enough to know what happened with the original KARR being primarily programed for self preservation, even if it was for the military. So it's like they are recycling or "updating" ideas and putting a spin on them and not in a good way.

The episode was enjoyable (even without and action) until this pretty much ruined it for me.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

foreverknight
Stranger

Post by foreverknight » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 pm

tamatt27 wrote:
kitt_rulz wrote:What the heck!!! They made KARR into a transformer??? When the heck did that happen??? And on top of that how. Last we saw his CPU was in the desert underneath a bridge!

What is going on????
It's a different KARR. THe new 'transformer KARR' stands for something different. It was KI3T's prototype.
Thank you
Was about time someone mentioned this.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:39 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Having rewatched the scene instead of "KARCES" I got Knight Auto-Cybernetic Roving Robotic Exoskeleton, KARRE? O_o Looking again at the designs that were shown, why couldn't a shape similar to the Trans-AM be used to at least try to keep it in line with it potentially being the original KARR's CPU that is the "brain" behind this? Instead of what looks like the Mustang. I'd let the name change pass for the project but why reuse the KARR name in this way other than to throw us a bone and then take the bone and what seems like taunting us? I could see maybe the original KARR being classified but this isn't making sense for a show that's supposedly a continuation of the original series.

But still, I guess Charles isn't smart enough to know what happened with the original KARR being primarily programed for self preservation, even if it was for the military. So it's like they are recycling or "updating" ideas and putting a spin on them and not in a good way.

The episode was enjoyable (even without and action) until this pretty much ruined it for me.

See my last post... What do you think about that?

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:53 pm

Man, what a bunch of whiners. You guys are so blinded to the past that you can't see the present. 20 years past since KARR was a TA. Wait till they flesh out the story and plot behind KARR before you call out the execution squad. Anyway, it was an excellent episode from start to finish. Great job guys!

Tommy McClain