Ford Shelby GT500KR to feature in Need for Speed Undercover

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Ford Shelby GT500KR to feature in Need for Speed Undercover

Post by Matthew » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:31 pm

I know the feeling mate, :lol:

I'm too lazy to buy a Wii, but I've got both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, my second actually, red ring of death and all that, but since I got my PS3, the only game I've really bothered with on the Xbox is Test Drive Unlimited, which I've also stopped playing for the time being since my gold subscription ran out.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by weeezl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Matthew wrote:
weeezl wrote:This looks its gonna be a cracker, Pro Street was pants and it appears they are going back to the previous formula that worked.
I quiet liked Pro Street actually. The feeling of racing in the different environments along with the extensive damage model made it a thoroughly unique experience, and if I'm honest, after suffering through the technical gremlins of Carbon, something different was needed so that we could all take a step back, and recognise what worked beforehand without being angry at experiencing another slew of intensive Carbon style glitches.

weeezl wrote:This will definately be on my games to buy list, the multiplayer modes sound cool too, fancy getting your butt kicked? :wink: :lol:
That sounds like fighting talk young man. In response to such bravado, I will have to insist we engage in a duel, Matto-e-Matto if you will, with the lady folk having the opportunity to pick their Matt. :lol: ;)
Matt
Pro street was good from a technical point of view but I really didnt like the loss of freedom. Carbon, whilst a good game on ps2 was horribly converted to ps3. Frame rate issues, driving bugs and a general feeling of sloppy code, infact I prefer the ps2 version. If I had to pick a version I liked most it would be NFS:Underground 2.

Young man! lol, thanks for the compliment son :wink: ,Whilst Im not sure winning a NFS duel would attract any nice ladies, this sounds like a challenge to me, GAME ON BROTHER! :D

Now if this was a real street race, with real hot cars, maybe one of us would get to take the hot bird home! :wink: somehow my 1.8 Vectra just does'nt cut the mustard! (Ok maybe there's one plus point, its jet black)

As for picking up birds? you'll be lucky if I can even pick my nose in that car! :lol:

This could be very interesting.....................Image

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:04 pm

Aye,

In a few weeks time you'll be eating my dust, whilst the lady folk all do the Joey-dance as I cross the finish line... in reverse. Image

You know, this has given me another idea. If enough people are interested, we could actually do racing contests as well as photo contests. We'd probably have to put a cap on what tuning level is allowed, especially in the beginning since there will be people who haven't or don't want to complete the career mode, but we could have a lot of fun, especially since I suspect we'd see some KARR's show up as well. And with a tuning cap on the performance side of things, KITT's, KARR's, attack modes, and even regular plain sight Mustang's would make for a potentially diverse field of Knight Industries inspired machines going toe-to-toe for Michael Knight's trademark signature of approval.

Matt

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:33 am

Matthew wrote:Aye,

In a few weeks time you'll be eating my dust, whilst the lady folk all do the Joey-dance as I cross the finish line... in reverse. Image

Matt
Yeah, yeah, Just you keep on smiling, The only dancing going on will be me dancing on the finish line with all those lovely young ladies, waiting for your ass to cross it! :dance:

I declare WAR!, HUH, YEAH

MAY THE BEST MATT WIN! :lol:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 am

You know, this has given me another idea. If enough people are interested, we could actually do racing contests as well as photo contests. We'd probably have to put a cap on what tuning level is allowed, especially in the beginning since there will be people who haven't or don't want to complete the career mode, but we could have a lot of fun, especially since I suspect we'd see some KARR's show up as well. And with a tuning cap on the performance side of things, KITT's, KARR's, attack modes, and even regular plain sight Mustang's would make for a potentially diverse field of Knight Industries inspired machines going toe-to-toe for Michael Knight's trademark signature of approval.
WOW! That's great! :mrgreen:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:40 pm

Hey guys,

I’ve got a little something for you all from NFSUnlimited.net. :good:

Matt

ImageImage

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:21 am

Matthew wrote:Hey guys,

Matt

ImageImage

Sweet! :good:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Matthew wrote:Hey guys,

Matt

ImageImage
OMG!OMG!OMG!I'm gonna get this game! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:37 am

Great! Just paint it black and it will be KI3T Hero mode. It has the correct rims and spoilers already.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi guys,

So Need for Speed Undercover has been out in the US for a few days now, and will be out in Europe from tomorrow, so I think it’s time to start figuring out exactly how we can utilize the game.

Now, I know that a number of the more prominent reviews have been slating the game left, right and center, so the first thing I’d like to do is get a head count on who already has it, who will have it by the weekend is over, and who’s waiting for a few days/weeks to see how it plays out with support via patches and whatnot.

I’d also like each of you to state which system you’re using so that we can get an idea whether organized race events will be viable given the lack of cross platform support for online gaming.

Matt

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Matt,

Finally i've been able to lay my hands on a copy and will be playing it on friday as soon as I get back home. The platform I will be using is my PC as I think it has got the better graphics.

I'll try to unlock the Mustang as soon as possible and get some screenshots for you guys. :good:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Anyone able to get the right colors on the car to match the show?

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:25 am

Great stuff Armen,

If all goes well, mine will arrive in the post this morning, at which point I'll be playing it throughout the day. :good:

Knight Racer, knowing the colors of the hero car, I believe that we should be aiming for the blue/black and blue/grey spectrum. As I understand it, the finish of the vinyls can also be changed, so we should be able to also give the racing stripes the matte finish they'll need to be as authentic as possible.

The only real question will be whether the vinlys disappear when we try to layer them inside the hood grilles, because if not, we should be able to create a pretty nice scanner effect too.

Matt

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:23 am

Hey Matt,

I hope you've been able to try Undercover by now, what do you think?

I think the driving is a bit stiff but the graphics is fine.

The Mustang is a little too expensive for my budget at this point but I thought I might post a screenshot of it:

ImageImage

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:54 am

Anyone been able to get it to look like the seires?I want to see a screenshot.If it does look like the series I might buy it.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Hey Matt,

I hope you've been able to try Undercover by now, what do you think?
Well, after spending almost two days behind the wheel, I have to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :lol:
Knight-Armen wrote: I think the driving is a bit stiff but the graphics is fine.
In the beginning, I found the handling to be a bit twitchy, but stiffening the suspension cleared it up for my trusty ’67 Camaro. Once I got my first tier 2 car though, I had to soften the suspension considerably due to a bobbling effect that began occurring when I was traveling through parts of Palm Harbor, which also helped to make the Gold Coast Mountains much easier to navigate.
Knight-Armen wrote:The Mustang is a little too expensive for my budget at this point.
I can't remember exactly how far into the game I was, but there was a pink slip race up in Sunset Hills that had the GT500KR as an option, so I got mine that way. I've tuned its suspension so that it's as soft as possible, and maximized the grip, which has made it a domination machine up in the canyons. :good:
Knight Racer wrote:Anyone been able to get it to look like the seires?I want to see a screenshot.If it does look like the series I might buy it.
I haven’t built a replica yet, but in the process of creating my beast, I did use the matte effect on a dark grey set of racing stripes to see how close I could get it to KITT, and the results were promising. Unfortunately, the Need for Speed website hasn’t been updated yet to include personal profiles for Undercover, so I wasn’t able to take any pictures of it.

Matt

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Any chance you can take a pic with a digital camera and show it here?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:08 pm

I haven’t built a replica yet, but in the process of creating my beast, I did use the matte effect on a dark grey set of racing stripes to see how close I could get it to KITT, and the results were promising. Unfortunately, the Need for Speed website hasn’t been updated yet to include personal profiles for Undercover, so I wasn’t able to take any pictures of it.
Matt,

You don't have to upload the pictures on your NFS account. Just hit 'PrintScreen' found on your keyboard next to F12 and Scroll Lock then go to Paint and press Ctrl + V and the image will appear on your sheet at which point you can save it onto your desktop.
When you're done with that you can use 'ImageShack' (google it) to upload your picture just like I did with the Mustang above :good:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Any chance you can take a pic with a digital camera and show it here?
I don’t have a digital camera I’m afraid.
Knight-Armen wrote:You don't have to upload the pictures on your NFS account. Just hit 'PrintScreen' found on your keyboard next to F12 and Scroll Lock then go to Paint and press Ctrl + V and the image will appear on your sheet at which point you can save it onto your desktop.
I'm using the PS3 mate, so it's not quiet as easy as it is on the PC. :lol:

Rumor has it that the website will be updated tomorrow though, so here's hoping I can post some really nice pictures of my hero KITT replica. :good:

Matt

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:05 am

Hey guys,

I've unlocked the Shelby GT500KR and here it is:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

I managed to make it look like Ki3t in terms of coloring, rims and what not (except the scanner). If someone knows how to do a scanner with photoshop or any other program feel free to use these screenshots to make one. :good:

Unfortunately though the contrast and the color settings of the game doesn't allow the car to display every single detail of it. As you can see it's quite hard to view the pin stripes that goes along the car on some of the pictures. Having that said, it looks kinda cool. :D
Also, while taking the screenshots I made some drifting to make it appear in action...

Enjoy :D

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:01 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Hey guys,

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

I managed to make it look like Ki3t in terms of coloring, rims and what not (except the scanner). If someone knows how to do a scanner with photoshop or any other program feel free to use these screenshots to make one. :good:

Unfortunately though the contrast and the color settings of the game doesn't allow the car to display every single detail of it. As you can see it's quite hard to view the pin stripes that goes along the car on some of the pictures. Having that said, it looks kinda cool. :D
Also, while taking the screenshots I made some drifting to make it appear in action...

Will these do for you?
Attachments
knight452_22418958rq0.jpg
knight452_22418958rq0.jpg (154.98 KiB) Viewed 23023 times
Show's Over...Go Home!

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Hey guys,

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Will these do for you?
I'm sorry i didn't get the last two front shots because Photoshop glitched on me.I hope you like'em.
Attachments
knight452_22418958rq0.jpg
knight452_22418958rq0.jpg (154.98 KiB) Viewed 22955 times
knight452_19128762rg8.jpg
knight452_19128762rg8.jpg (154.33 KiB) Viewed 22959 times
knight452_74968262gf8.jpg
knight452_74968262gf8.jpg (133.77 KiB) Viewed 22983 times
Show's Over...Go Home!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:48 pm

WOW! Excellent!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Wow, those are great pictures Armen, and I love the scanner effect Knight452. :good:

Matt

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:36 pm

It sure looks stunning, guys! GO Knight Rider!