To KR 08 haters...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

To KR 08 haters...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:38 am

Is Knight Rider TOS being shown on TV in your part of the world??

Does it still command the ratings it did when it was aired originally??

Im actually going to guess NO to the second question as its no longer 'new and fresh' and looks dated compared to what gets shown on TV/film these days (without including kr08 even...)

KR TOS season 1 was very different to season 4 because the show was changing with the times. Its roughly 22 years since MK and Ki2t were on our screens before repeats, times have moved on. Even KITT himself would not wish to have remained exactly the same for all that time, the car had a sense of his own image, check out KOTJ (s4 premiere) for examples of that.

KITT would approve of things changing!!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: To KR 08 haters...

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:46 am

Well said! I for one I'm very enthusiastic about the new show and you know what if back in the 80's we had the internet and forums like this I can bet good money there would always be those that back then would have expressed nothing but vitriol and hatred as well, is just human nature to try top put something down sadly.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:54 am

PunkMaister wrote: if back in the 80's we had the internet and forums like this
Ki2t had less memory than an iPod... :(

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:01 am

pheonix_knight wrote:
PunkMaister wrote: if back in the 80's we had the internet and forums like this
Ki2t had less memory than an iPod... :(
Indeed and yet it's AI operating system was far, far ahead of it's time as well as it's use of the information superhighway long before the world wide web was even born... K.R has always pushed the technological envelope...

KITT MARK 2
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITT MARK 2 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:09 am

Sure, it's keeping up with the times...but does it hafta suck while doing it?
--KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TEN THOUSAND

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:15 am

KITT MARK 2 wrote:Sure, it's keeping up with the times...but does it hafta suck while doing it?
Well the kids that are about your age when you watched the original show do not think it sucks and that is what counts because just as the original they are the target audience for the most part. I've read all the negative comments and most point to the simple fact that simply because is not a recreation of the 80's show set int 1980s it automatically sucks.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:58 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
KITT MARK 2 wrote:Sure, it's keeping up with the times...but does it hafta suck while doing it?
Well the kids that are about your age when you watched the original show do not think it sucks and that is what counts because just as the original they are the target audience for the most part. I've read all the negative comments and most point to the simple fact that simply because is not a recreation of the 80's show set int 1980s it automatically sucks.
most of my friends who are my age still to this day cant stand the original.....
but i have them hooked on this version.
One of them even suggested that we watch the new episode.. i didnt even bring it up this week.
and this week's episode blew all my friends....cant wait till next week
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:09 pm

Love Both shows,
82 KR was the start of thing great :kitt: - lets hope this 08 KR settles down characters become established & away we go!!! :good:
Just wish they change the attack kitt - those big rear wheel - horrible :!: & not in keeping with the theme

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Mike K wrote:Just wish they change the attack kitt - those big rear wheel - horrible :!: & not in keeping with the theme
And what pray-tell is the theme?
Put the word out!

TriComEMS2401
Volunteer

Post by TriComEMS2401 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:04 pm

I am a fan Knight Rider for what it was in the TOS and what it now is. Both shows pro's and con's to them. As die-hard KR fans we of course feel that the new show should have followed the orginal. But in some aspects it does just on a level we are not use to yet. I for one am just happy the show is back and is doing very well.
It's nice to have a piece of my childhood back again. I hope it's a long ride

:dash4:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:17 pm

I also have a question....Why is it people dont like Sarah driving KI3T?
It's more her car than Mike's. If he had turned down his role in being the driver in the begining, maybe she would have been the new driver, or some FBI agent like Rivai said. Plus, her dad made the car, she helps design most of the technology used on it and probably knows more about the car and spends more time with it than Mike. You have to remember at this stage in the show right now Mike and KI3T are partners on missions. We have to watch their friendship get stronger. But like i've said befor, this is the first time we've got to see the AI program learn. It really needs more human interaction with a wide variety of people to learn different emotions and respond correctly to different people's personalities. Plus, I'm pretty sure by the end of the first 13 that Mike and KI3Ts bond will be alot stronger as they go through more and more missions together. They're still learning from each other. Even the original was like that. I just know GST is working us up to something big. Which means we really should just enhoy the ride. You have to admit, they've already filmed the first 10 episodes, so unless it make's it pass the first 13, nothing's gonna change anyways....

Wow...i get on a subject and i just keep going and going and going....
Put the word out!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:I also have a question....Why is it people dont like Sarah driving KI3T?
It's more her car than Mike's. If he had turned down his role in being the driver in the begining, maybe she would have been the new driver, or some FBI agent like Rivai said. Plus, her dad made the car, she helps design most of the technology used on it and probably knows more about the car and spends more time with it than Mike. You have to remember at this stage in the show right now Mike and KI3T are partners on missions. We have to watch their friendship get stronger. But like i've said befor, this is the first time we've got to see the AI program learn. It really needs more human interaction with a wide variety of people to learn different emotions and respond correctly to different people's personalities. Plus, I'm pretty sure by the end of the first 13 that Mike and KI3Ts bond will be alot stronger as they go through more and more missions together. They're still learning from each other. Even the original was like that. I just know GST is working us up to something big. Which means we really should just enhoy the ride. You have to admit, they've already filmed the first 10 episodes, so unless it make's it pass the first 13, nothing's gonna change anyways....

Wow...i get on a subject and i just keep going and going and going....
I agree 100% on this and don't worrty I can't leave a subject alone either... :lol:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:I also have a question....Why is it people dont like Sarah driving KI3T?
Because one of the main ideas that made Knight Rider unique was that Kitt drove himself.

Knight Rider is about the car. THAT's the main focus of Knight Rider. This new show has missed that focus by quite some margin. I think this new show can still work pretty much as it is, but it does need some fine tuning.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:00 pm

Rockatteer wrote:
Because one of the main ideas that made Knight Rider unique was that Kitt drove himself.

Knight Rider is about the car. THAT's the main focus of Knight Rider. This new show has missed that focus by quite some margin. I think this new show can still work pretty much as it is, but it does need some fine tuning.
How is it not still about the car? Please explain thoughly because I'm really not catching people's point.

And you right, back in 1982 the focus of the Glan Lerson created Knight Rider was the focus of one man and not his car, but a million dollar peice of equipment that was sent on missions relevant to the 1980s and held a 1980s view on how the world should be.

This new Gary Thomspon runned version is about the most advanced automobile in the world, the man that was chosen to drive it and the team that makes sure no matter what, the mission is fulfilled.

I believe this show clearly hits it's focus, not the old show's focus.
Thats why me and my friends keep tuning in.
If i want a show like the 80s version, i'll watch the 80s version. Give me something new that keeps me entertained and allows me to escape from reality every week.... and they have won me over 1000000000%

I'm sorry I dont agree with you, and I never will. We have two visions of what this show should be. And I'm very glad that the one I have truely fallen in love with is now on the air.
And in all reality, I've surprised myself to realize I really do like this version more than the original.
It's everything I want in a show.
Put the word out!

KITT MARK 2
Recruit

Post by KITT MARK 2 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:41 pm

My problem with the show isn't that it's not a recreation. I work in comics and legacy characters and next gen stuff happens sometimes, so I know things hafta go with the times and what not.

My problem with the show is that in "keeping with the times" the writing is sophomoric relying entirely on hot cars and hot chicks to draw in the crowds like most of the current shows. Granted, the 80s show wasn't Emmy caliber, but some of the stuff here just bewilders the mind. Like in the 1st ep where KITT says someone is coming fast; instead of acting like a soldier or ranger or whatever the hell his screwed up mind recalls, Mike just STANDS there instead of taking cover or running for KITT even though he knew someone was after the guy he was with. And then KITT just sits there and lets it all go down, screw the "learning computer" stuff. That could have played out very differently in order to create the neccessary conflict and not make the hero look like a total moron. Now maybe he didn't have enough time to do what I said, but then that becomes the fault of the editing department for cutting the scene wrong. And then there's the fact in the first 3 episodes alone you had two of the lead women strip down to almost nothing. Three. In. A. Row.

Next up, the overall look. Attack KITT is nuts enough without having that dumb KR on the bottom. It also could've been handled very differently and more realistically if you wanted to keep up with the times. And the transformations, really, are they neccessary? I feel it cheapens the purpose of having a supercar if it needs to become ANOTHER car in order to do certain tasks, like run across the desert. I was more impressed by a Trans Am going off-road than I ever will be a Ford 4x4. And the driving was also done poorly; green screens instead of filming on the roads. They don't even make the car look like its moving along a road.

And that's just for starters. Maybe some people can be happy that something Knight Rider is back on TV just because it is KR, but I've never been one of those people. I prefer if something is to continue a legacy of an established franchise it does so in a way that either IMPROVES the concept or honors the original. This show really does neither.
--KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TEN THOUSAND

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:56 pm

It's more her car than Mike's.
When Ki3t was built by Charles, Sarah was estranged from her father so I wouldnt really say the car was more hers, especially as Charles had already chosen Mike to be the driver, although Mike didnt find out til later. I would concede that, as Sarah deals with most of Kitts upgrades now, she would spend more time with the car when not on a mission.

Question: Does that mean that Ki2t was Bonnie's or April's....????

Answer: NO it was still Michael Knights car.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:18 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
When Ki3t was built by Charles, Sarah was estranged from her father so I wouldnt really say the car was more hers, especially as Charles had already chosen Mike to be the driver, although Mike didnt find out til later. I would concede that, as Sarah deals with most of Kitts upgrades now, she would spend more time with the car when not on a mission.

**Sigh* Neither the K.R 2000 or the K.R 3000 belonged to any of this people mentioned here, they were always the property of either FLAGG or Knight industries respectively. I'm not going to bother to answer the reposts of the other haters as someone posted earlier there is obviosly 2 camps with 2 very distinct visions of what the show should be, some basically want a remake for all intended purposes and others want to roll with the times is as simple as that... :roll:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:24 pm

PunkMaister wrote: **Sigh* Neither the K.R 2000 or the K.R 3000 belonged to any of this people mentioned here, they were always the property of either FLAGG or Knight industries respectively.
I was gonna type the same thing...I actually thought i had but the post didnt go through.
Put the word out!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:28 pm

KITT MARK 2 wrote:My problem with the show isn't that it's not a recreation. I work in comics and legacy characters and next gen stuff happens sometimes, so I know things hafta go with the times and what not.

My problem with the show is that in "keeping with the times" the writing is sophomoric relying entirely on hot cars and hot chicks to draw in the crowds like most of the current shows. Granted, the 80s show wasn't Emmy caliber, but some of the stuff here just bewilders the mind. Like in the 1st ep where KITT says someone is coming fast; instead of acting like a soldier or ranger or whatever the hell his screwed up mind recalls, Mike just STANDS there instead of taking cover or running for KITT even though he knew someone was after the guy he was with. And then KITT just sits there and lets it all go down, screw the "learning computer" stuff. That could have played out very differently in order to create the neccessary conflict and not make the hero look like a total moron. Now maybe he didn't have enough time to do what I said, but then that becomes the fault of the editing department for cutting the scene wrong. And then there's the fact in the first 3 episodes alone you had two of the lead women strip down to almost nothing. Three. In. A. Row.

Next up, the overall look. Attack KITT is nuts enough without having that dumb KR on the bottom. It also could've been handled very differently and more realistically if you wanted to keep up with the times. And the transformations, really, are they neccessary? I feel it cheapens the purpose of having a supercar if it needs to become ANOTHER car in order to do certain tasks, like run across the desert. I was more impressed by a Trans Am going off-road than I ever will be a Ford 4x4. And the driving was also done poorly; green screens instead of filming on the roads. They don't even make the car look like its moving along a road.

And that's just for starters. Maybe some people can be happy that something Knight Rider is back on TV just because it is KR, but I've never been one of those people. I prefer if something is to continue a legacy of an established franchise it does so in a way that either IMPROVES the concept or honors the original. This show really does neither.
In your opinion.
Put the word out!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:38 pm

You cant hate KR 08. So please don't try.

The problem with Sarah driving KI3T as I see it is, and remains the comparison to KR TOS.
The first KITT was programed to protect "you specificially you, MIcheal Arthur Long" from Knight of the Phenoix.
Micheal Knight was the primary Driver as is Micheal Kinight II. Sometime Devon,Bonnie or even other people drove KITT.

Sarah is an operative like Micheal so...besides it 2008 women drive too.

DON'T ATE KR08.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:41 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:

We dont know that Charles chose Mike to be the new driver. Infact ....
After KI3T left the mansion after it had been breached his first task was to ensure the safety of Sarah and then to locate Mike Traucer to assist Sarah and then turn himself into the FBI.

It was only truely after Jennifer died that Mike fit the specifications that the job required. And like mentioned before, if Mike had not accepted, someone else would have been driving the car.

Anyways the point is, the car is property of Knight Industries,
and I'm pretty sure anyone who spends what I'm guessing is most of that person's time on the continuous upgrade on the car that they're better trained at what the car can do than someone who misses or ignores most meetings that deal with the complexities of the car.
Which is why I dont mind Sarah driving, she actually knows everything the car can do cause she appears to be the primary source of the new technology introduced to the car on every mission.
This is all my opinion, and I hope some agree. But I'm sure people wont..so Blahhhh
Put the word out!

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:10 am

kr 08 the new series is horrible, the acting is bad, i have seen better acting in a soap opera, the storylines are horrible, the transforming into different vehicles is horrible, the mustang is lame because it is a stock mustang with a stock steering wheel,the dash is nothing to look at, just a stock dash. i had no problem with the 2 hr pilot it was a little more believable, the attack mustang from the pilot wasn't too bad. but this new attack mustang is rediculous looking, this series is basically an updated version of team knight rider. kr o8 will be very lucky if they make it past 1 season.
in glen larson we trust.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:21 am

knightprobe89 wrote:kr o8 will be very lucky if they make it past 1 season.
and thats why we're tuning in everynight and so are our friends, because, weirdly enough, there are alot of people o like this show. and I myself LOVE this show. The acting is top notch. The CGI is breathtaking for what they're doing with the little money they have and the writing is in my opinion, just as good to the original if not better. The ideas and concepts are new and welsoming. Cause we kinda live in a time where sometimes it takes more than one my to make a difference, sometimes, no matter what, everyone needs help. like u
Put the word out!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:52 am

Yeah the computer graphics being used in this show are amazing when you consider the time frame they are done in. The VFX guys are producing movie quality FX in only a mater of a just a few weeks. Thats damn impressive.

I'll be the first to admit that I have some issues which aspects of this show. But in all honesty they aren't enough to stop me from watching it. I love the high tech aspect with all the very kewl gadgets and stuff. That rocks!

All in all it's a good show, I do hope that some fine tuning is done, but either way, it's still a show I'll watch. :)
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:34 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:kr o8 will be very lucky if they make it past 1 season.
and thats why we're tuning in everynight and so are our friends, because, weirdly enough, there are alot of people o like this show. and I myself LOVE this show. The acting is top notch. The CGI is breathtaking for what they're doing with the little money they have and the writing is in my opinion, just as good to the original if not better. The ideas and concepts are new and welsoming. Cause we kinda live in a time where sometimes it takes more than one my to make a difference, sometimes, no matter what, everyone needs help. like u
I also LOVE this show. Is it perfect? No, of course not. No show is perfect, however this show is very entertaining and that' s what a good show should be. Also I do not understand how it is possible to HATE this show if you liked the original. I can understand that there could be things that people do not like but it is still Knight Rider and everyone who liked the original should be able to at least tolerate the new one. Also I find the acting greatly improving every week. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, it is okay to post what you do not like (in fact, it is good to do so, so that future episodes can improve) but some people seem to post HATE and I do not think a true Knight Rider fan should do that.

Also, I wish people would stop complaining about KI3T being a mustang. For one this is a new KITT and also it's not like KITT only has the specs of a mustang (which for the Shelby, are great anyway) and like many people pointed out, Pontiac does not make the Trans Am anymore. This is the car that we have, this is the show that we have, now I just hope that people can continue watching and give us Knight Rider fans a show that we can all grow to love.

At least there are a lot of fans out there like myself and Faithful Car KRO like I quoted who do seem to enjoy the show. I know that my friends, family and myself who do enjoy the new show will continue to watch every week.