Episode 13: "I Love the Knightlife" Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Episode 13: "I Love the Knightlife" Spoilers

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Not sure I understand why the synopsis is the same as episode 12, either it's a typo or...maybe a two parter?

Knight Rider - Episode 1.13 - I Love the Knightlife"Pawn - Casting Call
Posted by DarkUFO at 11:30 PM (Comments: 0)
Labels: Knight Rider

STORY LINE
KITT is stolen so his dangerous robotic counterpart, KARR, can be re-activated...

[VICTOR GALT]
(30's, very good physical shape) A freelance assassin and thief, he's responsible for the murderous theft of the remaining HXP serum. Dangerous and deadly, he's a formidable force for MIKE (JUSTIN BRUENING) to take down. GUEST LEAD. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

[ALEXANDRA PACHINKO]
(mid-20's - 30's) The gorgeous co-owner of an ultra-hip Hollywood nightclub, ALEXANDRA is the business partner of VICTOR GALT. Quite willing to kill in the pursuit of her own gain, she's not to be taken lightly. GUEST LEAD. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

[MEGAN CONNOLLY]
(attractive, late 20's) A PhD in advanced biochemistry, she's DR. GOGOL's right-hand on the Human Potentiality Project. Deeply concerned about the disappearance of the HXP serum, she's impressed with BILLY's (PAUL CAMPBELL) knowledge and determination to help her find it. GUEST LEAD. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

[COLONEL PARTAIN]
(40'S, male) A tough commander who isn't buying MIKE's (JUSTIN BRUENING) cover story, he's determined to uncover what really happened to the HXP serum. 1 SPEECH, 9 LINES, 1 SCENE. LARGE CO-STAR. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

[DR. LAWRENCE GOGOL]
(50's and in very good physical shape) The scientist behind a research project to develop a serum to enhance strength, speed and endurance in soldiers, he's tried to be protective of his creation sptv050769. 2 SPEECHES, 2 LINES, 2 SCENES. CO-STAR. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

[THUGGISH GUY]
(20's - 30's) This imposing thug is overwhelmed when KITT "takes him for a rider". 4 LINES, 2 SCENES, CO-STAR. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

[COLLEGE CHEERLEADER]
This hot bikini-clad college cheerleader is raising money for her squad by washing cars. 2 LINES, 1 SCENE, CO-STAR. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

[VALET]
The valet at a hip nightclub. 1 LINE, 2 SCENES, CO-STAR. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/10/k ... -love.html

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Re: Episode 13: "I Love the Knightlife" Spoilers

Post by n1elkyfan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Joe Huth wrote:[DR. LAWRENCE GOGOL]
(50's and in very good physical shape) The scientist behind a research project to develop a serum to enhance strength, speed and endurance in soldiers, he's tried to be protective of his creation sptv050769. 2 SPEECHES, 2 LINES, 2 SCENES. CO-STAR. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/10/k ... -love.html

Joe
Maybe this is what happened to Mike in Iraq

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:43 am

I had a feeling it would be a two parter! It has to be because of the different casting call and with something like KARR would take 2 episodes to explain the mythology and create a good story line.

Also if you were interested to be in the show for this casting call, how do you apply?

Joe

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:19 pm

As suspected by most, this looks like a 2-parter.

I still don't rule out hope for the Hoff, for various reasons:

- Latest rumours indicated he would return in a multi-episode arc.
- GST said the fate and mythology of FLAG would be dealt with in this episode.
- When asked about the original Michael and Kitt he said "keep watching" and that was before the additional 4 script pick up.
- It would make sense for ratings to have your possible final episode feature something to draw the biggest audience, to help secure a pick up of further episodes.
- Logically, it would be a disappointment to bring in Michael Knight's second biggest arch-nemesis (first being Garthe) and waste that on characters who weren't even involved. It's not like Superman and Zod having to take revenge out on the son of Jor El. *Karr's first instinct if he is still looking for revenge, would be to go after the original Michael and Kitt, surely....

* I'm not a writer on the show, I realise that last comment was interpretation. You might have come up with a killer plot that utilises Karr in a different way. I wouldn't dictate what should happen. You're the geniuses. I'm the audience that applauds, or walks away disappointed. Either way, it's Knight Rider, and I'm still watching :good:

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:30 pm

This sounds a lot like Captain America. Super soldier serum.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:54 pm

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:24 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote: *Karr's first instinct if he is still looking for revenge, would be to go after the original Michael and Kitt, surely....
KARR's CPU was originally all about 'self preservation' not revenge really. Although i could understand now, having been beaten twice (i suppose three times if you include the time off screen when he was deactivated and put in the museum/warehouse where the theives broke in and inadvertantly released him) he might be getting more and more mad. I think his quest for revenge will, again, prove his undoing.

The power and capability difference in the k3000 shell over what he had before (although fantastic back then) would feel like AI 'steroids' to him.... KARR could be FAR more dangerous now. More capability and a massively boosted Ego and no equivilent AI nemesis that we know of seeing as Ki3t's CPU is being removed in favour of KARR's

I've just had a thought whilst typing this.

Ki3t is learning but what if the way he's developing is potentially dangerous or against the wishes of someone higher up in government and thats what leads the other guy coming in and shutting the SSC down as he feels ki3t is being badly influenced by the current crew of the 'kittcave'.

The government, having invested all that money in the project DO NOT want to have to start from scratch with a brand new vehicle/AI combo but something has happened to Ki2t and so the only suitable (in technical terms, remember we're talking about number crunchers and military types that see people as numbers or statistics...) AI they can use is the one recovered from KARR...

Whadya think folks? Plausible?

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:25 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote: *Karr's first instinct if he is still looking for revenge, would be to go after the original Michael and Kitt, surely....
KARR's CPU was originally all about 'self preservation' not revenge really. Although i could understand now, having been beaten twice (i suppose three times if you include the time off screen when he was deactivated and put in the museum/warehouse where the theives broke in and inadvertantly released him) he might be getting more and more mad. I think his quest for revenge will, again, prove his undoing.

The power and capability difference in the k3000 shell over what he had before (although fantastic back then) would feel like AI 'steroids' to him.... KARR could be FAR more dangerous now. More capability and a massively boosted Ego and no equivilent AI nemesis that we know of seeing as Ki3t's CPU is being removed in favour of KARR's

I've just had a thought whilst typing this.

Ki3t is learning but what if the way he's developing is potentially dangerous or against the wishes of someone higher up in government and thats what leads the other guy coming in and shutting the SSC down as he feels ki3t is being badly influenced by the current crew of the 'kittcave'.

The government, having invested all that money in the project DO NOT want to have to start from scratch with a brand new vehicle/AI combo but something has happened to Ki2t and so the only suitable (in technical terms, remember we're talking about number crunchers and military types that see people as numbers or statistics...) AI they can use is the one recovered from KARR...

Whadya think folks? Plausible?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:28 am

Garthe Knight wrote:Image
That's hot!

Joe

ex812
Recruit

Post by ex812 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:34 am

KARR will not want revenge in the classic sense. KARR is all about Self preservation, even in KITT VS KARR he went on the offensive because he knew that Michael and KITT would not stop until they deactivated him. Hence he went after them to ultimately protect himself. KARR would naturally go after Knight Research as they would be the entity trying to deactivate or destroy him this time around. Michael and KITT would no longer be a threat because they arent in the picture anymore. KARR did hate the Foundation though..... I hope that they watched KVK though as it would suck if they picked it up with just the events from Trust doesnt rust

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:20 pm

From the descriptions, where does it sound like KARR's involved at all? It sounds like Super Duper Serum ala Cappy America to me...

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Post by n1elkyfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Joe Huth wrote: Knight Rider - Episode 1.13 - I Love the Knightlife"Pawn - Casting Call
Posted by DarkUFO at 11:30 PM (Comments: 0)
Labels: Knight Rider

STORY LINE
KITT is stolen so his dangerous robotic counterpart, KARR, can be re-activated...
I would say that this is were KARR comes in to play

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:24 am

If you read the descriptions of the character, and not the story line...then it's obvious that the story line was cut and pasted unto this new ep.

No Karr...boo hoo.

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:10 pm

I only hope that they don't kill off KARR. Have him as a reoccuring bad guy. Every hero needs an equal nemesis. That is one thing that disappointed me in the original. Four seasons, two episodes. Need more
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:40 pm

KARR is like the Borg, or Q, or the Evil Bionic Woman/Starbuck...whoops...

you don't want to go to the well too much.

I agree that if the writers play the correct track, then KARR could be more than a one trick pony...mustang...whatever...

there was something interesting on the new Knight Research website from NBC...if you look under Charles' profile, it says that he worked with an Ryan Arrow on the "prototype of the Knight Industries Three Thousand"...

http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com ... bbbfbc1147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in doing some more digging, IMDB shows that Ryan Arrow was played by Jeffrey Pierce, in "Journey to the End of the Knight"...I watched the ep online today, and did not see this character portrayed or Jeffrey Pierce's name in the credits...Please let me know if i missed it by accident.

I thought it was more interesting that it's stated that there was a prototype to KI3T...maybe they are redoing the history to get a modern mustang KARR vs the known KARR CPU...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:15 am

It's IMDB, unless something was cut from the episode that had to do with him, you really can't take IMDB as fact sometimes due to anyone being able to edit it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:29 pm

So this is a two-parter from the KARR's episode? Do we know if KARR will be in this episode as well?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;