The Sound effects for the movie

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

The shadowy flight
Rookie

The Sound effects for the movie

Post by The shadowy flight » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 pm

What do you think about Sound Effects in the movie? They're an important part and should the FX department make some updated button sounds as well as the famous engine start-up sequence sound, turbine jet engine, speed counter rattle and those Devon call-in as we used to hear in TOS?

I say yes, it's also a part of that magic.

The shadowy flight
Rookie

Re: The Sound effects for the movie

Post by The shadowy flight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Bump no one an opinion?

Dukeboy320
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Dukeboy320 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:54 pm

keep it same to the oringal

henrygrik
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by henrygrik » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:36 pm

There is no need to change the original music, it is at its best. Let it be as it is.
henry

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:48 pm

I think the KR movie should be rebooted a-la Star Trek with updated themes and designs and a few easter eggs sprinkled throughout for us die hard fans.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:07 am

I think they should re-create everything to suit the film, especially sound effects. Sounds play very important part in making the world come alive and honestly I don't wish modern take on Knight Rider sounded like a rehash of 1980s sound effect libraries.

There is one major exception, though; The scanner sound has to stay. At this point its part of the essence of Knight Rider, in the same way Doctor Who's TARDIS has to sound like that, or the way Godzilla roars. Like with those two, the sfx team can tweak and/or modernize the scanner sound, but the base has to remain the same. For example they could add a little bit of 'Matrix code rain' style effect to the background, or add greater change of volume in the pulse, stuff like that, but it still has to sound a KITT scanner.

As for the theme song, well, I loved the way the new show handled it and the new movie should follow the lead. I know, the new theme didn't sound much like KR, but it represented the show really well; It had the same base rhythm and pulse driving the song, yet the sound and melody were different and more modern, just like the show itself. What ever they decide on the theme song, they should avoid the easy route of just jusing a techno/industrial/rap remix.
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!