Episode 1 - What did you LIKE? NO RANTS!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jimknight
Rookie

Re: Episode 1 - What did you LIKE? NO RANTS!

Post by jimknight » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:12 pm

well ive just seen episode 1 and have to say i was actually happy with it overall
things i liked are as follow

1.KI3T mustang (i have fully accepted the mustang and love it 100%)
2. Michael taking his fathers name
3. KI3T voice
4. The HUD
5. Turbo Boost

eduka2b
Stranger

Post by eduka2b » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:43 pm

I LOVED everything about this show! I was affraid it was going to be cheesey and it was going to be a David H. comeback, but OMG! So worth it! I automatically texted all of my friends to tell them that it was a must see for them on Wednesday night! I also loved the new KITT car! I was thinking there was no way they could beat the old KITT, but when I saw them side by side on this page and after watching the show I honestly like this KITT better!

TOO COOL! BIG FAN HERE!

(I've already changed my desktop wallpaper!)

Andyuk
Volunteer

Post by Andyuk » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 am

I've just watched the first episode of knight rider and i have to say its much better then the pilot was :lol: I had to watch it via downloading it from err torrents though but hopefully some Uk tv channel will pick it up so i can watch it legally and support it with its ratings.

I do plan to buy the DVD if and when there is one :good:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Just got back from Italy two days ago, and my first thing to do online, after going through my email, was to watch the episode on hulu. Can't give a totally positive review- more like a mixed one. I do like the new show, and the feel of it, with a few exceptions.
1) I still love Mike, Sarah, and Charles. I'm not sure what to say about Billy and Zoe, i found the way she was always teasing him to be a bit annoying. And do we need another computer nerd? I do not like the guy running things, whose name i forget, and my interest in Carrie Ravai has gone down a few notches, after that whole '"faking Michael's death" thing. What I'm finding intriguing is that because of a past Mike doesn't remember, but apparently Charles, head guy, and even KITT know, he can't fully trust himself, or his so called teammates. So much for the family feeling i was originally raving about. It'll be interesting to see what happens when it all comes out.
2) As for KITT itself, "Attack mode" doesn't bother me, but the turbo boost left a bit to be desired. I miss the sound effects when KITT was leaping over something. Val Kilmer is still not wowing me; I found his speeches to be a bit slow on delivery.
3) The plot device seemed rather superfluous, but the real plot was Mike's past, and what he may have done. I liked the action sequences, loved the KITT cave, and think the show is better than i thought it would be.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:49 am

I just watched the episode on YouTube.

I loved it!!!

I whole show wreaks of an updated version of the original KR.

I think they got it right. :D
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:09 am

i have to say the broadcasted version was a lot better than the one from the web-release, at least regarding the technical representation!
seems to me that they polished the special effects and they toned down the background music, so with the remixed sound it was a lot easier to understand the dialogue. this definately increased the viewing pleasure.

still the first episode had some flaws, especially in making the show believable, but the broadcasted version was at least enjoyable. can't wait for episode 2 next week :)

Space
Volunteer

Post by Space » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 pm

All the girls....

Bishop37
Recruit

Post by Bishop37 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Err, I saw it via "Canadian Broadcast" and some of the concerns I had from reading the reviews of the webcast were laid to rest.

The fire at the start was a chemical fire so waster wouldn't have put it out.

The car coming out of the plane is cool and I liked how they turned him into Michael Knight.

3/5

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Not counting redneck mode?

Everything. :)

The truck however needs to never be shown again. :good:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Seeing it on TV now with the adjusted sound and knowing what to expect, it was a lot better than the first time watching it.
I even had the feeling they synchronized KITT's scanner sound with the moving lights.

I'm still no fan of the attack mode, but overall it was better than my first impression and I guess I am getting used to it. Hope we'll get to see more KR.

Phantom
Volunteer

Post by Phantom » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Mixed views really:

What I liked:
- Really warming to the Mustang being KITT now, especially since it has the infamous scanner noise.
- Val Kilmer's voice has also warmed on me since the pilot, I especially like the bit where he responds to say "Yes, but can your car do this?" He's very much a show off like the Two-Thousand is.
- I liked the sequence of the 180 turn out of the plane :) was class
- Seeing "Turbo Boost" appear on screen was great again
- Billy's character was great, "We should have a baby... Really?... No..." that woman is such a tease!

What I didn't Like:
- Optimus-Knight Rider-Prime. Attack Mode and Truck Mode and anything else is unnessasary looked cheap. Cool effect but very cheesy. The nannite shell was good in the Pilot having them rearrange to form the attack mode may have been better
- "KR" on KITTS belly in flash neon lights. Need say more?
- The Fact Batman has leant Knight Rider his cave was silly too. Better than a Semi but theres way too many people floating around now its hard to keep track of who everyone is.
- If a car is traveling at 355MPH wouldn't the g-force being hit force Mike and Sarah into the backs of their seats?

Hope thoughts on Future Plots...

I reckon that KITT will go rogue as he 'learns' as they'll conflict his programming and unable to respond. In Knight Industries despiration and the fact the Three Thousand has 'classified' files and knowledge they realize the only way to take out a Knight Industries is with another of its own kind and bring out the Two-Thousand to detain the Three Thousand long enough for the engineers to bring the Three back to reality. Sorta like the cat and mouse games in KITT vs KARR. Would make an awesome season finale, especially if Mike's injured by the Three Thousand and his 'father' is around. Would be a huge ratings boost to see David Hasselholf back in the 83' Trans'am with the good ol' voice everyones grown to love :)

Hopefully they'll ditch the stupid 'truck' mode and every other mode 'planned' or other wise. Attack Mode I can get use to live with, but surely the pair of them would have been crushed when KITT returned into Mustang form.

My two cents anyhow, aside from that it was a pretty cool episode. It's missing the 'one-man and one-car' formula though IMO, its now 'one-car' and it's army

Ad'

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:36 pm

killem2 wrote:Not counting redneck mode?

Everything. :)

The truck however needs to never be shown again. :good:
lmao nice one

Joe

spto
Volunteer

Post by spto » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:48 pm

I liked most of the show especially the send up on the whole James Bond type stuff in the first part of the episode. I really do think this could work out well. The only thing I didn't like was the truck. I mean, what's the point of turning into a truck?

Oh well, I have high hopes for this show.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Phantom wrote:- If a car is traveling at 355MPH wouldn't the g-force being hit force Mike and Sarah into the backs of their seats?
Are passengers of airplanes pushed into the backs of their seats the whole time the plane is moving?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jminn5703
Stranger

Post by jminn5703 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:11 pm

I liked it as a fan of the 1980s knight rider this is a great show and i think it can have lot of sucess. so what if kitt is a ford mustang now the car looked really cool in my view. Val Kilmar did a great job as KITT. And seeing Sara almost nude in the car and then when Mike walks in on her getting dressed it was like she is hot. When i saw that i had a feeling some people would be like upset about it or uneasy about it but its 2008 people and nothing wrong with showing some sexuality. I mean back in the 1980s i am sure we would not of mind if Knight walked in on Bonnie in the middle of changing her clothes etc. so i give the new knight rider a 10 out of 10. I look forward seeing more shows.

I also liked when KITT turned into the other modes even the ford f150 that was cool when they had to go off road or on the train tracks.

Words_vs_Pain
Volunteer

Post by Words_vs_Pain » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:14 am

* The original "whoosh whoosh" sound

Bear_Spirit
Volunteer

Post by Bear_Spirit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:08 am

The AI of Kit is impressive and interesting. :)

Phantom
Volunteer

Post by Phantom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Rockatteer wrote:
Phantom wrote:- If a car is traveling at 355MPH wouldn't the g-force being hit force Mike and Sarah into the backs of their seats?
Are passengers of airplanes pushed into the backs of their seats the whole time the plane is moving?

Fair arguement,

knightrider4evr
Stranger

Post by knightrider4evr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:23 am

I loved the new show. I have watched it over and over on the satellite. I love how K.I.T.T. new spm, or the Attack Mode looks, they just need to show it longer, not for glimpses. As for the KR under the car, that really means King of The Road, it was a the mustang of the 60's.

I do like when he transforms into a truck, but I do not want to see it too often, and I would like to see him change into other mustangs again. :dash: :spmgo:

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:51 am

Niggle Snoosh wrote: What I Didn't Like:
Billy fainting - I don't mind Billy being used regulary for a bit of comic relief and i'm fine with him perhaps not being perfectly suitesd to being super spy technition but being so intelligent that he is a valuable part of the team but fainting. The throwing up was ok, makes him a bit of wuss but otherwise ok but fainting thats like placing a neon sign that reads "I dont deserve respect" permantly above his head.
What I Liked:
Sarah almost Tripping over him.

adamclark83
Stranger

Post by adamclark83 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:19 am

I have only seen a couple of clips and seen pictures from this episode, and one of the things I liked is Sarah's black, sparkly dress. A beautiful dress on a beautiful woman.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:28 pm

killem2 wrote:Not counting redneck mode?
*chews on grass stem*
*loads 12 gauge shotgun*
*climbs in Ford pickup truck*

Them's fightin' words, yew city slicker, and I declare WAR!
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:52 am

the KITTCave kinda reminded me of the inside of Sky 1 on TKR

Richard
Recruit

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:21 pm

I liked the episode. At the end it was a pure simple fun.

In the episode I liked -
The way Bill and Zoe interact with each other is quite awesome
Turbo Boost!
Hud looks good!
The soundtrack was awesome
At its best, entertainment is going to be a subjective thing that can't win for everyone, while at worst, a particular game just becomes a random symbol for petty tribal behavior.
-John Carmack