wow, official news

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: wow, official news

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:57 pm

lol, maybe Glenn should just let NBC have that paycheck back...... Then they might be able to afford to jump a real car once in a while.... lol
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:47 pm

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I have just read the news that Glen Larson is about to bring Battlestar Galactica to the big screen. Read the Story here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor, can you comment on that? Is that true at all? And does this affect the KR movie in any way?

I have to say I am a big fan of Ronald D. Moore's version of BSG and while I am curious how Glen would update the franchise, I am a bit sceptical. Anyway, any information and/or confirmation would be appreciated! :) Thanks!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:55 am

I'm looking into it Duster, thanks for the tip.

=VK=
:dash:

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:04 pm

If for example the new series was cancelled It is going to affect the development of KR the movie in any way? :( please answer my question :| :?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:33 am

youbelong wrote:If for example the new series was cancelled It is going to affect the development of KR the movie in any way? :( please answer my question :| :?
Duster, I looked into what you posted and I can confirm that the news about the BSG movie is true, however I would not pop the champagne just yet until you hear the deal is closed or the picture is greenlit through either Variety or the Hollywood Reporter.

Youbelong -- Yes it would affect the development of the movie at this point. Duster, given that Glen likes to have several irons in the fire, I would say its unlikely to affect the KR motion picture. At this point it is only TWC delaying the movie going into production. Worst case scenerio, I would say the new BSG gets fast tracked into production while Knight Rider continues to be delayed until the option on it runs out and Glen can take it to another studio, not unlike what he did with Revolution Studios awhile back.

While Universal can be a lot of negative things to people, one of its strengths has always been getting movies into production quicker than other studios. If they really want BSG to get to the big screen and they get permission from Glen to do it, it will happen but you can bet your bottom dollar that Glen will hold onto his creative control tenaciously and it will not be Moore or Eick's vision. It will be Glen's original vision of Galactica and it will be a gamble to see if modern audiences will accept it.

=VK=

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks for your answer MR victor :good: i hope a one day to see the real knight rider with glen a larson vision. Thanks again.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:29 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 579b7b0f13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well the "negotiations" are at least confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter and that the new BSG movie would not be in either Moore or Eick's vision, it will be focused on Glen's original concept.

=VK=

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Thank you, Vic. I don't know how much you will be into the BSG project, but would you mind to keep us updated in this matter on these boards here as well, if it's okay with the admins?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:50 pm

I hope this will make them speed up the process of creating a KR movie on the same way. I belive a KR on the big screen will be really something good to have Image :kitt:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 am

hey vic, just curious, when does larsons option run out with the twc?
in glen larson we trust.

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:21 am

i'm ALL for a quality, big-budget KR movie to help remove the taste of the terrible NBC show... but c'mon... a larson BSG movie? ignoring and rebooting one of the best written sci-fi shows in recent memory? eick and moore hit it out of the park. let it be.

so say we all.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:33 am

d_osborn wrote:i'm ALL for a quality, big-budget KR movie to help remove the taste of the terrible NBC show... but c'mon... a larson BSG movie? ignoring and rebooting one of the best written sci-fi shows in recent memory? eick and moore hit it out of the park. let it be.

so say we all.
Here, here. Why go with the "vision" that failed to get passed a first season? The recent BSG series was a hit, it's spin-off prequel series Caprica is coming soon too. Makes no sense. Oh well, can't see it doing well, but the modern series rocks and goes from strength-to-strength in DVD sales and with the Caprica series too so I'll continue to follow it. IF (which I doubt, not while the current franchise is doing well and making money) they make a BSG movie like the tacky 70's series it'll flop, but that's only my opinion.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:31 pm

DevonStyles wrote:Geffen records will also release the epic long awaited Guns n Roses album chinese democracy as the official knight rider soundtrack.
Chinese Democracy is the sixth studio album by American rock band Guns N' Roses. It was released on November 23, 2008, worldwide, except in the United Kingdom on November 24, 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So............when is that Knight Rider TMP Soundtrack coming????

DevonStyles, i couldn't resist either...even if it's 8 months later! :D

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 pm

So in nutshell the official news is that there are no news only rumors and innuendo and off course the good O'l script.